November 18, 2017, 12:40:36 PM

Author Topic: Moshiri buys the Liver Building  (Read 9570 times)

September 26, 2017, 07:18:11 PM
Reply #180

Lxxx

I've got to be honest I'd never even heard of angry birds before I read they were going to be our new sponsor.

deCoubertin

September 26, 2017, 07:20:21 PM
Reply #181

MmmBlueRamirez

Isn't Wayne already married to an angry bird?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 26, 2017, 08:11:15 PM
Reply #182

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Isn't Wayne already married to an angry bird?

We all are.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 26, 2017, 08:23:34 PM
Reply #183

Macca77

September 26, 2017, 08:53:52 PM
Reply #184

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Assuming there is no conflict between the club 'brand/image'  and the advertisers 'brand/image then I would assume the deal is done mostly on what is the greatest financial reward for the club?
I understand the benefits of being linked with top global brands in advertising but it strikes me that this is a similar discussion to team building - we know where we are now and where we want to be. However, it's not one step it's several and we need to work towards getting to the top and then the global brands will be knocking on our door.
With regards to Sportpesa being well known -was Etihad before Man City spent the money?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 26, 2017, 08:59:56 PM
Reply #185

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 26, 2017, 09:27:50 PM
Reply #186

Toddacelli

Wayne Rooney is already a globally-recognised footballer but the Everton striker could be set for worldwide stardom of a different kind with his potential immortalisation in the Angry Birds online game franchise.

The club expect the new shirt-sleeve sponsorship deal with Rovio, the game's developers, will produce both financial and exposure benefits to boost their profile to unprecedented levels.

One area could see Rooney appear in a Toffees spin-off version of the massively-popular online game.

Everton's partnership with the Finnish company may have brought howls of derision from certain sections of the fanbase due to the game's main character being a red bird - the colour of cross-city rivals Liverpool - but Press Association Sport understands in Premier League boardrooms up and down the country the club have been privately congratulated for securing such an innovative deal.

The club hope to boost their appeal in a different demographic in key growth markets, particularly the likes of China and the Far East, as Angry Birds has a global brand awareness third only to Disney and Lego, while Rovio are looking to capitalise on the immense global appeal of the Premier League.

'We have a history of doing Angry Bird homages of real-life characters so obviously now we are in collaboration (with Everton) we can work together to bring interesting characters and profiles into the games,' said Ville Heijari, Rovio Entertainment's chief marketing officer told Press Association Sport.

'Potentially Wayne Rooney would be involved.

'It is not just enough that we reach mobile players
; we want to reach sports fans, television spectators, so it is a big audience we are going after.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4920632/Wayne-Rooney-feature-new-Everton-Angry-Birds-game.html

Eh?

Who called him mobile? Can't run anymore and now he can't drive anymore either!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 27, 2017, 01:18:26 AM
Reply #187

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Some more angry than others

If only we could catapult them sometimes hey MAte?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 27, 2017, 01:35:25 AM
Reply #188

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
OK, i can sort of see that point of view.
I disagree with it as i think the point of selling advertising space is to get money. If it was about anything else then EiTC would be on our shirts and nothing else. (akin to what Barca did)
Considering we have just replaced a beer company with an online betting company as our main sponsor - a child friendly gaming/cartoon company doesn't seem that bad to me.

By the way, Rovio as a game maker may have seen a decline - but the IP of angrybirds far, far surpasses that now. It was only last week they were looking at a billion dollar IPO. The only downtick for them was when they failed to get on board with the IAP model and everybody overtook them. That's all small beans to them now though.
They would have had meetings with most of the clubs in the premier league. Found out what each one was after as a sponsorship package and then decided what we were asking for compared to our exposure/TV appearances suited their budget. Nothing more, nothing less.
If they had a 10m budget for a sponsorship deal they would be on the arms of United. Simple as that.

That is what I said?? I hope they gave us the most money for it.

It was everyone else going on about how big the brand was and how many millions of new fans we were getting. I'm saying they're not that big of a brand anymore, they want to pay us to advertise their brand, not the other way round.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"