November 19, 2017, 04:43:58 PM

Author Topic: 2000-2010  (Read 2801 times)

January 01, 2011, 02:51:21 AM
Read 2801 times

Harry cross

What's your favourite Everton Moment?

deCoubertin

January 01, 2011, 02:58:05 AM
Reply #1

wigster

wimbledon 94'-95, wembley 95 ,m nsza
tony scores we riot

January 01, 2011, 03:00:36 AM
Reply #2

blueslipper

The F.A Cup semi final.

The perfect day or me, with my best blue mates, some tidy blue tarts scattered around Wembley, plenty of booze, sun and a rollercoaster of a match which we came out on top.

Will take that day to the grave with me.
Snap, apart from the blue tarts that is...I was with the missus and my lad but you summed it up perfectly...ah memories

January 01, 2011, 03:00:50 AM
Reply #3

wigster

sorry lads, must be the gin. wembley 2009 was up there, when the winning peno went in, never heard a noise like it. take that to my grave. all the best fellow blues
tony scores we riot

January 01, 2011, 03:02:11 AM
Reply #4

matty1878

tough one... radzinskis winner against southampton.. (even tho hes a cunt) or arsenal at home (beattie) infact im getting greedy liverpool at home (aj) i can tell you tho loads of heart in my mouth moments! fuckin plenty (there pretty much every time we defend a lead)
row u seat 167 park end

January 01, 2011, 03:10:01 AM
Reply #5

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
The Gosling winner against the RS and the pennos against Utd.

January 01, 2011, 03:17:30 AM
Reply #6

Harry cross

As poor as the last ten years have been (no trophies) I've got some brilliant memories

Anderlecht away 2002 my first European away with Everton sold about 1500 tickets took about 3000 there not so much the game (we got beat) it was want went on afterwards.

Rangers away first trip to Glasgow had a boss day out.

Rooneys (cunt) goals against Arsenal and Leeds.

Villa Real away and Valencia must have been 8-10,000 blues over there. Didn't enjoy us getting knocked out.

The Carsley, Johnson and Gosling derby's

Ferguson v Man Utd diving header and Goodison rocking

Beating Man Utd 3-1

Fiorentina, Artetas goal probably the closest the younger generation will get to for the ''Munich'' atmosphere.

Nuremburg away thousands in the Germans end and a good result

The 2009 cup run.

There's plenty more, as much as Everton can do your head in they still gave me some brilliant memories. More of the same please Blues give us a trophy in the next 10 years though eh.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 03:24:00 AM by Harry cross »

January 01, 2011, 03:19:25 AM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
AJ's last minute winner against Arsenal gave me the greatest satisfaction in that decade, as did Gisling's winner against the shite.

Biggest releases of adrenalin that decade for me watching Everton.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 01, 2011, 03:22:23 AM
Reply #8

Thom

Administrator
Rooney vs Arsenal and Leeds.
Ferguson vs United
Osman vs Larissa
The 5-1 win over Hull, with Landon scoring
Radzinski vs Southampton
AJ vs Arsenal
Carsley, AJ, Gosling and this October's derbies
FA Cup semi final and final (the final just for the whole day out, not the result)
UEFA Cup match vs Fiorentina
The 2004-05 season and qualifying for the Champion's League

So many good memories, but as always there's always something better. Hopefully the next decade will bring a trophy or two.

January 01, 2011, 03:24:36 AM
Reply #9

Tinga

Stepping out onto Wembley after downing 5 pints in 15 minutes, the place engulfed me and I shit myself (not literally of course) Wembley didn't feel real.

Going for a piss at half time and starting a drunken Everton song while taking a great and deserved piss :D.

Sharing half a ciggie with some old guy who was sitting next to me, great stuff.

Some others;

Gosling v the shite.

Carlsey v the shite as I slept in my red shite uncles that night :D watched MOTD with him and enjoyed every second.

Aj v the shite.

Ferguson v United in the league.

Manny fernandes skinning the Arsenal players.

Manny goal v United.

Mcfadden v Charlton.

Rodwell/Gosling v United.

Boro game in FA cup.

first game v Wolves (2004/05 i think)

Cahill at anfield.

the Florentine game although I was in tears after it.

Millwall at home, going to look at the riots after the match was 'different'.

Carsleys last minute v Birmingham.

AJ v Arsenal in the hailstones, running home getting twatted on the head with my dad never felt so good.

(more to follow after.)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 03:30:07 AM by Tinga »

January 01, 2011, 04:29:09 AM
Reply #10

nomorechang

RIP
The whole of the FA Cup run for me was brilliant and actually winning a penalty shoot out against Utd at Wembley is one of my best ever Everton moments , (and I've seen 3 league wins , and was at the Bayern game)
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 01, 2011, 05:23:25 AM
Reply #11

Tasslehoff

1) Jags pen in the semi,
2) Goslings against Liverpool
3) Arteta deflection against Liverpool

January 01, 2011, 05:25:45 AM
Reply #12

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
The united game in 2005, best game I've been to for atmosphere, if ever there was a game where the fans were a 12th man that was it, I remember at the start of that season I was really scared we were gonna be relegated, but to see us within touching distance of the top four and to beat united the way we did was amazing .  Great to see big dunc score the winner, the emergence of tim Cahill and to see one of our most underrated players of the decade, Steve Watson mark Cristiano Ronaldo out of the game
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 01, 2011, 06:42:11 AM
Reply #13

Danny

Probably that one time when an Everton striker scored a goal  ;)

January 01, 2011, 08:36:44 AM
Reply #14

charlatan

Walter Smith getting sacked
Big Dunc v United 05
The Semi 09
Gosling v the shite
This season's derby v the shite
Carsley v the shite
Aj's 3-0 v the shite

Pathetic really for 10 years