November 25, 2017, 05:37:19 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Burnley  (Read 11462 times)

April 12, 2017, 02:29:44 AM
Reply #15

Evertonian in NC

Robles is still trying out for long-term #2.  I suspect he stays in.  I don't think Pennington showed enough to remain in the XI with Williams back.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 12, 2017, 02:31:22 AM
Reply #16

Shogun

Administrator
Should be a comfortable win...
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 12, 2017, 02:48:44 AM
Reply #17

Paddockoldie

Thought it was May to be honest.

You even got her name wrong??? Fuckin he'll lad. You're never going the game again mate.

April 12, 2017, 04:55:53 AM
Reply #18

Jamokachi

Burnley are pretty physical up front, so I'd bring Williams straight back in. Harsh on Pennington, but it's not a reflection of his recent performances.

April 12, 2017, 05:33:18 AM
Reply #19

Rhys

True, im just of the belief that Robles could be a top quality GK, still very young for a gk, and probably improved season on season despite coming in and out of the side

He is 27 in 2 months time, he isnt young anymore. You get keepers like Courtois who is 2 years younger than him, been a number 1 at a top team for 6 full seasons and played over 200 more games than him in his career. He's older than De Gea who has been a keeper at a top club for 8 seasons and has played over 300 more appearances in his career than Joel.

Courtois has played 300 games, De Gea 400. Joel is 2 years older than Courtois, a year older than De Gea and he has played less than 100 games in his whole career. He lets in too many goals that he should save and he is a long way below the standard we need if we want to try and compete with the top teams in the league.

I prefer Stekelenburg but I'd play Joel just because he has a longer future for us as backup so might as well give him more games.

April 12, 2017, 05:58:10 AM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He is 27 in 2 months time, he isnt young anymore. You get keepers like Courtois who is 2 years younger than him, been a number 1 at a top team for 6 full seasons and played over 200 more games than him in his career. He's older than De Gea who has been a keeper at a top club for 8 seasons and has played over 300 more appearances in his career than Joel.

Courtois has played 300 games, De Gea 400. Joel is 2 years older than Courtois, a year older than De Gea and he has played less than 100 games in his whole career. He lets in too many goals that he should save and he is a long way below the standard we need if we want to try and compete with the top teams in the league.

I prefer Stekelenburg but I'd play Joel just because he has a longer future for us as backup so might as well give him more games.

My goalie knowledge is bang average but isn't it a bit sly to compare him to the two mega keepers of the last 5 years?

What age do keepers who aren't prodigies start holding their own as a #1?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 12, 2017, 06:45:28 AM
Reply #21

Gash

Global Moderator
My goalie knowledge is bang average but isn't it a bit sly to compare him to the two mega keepers of the last 5 years?

To be fair people who rate him keep referring back to his days at Atletico and comparing him to De Gea and Courtois as well. It starts on the linked thread but there's plenty other times people have used him at Atletico as an example.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=74348.30

April 12, 2017, 07:25:33 AM
Reply #22

Jamokachi

But we have to compare him to those, because we want to achieve the level that those keepers play at.

April 12, 2017, 01:14:09 PM
Reply #23

Lxxx

I don't think it was necessarily a direct comparison against those two. More to highlight they are at a similar age and have played three to four times as many games, so he isn't a baby still in goalkeeping terms and should be more capable than he is.

April 12, 2017, 01:36:23 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
But we have to compare him to those, because we want to achieve the level that those keepers play at.

They are unachievable and I don't think it's fair to say 'well these two have played 100 more games at a top level' because they're both worlds apart from him. What about other Europa level keepers? What about the average?

Set achievable goals and understand what lane we're in.

I don't think he is our number 1 personally, but we're not getting a courtois unless walshy's got one up his sleeve.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 12, 2017, 01:44:48 PM
Reply #25

Paddockoldie

I think we'll have too much for these especially now we're back to winning ways. Keane will be trying his best to impress so he'll give Rom a game but think he'll get another 2 at least. Williams back in as already mentioned... as for Robles? I'd stick with him.... for now.

April 12, 2017, 01:47:21 PM
Reply #26

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
1-0 all day this
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 12, 2017, 01:49:37 PM
Reply #27

TSGun

Should be a comfortable win...
...but...?

April 12, 2017, 02:09:17 PM
Reply #28

Toddacelli

6-0

Keane destroyed

Massive thread on here after the game about how we shouldn't him because he had 1 terrible game.

Another massive thread on here when we do sign him.

Loads of 'I told you so's from both threads around Christmas time when we're 2nd and have the best defensive record in Europe.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

April 12, 2017, 02:15:44 PM
Reply #29

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
...but...?

Burnley have yet to win a game away from home this season.

Just saying

:)