October 19, 2019, 06:32:33 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Burnley  (Read 29993 times)

April 12, 2017, 01:14:09 PM
Read 29993 times

Lxxx

I don't think it was necessarily a direct comparison against those two. More to highlight they are at a similar age and have played three to four times as many games, so he isn't a baby still in goalkeeping terms and should be more capable than he is.

April 12, 2017, 02:47:21 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Can't win here can we?

We smash them and Keane isn't good enough for us anyway. We don't smash them and it's coz Rom can't be arsed anymore and Barkley's head is elsewhere.

Comfortable 2-0 win then. Penalty and set piece and Keane has Rom in his pocket all game might work?

April 12, 2017, 03:13:46 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Already a done deal according to pretty much the only reputable ITK left.

We'll beat these comfortably because that's what we do at home now.

There are no reputable ITK's. Only varying degrees of luck and bullshit.

April 12, 2017, 03:23:56 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

Him and another poster on there seem pretty clued up

As you say,you can't get em all right all the time tho

Interestingly the other lad says man city have been tapping up Barkley 😕

Rodwell Mark II if that happens.

April 12, 2017, 04:09:37 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Will be good to get a look at Keane up against Lukaku.

He'll know this is an audition of sorts too. I'd expect him to be well up for it and for them to keep it tight.

April 12, 2017, 04:16:44 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

Depends. 

If they're both up for it and competing well, it will be great. If Keane does too well though, there'll be a lot of 'one of Rom's quiet days' days shouts and if Rom does have a quiet day there'll be a lot of 'wasn't really tested' shouts.

We're a well balanced bunch aren't we? Guaranteed to find the negative in every scenario.

April 12, 2017, 06:25:39 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

I must admit my knowledge of goalkeepers around is shite. I know Robles isn't good enough but I haven't a clue who we could go for instead. I'll leave that to the Football Manager boys.

April 12, 2017, 09:55:33 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

Burnley's defensive tactics are pretty interesting. This video shows some examples of how their defenders position themselves to make the target smaller for the attacker. It helps explain why Heaton makes so many saves (he has less area to cover on the shots that get through) and why the defenders block so many shots (when attackers still aim for the corners).

Here's the full article I pulled that from (for those interested).

http://statsbomb.com/2017/02/burnley-doing-it-differently/

Burnley appear fortunate when you look at simple shots for/against but when you really break it down, they're making a deliberate choice to concede a high number of lower-quality chances. It might not be the prettiest football but I have a ton of respect for what Dyche has accomplished. Burnley's wage budget is comfortably the worst in the division but they've managed to stay on the fringes of the relegation battle all season long. Clubs like Stoke and West Ham must look at the table and think "how the fuck are we behind them on goal difference?"

So should we sign Sean Dyche then?

April 14, 2017, 11:36:55 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

It must eat away at the Redshite mouth breathers to see how tidily we put away the mid-table rabble at home...

Not if they finish in the top 4 and we're down in 7th. I doubt they'd give a shit.

April 15, 2017, 08:23:45 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

Is the game on NBC or any of the other decent channels today?

April 15, 2017, 10:54:27 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

A Southampton win tonight might get a few asses twitching. 

April 15, 2017, 11:19:13 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

Most home goals in 2017 in all top European leagues. More than Bayern, Barca, Monaco, Real etc....

April 15, 2017, 11:45:30 PM
Reply #12

Lxxx

Even Spurs?

They score for fun too.

29 to Spurs' 26.