August 19, 2019, 03:33:51 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Burnley  (Read 27225 times)

April 12, 2017, 05:58:10 AM
Read 27225 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He is 27 in 2 months time, he isnt young anymore. You get keepers like Courtois who is 2 years younger than him, been a number 1 at a top team for 6 full seasons and played over 200 more games than him in his career. He's older than De Gea who has been a keeper at a top club for 8 seasons and has played over 300 more appearances in his career than Joel.

Courtois has played 300 games, De Gea 400. Joel is 2 years older than Courtois, a year older than De Gea and he has played less than 100 games in his whole career. He lets in too many goals that he should save and he is a long way below the standard we need if we want to try and compete with the top teams in the league.

I prefer Stekelenburg but I'd play Joel just because he has a longer future for us as backup so might as well give him more games.

My goalie knowledge is bang average but isn't it a bit sly to compare him to the two mega keepers of the last 5 years?

What age do keepers who aren't prodigies start holding their own as a #1?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 12, 2017, 01:36:23 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
But we have to compare him to those, because we want to achieve the level that those keepers play at.

They are unachievable and I don't think it's fair to say 'well these two have played 100 more games at a top level' because they're both worlds apart from him. What about other Europa level keepers? What about the average?

Set achievable goals and understand what lane we're in.

I don't think he is our number 1 personally, but we're not getting a courtois unless walshy's got one up his sleeve.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 12, 2017, 07:57:55 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah just want to be clear I'm not pushing for Robles to be our main man, hes a good shot stopper but his pants are getting pulled down a bit regularly for my liking.

I just wanted some comparison to actually comparable keepers rather than superstar prodigies, and @Rhys has provided that above so cool.

April 13, 2017, 02:33:38 AM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Go for Andre Gray

Anything Jamie Vardy can do........................... ........

I liked the look of him last year and if I remember correctly @TheRam rated him about 2 years ago, but he hasn't blown me over when I've watched him recently.