February 22, 2020, 01:20:59 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Burnley  (Read 33862 times)

April 15, 2017, 10:57:23 PM
Reply #450

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Big fan of Barkley's game under Koeman. He would be crazy not to sign a contract and we would be crazy not to give him a massive deal

April 15, 2017, 10:58:42 PM
Reply #451

fubarruk

A Southampton win tonight might get a few asses twitching.
United and Arsenal both have several games in hand on us, for the sake of your own sanity, give it up..

April 15, 2017, 11:00:47 PM
Reply #452

Alanvideo

I only caught the end of the comment but were they talking about us on Sky  and saying that's the most home goals we've scored in a Premier League season?
.............yes ,it was said through gritted teeth.
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 15, 2017, 11:02:09 PM
Reply #453

Bluedylan

We turn up and beat these teams at home now. That's just what we do. And we have different ways of doing it. Massive credit to Koeman for making home wins against weaker sides almost an inevitability. I think Top 4 is out of reach, but look how close we are. A couple of wins away, and that's with losing the late lead at Old Trafford and having a meltdown for a couple of months of the season.

Excellent management from Koeman and the rest of his staff to be this close to teams who have spent hundreds of millions in recent years.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 15, 2017, 11:02:39 PM
Reply #454

sam of the south

Great tactical change from Koeman at halftime. Probably the game defining moment today.

What was the change, mate? (Couldn't watch today)
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

April 15, 2017, 11:04:46 PM
Reply #455

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
I have to say, "until we started to out fight them, commentators just don't give us credit". Still! a basic game in terms of quality but we had to fight for the win. :)
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

April 15, 2017, 11:04:59 PM
Reply #456

TSGun

Totally made up for Barkley today. He must have been under immense pressure.

Two goal line clearances, scores, just really happy. Love this guy.

April 15, 2017, 11:05:25 PM
Reply #457

Ross

What was the change, mate? (Couldn't watch today)

Took Gana off for Valencia to help hold the ball up better and offer more width.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 15, 2017, 11:06:24 PM
Reply #458

Evertonian in NC

We turn up and beat these teams at home now. That's just what we do. And we have different ways of doing it. Massive credit to Koeman for making home wins against weaker sides almost an inevitability. I think Top 4 is out of reach, but look how close we are. A couple of wins away, and that's with losing the late lead at Old Trafford and having a meltdown for a couple of months of the season.

Excellent management from Koeman and the rest of his staff to be this close to teams who have spent hundreds of millions in recent years.

They mentioned exactly this on the NBC Extra Time broadcast, and how it makes such a dilemma for Lukaku.  You can see how close Everton are to being a club that matches his ambitions, he already knows he matches the coach, teammates, city, etc.  It's a big risk/leap of faith for him either way.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

April 15, 2017, 11:07:59 PM
Reply #459

School of Science

Sad Ross had the goal taken off him today, deserved a goal with that performance. Can't take the assist off him though.  :) Loved his celebration in t h e crowd, hope he signs that contract.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

April 15, 2017, 11:08:11 PM
Reply #460

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

We are talking a keeper and centre back from giving it a go and I think we will get far more in the summer. It all revolves around Ross and Rom staying though

April 15, 2017, 11:09:16 PM
Reply #461

eyesalwaysblue

I have to say, "until we started to out fight them, commentators just don't give us credit". Still! a basic game in terms of quality but we had to fight for the win. :)
   They just don't like us, we aren't one of the trendy ones in their eyes, it's why it's so sweet when we
upset one of the "darling" clubs for me
I still despise Clive Thomas..

April 15, 2017, 11:09:22 PM
Reply #462

Ridge

Bit of a howler from Robles, but by and large controlled the game and were out of sight and picked them apart later in the game.

Barkley goal was crucial in putting us on path to victory and while he won't technically get the goal, he deserved it.

April 15, 2017, 11:11:56 PM
Reply #463

pjk

NSNO Subscriber

He did it with Southampton after losing some fantastic players as well. He's a good manager. Maybe he's found the club to stretch his wings. Moshiri's not going to sell players from underneath him like southampton did. Basically, I think that's why he broke his contract.
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

April 15, 2017, 11:17:47 PM
Reply #464

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Wow we won, and I was there
Simply simply lovely