October 23, 2019, 02:59:10 AM

Author Topic: Banning The Sun from Goodison  (Read 10168 times)

April 15, 2017, 01:23:00 AM
Read 10168 times

BlueBeagle

took the shite 27 years to ban it as well

can they really complain if it takes us that long to copy them?

Fucking laughable isn't it.

Cabbies parked outside Goodison "protesting" over it and Joe Anderson spouting off how he's "ashamed to be an Evertonian".

If Liverpool and Everton had banned it from day dot then sound. For them to do it over a quarter of a century later and for people make out it's a huge deal that we haven't done the same is just farcical.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 01:42:30 AM by BlueBeagle »

April 15, 2017, 01:49:43 AM
Reply #1

BlueBeagle

The reason for the delay was explained here - basically the sport desk used to be independent of the news desk, and were very much on the club's side.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sn-liverpool-took-28-years-12587844

Seems a bit of a weak reason.

Different departments or not, they are still part of the same entity.

The News and Sport are still seperate, as they were back then, but they've now banned it totally. What's changed?

April 15, 2017, 03:35:31 AM
Reply #2

BlueBeagle

There's a bigger issue here. Are we going to let fuckin cabbies tell us what to do?

lolol lolol lolol

April 18, 2017, 04:45:13 PM
Reply #3

BlueBeagle

It's not censorship though is it? We're not stopping them from writing whatever they want, we're just saying "We find your actions unacceptable and no longer wish to be a part of your circus."

Which I, for one, think is perfectly fine.

If you want to talk about infringing people's rights - what about being forced against your will to work with an organisation that you morally disagree with?

Yeah but there's a whole campaign behind it all where groups are actively trying to prevent shops in the area from selling it. From that point of view it is censorship.

If a shop owner wants to stock it then he should be able to without risk of a witch hunt from certain groups.

At the end of the day it should be a persons choice. I wouldn't buy it, ever, but I don't like the idea of some little vigilante campaign effectively taking away my right to make that decision by putting indirect pressure on retailers not to sell it.

Ironic that the most vociferous of campaigners will still have a big fuck off Sky dish attached to their house even though Mr Murdoch was personally responsible for giving that Shit weasel MacKenzie a column in the Sun.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:48:26 PM by BlueBeagle »

April 18, 2017, 10:42:42 PM
Reply #4

BlueBeagle