August 26, 2019, 04:28:53 PM

Author Topic: Banning The Sun from Goodison  (Read 9830 times)

April 15, 2017, 07:08:37 PM
Read 9830 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Complete shit rag don't get me wrong but it isn't racism ffs

Re the bit about people from liverpool racism is probably just the easiest word to tag to it.

It is prejudicial though and should come under the same thing as any other form of abuse re a specific set of people.

It's never picked up in the chants etc as it's seen as banter etc.

But in Italy you can get parts of your ground shut for chants against whoever, but northern teams have had bans for singing things like southern teams' supporters are too poor to wash etc.

But in general here, not just in football, it is seen as fair game to say something derogatory to you.

April 15, 2017, 07:27:55 PM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Lots of RS comments saying stuff like 'better late than never'. Dickheads. I wish we didn't have to be associated with them in any ban, regardless of what's happened.

To be fair there are probably some of our fans moaning that it took so long.

But less than over 25 years gap though so I wouldn't worry unduly, we've clearly done nothing than be supportive over the years.

April 15, 2017, 07:35:27 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The club are certainly making out that it's the latest article that's the reason but it looks like Joe Anderson and Stan Collymore etc are determined to make this a Hillsborough thing. Especially Joe Anderson who sounds like he's claiming all the credit for it.

Well I suppose it suits us to point to the last article as it's specific to us and avoids why we haven't done it earlier.

The others are commentariat angling for the widest audience possible, whereas just picking on Barkley or us in general isn't that interesting.