August 22, 2019, 02:05:48 PM

Author Topic: Banning The Sun from Goodison  (Read 9779 times)

April 16, 2017, 09:18:51 PM
Reply #75

eyesalwaysblue

Mcenzie is a cunt if he wasn't he wouldn't be working for that lot, they would love to stand by
lies they have told before but had to crawl and snivel to find a way back but it didn't work,
For me it didn't work because everyone knew they didn't mean it especially here....
I still despise Clive Thomas..

April 18, 2017, 02:25:12 PM
Reply #76

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I mean, really ! Shock horror, policemen take a tea break and actually eat bits of dead pig in between two slices of bread ! And the Sun call this an "exclusive"  does anybody in this country actually buy this paper ? If so I can only imagine that they know what every single window on in their house tastes like.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3330297/eight-police-officers-pictured-relaxing-in-the-sun-with-tea-and-bacon-sarnies-for-45-minutes-while-on-shift/

April 18, 2017, 02:34:06 PM
Reply #77

Toddacelli

To be honest, if someone had asked me before this story came up, I'd have thought they were already banned from both clubs.

"Banned from Goodison you say?

Overdue."

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

April 18, 2017, 03:56:23 PM
Reply #78

Bally

Administrator
To be honest, if someone had asked me before this story came up, I'd have thought they were already banned from both clubs.

"Banned from Goodison you say?

Overdue."
And I thought exactly the same, I live in the fucking city.
It's the roll I way

April 18, 2017, 04:04:10 PM
Reply #79

Bluedylan

Not into banning things and censorship, personally. All feels a bit bandwagony this. I think it's much better to let idiots expose their idiocy than to ban them.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 18, 2017, 04:22:06 PM
Reply #80

Toddacelli

Not into banning things and censorship, personally. All feels a bit bandwagony this. I think it's much better to let idiots expose their idiocy than to ban them.

It's not censorship though is it? We're not stopping them from writing whatever they want, we're just saying "We find your actions unacceptable and no longer wish to be a part of your circus."

Which I, for one, think is perfectly fine.

If you want to talk about infringing people's rights - what about being forced against your will to work with an organisation that you morally disagree with?

April 18, 2017, 04:45:13 PM
Reply #81

BlueBeagle

It's not censorship though is it? We're not stopping them from writing whatever they want, we're just saying "We find your actions unacceptable and no longer wish to be a part of your circus."

If you want to talk about infringing people's rights - what about being forced against your will to work with an organisation that you morally disagree with?

Yeah but there's a whole campaign behind it all where groups are actively trying to prevent shops in the area from selling it. From that point of view it is censorship.

If a shop owner wants to stock it then he should be able to without risk of a witch hunt from certain groups.

At the end of the day it should be a persons choice. I wouldn't buy it, ever, but I don't like the idea of some little vigilante campaign effectively taking away my right to make that decision by putting indirect pressure on retailers not to sell it.

Ironic that the most vociferous of campaigners will still have a big fuck off Sky dish attached to their house even though Mr Murdoch was personally responsible for giving that Shit weasel MacKenzie a column in the Sun.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:48:26 PM by BlueBeagle »

April 18, 2017, 04:53:52 PM
Reply #82

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber

It is a bit bandwagony, but refusing to give them privileged access is definitely not the same as censorship.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

April 18, 2017, 05:17:25 PM
Reply #83

Bally

Administrator
It's the roll I way

April 18, 2017, 06:47:58 PM
Reply #84

Toddacelli

Trouble is... how long after drawing a line in the sand does it take for the winds of time to obscure that line?

I'm guessing for some people it's forever.

April 18, 2017, 07:01:02 PM
Reply #85

Bluedylan

This isn't censorship, as you say, but as I've said, I don't agree with bans of any kind (apart from maybe ultra exceptional circumstances). I haven't mentioned infringing people's rights.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 18, 2017, 07:16:53 PM
Reply #86

Thornton_19

Ive always wanted to see a heat map of Sun sales in the UK (before the total eclipse of the sun) thing to see how sales had been affected here and the surrounding areas. Suppose that is something they would never release like. I was always interested in seeing it.

April 18, 2017, 09:19:35 PM
Reply #87

bacon sarnie

I mean, really ! Shock horror, policemen take a tea break and actually eat bits of dead pig in between two slices of bread ! And the Sun call this an "exclusive"  does anybody in this country actually buy this paper ? If so I can only imagine that they know what every single window on in their house tastes like.

Nowt wrong with a bit of dead pig between two slices of bread on the odd occasion but reading that rag on a regular basis will fry whats left of ones brain cell.  Pox on all their houses.

April 18, 2017, 09:45:24 PM
Reply #88

BlueNoseMike

I prefer to think there's only one human race really but I know that's a bit simplistic.

The Aryan race?

Adolf

April 18, 2017, 10:42:42 PM
Reply #89

BlueBeagle