October 21, 2017, 09:15:11 PM

Author Topic: DCL is winning  (Read 11768 times)

September 24, 2017, 09:42:13 PM
Reply #210

gizzblue

DCL is proving quality and will only improve ....i did like the idea of Giroud but we need pace badly ....DCL has it in abundance but is a season off a full prem starter yet imho.

deCoubertin

September 24, 2017, 09:55:59 PM
Reply #211

SANA_DR0

DCL is proving quality and will only improve ....i did like the idea of Giroud but we need pace badly ....DCL has it in abundance but is a season off a full prem starter yet imho.

I agree we need a striker, but Giroud isnt the one.. If we play DCL im sure he will be valuable this season, alongside Niasse upfront, those 2 will cause issues for any defence.. we(Koeman) need(s) to stop being afraid of other teams and start with some attacking options, instead of going behind with no shots on target then bricking it and changing tactics, players and formation.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 25, 2017, 01:23:35 AM
Reply #212

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Giroud's lack of pace is a big no from me. We need more pace in our team not less
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 25, 2017, 07:57:28 AM
Reply #213

Jamokachi

lol i chat shit? when you want a slow immobile striker (Giroud) and are willing to pay over 40-50 million?

ironic much?

Apart from when you remember that 40m doesn't actually get you much these days. The way we are set up, we need a target man up front who can hold the ball up, bring others into play around him... you know, all those number 10s. We have the options that will run the channels and get in behind in Sandro and DCL. Welbeck is another of that ilk, not someone who will make it stick up front.

Giroud is a fucking class act, and I would love to see him in Royal Blue. That has nothing to do with Koeman putting the blinkers on the fans in terms of his targets, it comes from actually watching football.

September 29, 2017, 07:26:46 AM
Reply #214

kramer0

It was a silly decision not to start him tonight. Say what you will about the missed header but I still think that his general terrorizing of defenders offsets the big chances he sometimes fails to convert. We hardly even create those sort of opportunities when he's on the bench. Yes, he had the advantage of playing against tired defenders tonight, but we saw him give Ake/Francis/Cook trouble for 90 minutes this weekend so it's not like he can't do the job from the start.

We're a better team with him on the pitch. He should be starting every game at centre forward (unless he really needs the rest).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:29:28 AM by kramer0 »

September 29, 2017, 07:59:31 AM
Reply #215

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Giroud's lack of pace is a big no from me. We need more pace in our team not less

Thing is, he can finish. At present, DCL cannot.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

September 29, 2017, 08:16:29 AM
Reply #216

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If we had Bolasie back and maybe played some of the more energetic players, Giroud's lack of pace wouldn't be such an issue. He can certainly finish better than DCL at this point, no question.

I'm trying very hard not to be anti-Rooney as he's done alright but I just don't think he's helping the team in the way we need. If we had Giroud, I'd play him ahead of Rooney nine times out of ten with Sigurdsson behind and some more mobile players either side.

September 29, 2017, 08:33:24 AM
Reply #217

Ramjam

DCL doesn't have any problems scoring for England so why is he struggling with us
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 29, 2017, 09:58:59 AM
Reply #218

Jamokachi

DCL doesn't have any problems scoring for England so why is he struggling with us

what?

September 29, 2017, 10:35:49 AM
Reply #219

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
The reason DCL is effective is because he is fast enough to get to aerial balls and terrorize defenders. A slower player wouldn't be able to get there. He is the only one with any pace in our team. He did everything right with the header today but it was a really good save.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 29, 2017, 02:40:09 PM
Reply #220

GrantyBoy78

People fuming when either DCL or Niasse arenít playing...what an embarrassment of riches for Koeman! Fuck me.

September 29, 2017, 03:38:31 PM
Reply #221

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The reason DCL is effective is because he is fast enough to get to aerial balls and terrorize defenders. A slower player wouldn't be able to get there. He is the only one with any pace in our team. He did everything right with the header today but it was a really good save.

From where I was sitting it looked like he headed it straight into the middle of the goal directly at the keeper?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2017, 04:05:37 PM
Reply #222

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
From where I was sitting it looked like he headed it straight into the middle of the goal directly at the keeper?
He did
He simply had to score

Simply simply lovely

September 29, 2017, 05:08:38 PM
Reply #223

Lxxx

Let's not crucify a young lad just because he misplaced a header. The fact we're even leaning so heavily on the kid speaks volumes in itself.

September 29, 2017, 05:18:47 PM
Reply #224

Major Clanger

It was a poor header but it can happen to anyone.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel