December 17, 2018, 10:49:36 PM

Author Topic: Mason Holgate  (Read 13173 times)

April 24, 2017, 06:34:08 PM
Read 13173 times

MmmblueBernard

Now he's had a run in the side due to unfortunate circumstances with Coleman I just wondered what everyone through of his recent performances.

He was one of the only players to come out with any credit on Saturday following an abject team performance at West ham.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

April 24, 2017, 06:38:05 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

Far from the finished article but loads to love about him. Very positive player and I can't really pick any fault with what I've seen so far.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

April 24, 2017, 06:38:40 PM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

Yeah he's really promising. Lots of areas to improve, offensively mainly. His passing was atrocious at the weekend for example, and his crossing needs work. But overall a really bright first season in the team, used in a variety of roles as well.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 24, 2017, 06:40:21 PM
Reply #3

Lincs Toffee

I love his attitude, he doesn't mind squaring up to opponents and getting in the faces when they've fucked him off, all in all I think a great signing and will just get better.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

April 24, 2017, 06:51:49 PM
Reply #4

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Very confident which is a great thing. I like him alot. Much to improve like BD says but he will.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos l Everton!

April 24, 2017, 06:55:01 PM
Reply #5

Toddacelli

Yeah he seems to have some of Coleman's fire about him - obviously learning from the best  :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

April 24, 2017, 06:55:53 PM
Reply #6

Shogun

Administrator
He's a bit special.

Although you wouldn't think he looks out of place at RB, I think he's a CB.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 24, 2017, 07:17:21 PM
Reply #7

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Not a RB, but an excellent back up for that position, I think he could be CB star of the future, better than John Stones in fact.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

April 24, 2017, 07:20:57 PM
Reply #8

Macca77

I thought he was poor on Saturday, passing was awful

That said, I think he's got it all and will only get better and better

April 24, 2017, 09:23:32 PM
Reply #9

KoemansNumberTens

Not a right back for me either. He's game in terms of getting up and down but lacks quality in attack.

April 24, 2017, 09:29:16 PM
Reply #10

blue1948

Not a right back for me either. He's game in terms of getting up and down but lacks quality in attack.
Whilst I agree with all you have said ,don't forget Seamus went out on loan .He wasn't the finished article first season

April 24, 2017, 09:31:30 PM
Reply #11

sam of the south

I really like him; good technique, pacey, reads the game well.

I hope he develops into an attacking Right Back, because I don't think he has the physicality to be a top Centre-Back in the Premier League.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 24, 2017, 09:31:36 PM
Reply #12

BlueNoseMike

He's a bit special.

Although you wouldn't think he looks out of place at RB, I think he's a CB.

He's a Tony Pullis kind of full back isn't he :D

Once he fills out he has the potential to be a strong CB. Hope he gets opportunities next year despite the obvious need for reinforcement in that position. Luckily I think he will as the back 3 will be used sparingly and we will have europe

April 24, 2017, 09:50:43 PM
Reply #13

formerKHL

Holgate is a right back first and foremost...he filled in at Centre half a couple of times when called on at Barnsley...

he came into the team basically as Stones replacement a RB when stones came to us..

The comparisons with stones were inevitable because of their backgrounds..
Mason has the capabilities to become a very good player....very calm and collected lad..doesn't fluster easily and tends to play his own game..nothing outstanding and nothing stupid..very dependable and competent at what he does..

It appears some posters are comparing him against seamus....there's no real comparison there apart from the position. 2 different players and personalities on the pitch...

April 24, 2017, 09:53:59 PM
Reply #14

Major Clanger

It appears some posters are comparing him against seamus....there's no real comparison there apart from the position. 2 different players and personalities on the pitch...

I think the comparison was specifically about the tendency to confront his opponent (but thankfully without the usual footballer antics) when he feels he was wronged, which they indeed do share.

But in all but temperament they are different.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:55:37 PM by Major Clanger »
I didn't even remember I had a signature.