June 22, 2018, 12:50:22 PM

Author Topic: Mason Holgate  (Read 10561 times)

April 26, 2017, 01:51:33 AM
Reply #60

MmmBlueRamirez

Lionel Messi.

Not built like a striker.

No further questions your honour.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

April 26, 2017, 01:56:53 AM
Reply #61

sam of the south

I'm sure in the past we've had this debate about how tall he actually is.

He is taller than Williams and Jags, slightly taller or same as Mori and slightly smaller or the same as Stones.
His height isn't an issue for a CB.

Oh, is he?

He really doesn't look it.

I stand corrected.

He really needs some more muscle, though.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 26, 2017, 02:01:00 AM
Reply #62

sam of the south

Lionel Messi.

He's taller than Romario, and he wasn't bad.

An inch shorter than Pele, and he was quite effective too.

April 26, 2017, 02:03:28 AM
Reply #63

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

An inch shorter than Pele, and he was quite effective too.
Was that pre or post the erectile disfunction?
Simply simply lovely

April 26, 2017, 02:03:31 AM
Reply #64

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Lionel Messi.

That's why he doesn't play striker.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 26, 2017, 02:12:58 AM
Reply #65

sam of the south

Was that pre or post the erectile disfunction?

Those adverts were so bizarre 😂

April 26, 2017, 02:24:39 AM
Reply #66

Major Clanger

Strength, timing and jumping are more important for CBs than pure height.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

April 26, 2017, 02:28:48 AM
Reply #67

Evertonian in NC

He's got great intelligence, instincts, and at least good feet.  I have to think that package will work at CB, RB, or a combination of both...can't imagine he won't be able to stick at either.  He's just too good a football player, even if he's difficult to categorize.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 26, 2017, 02:36:03 AM
Reply #68

sam of the south

Strength, timing and jumping are more important for CBs than pure height.

Yes, this is true.

I haven't noticed his leap, though.

He's definitely tenacious and has aggression, so that will help him in the strength stakes, and his timing in the tackle is very good from what I've seen.

April 26, 2017, 03:56:01 AM
Reply #69

KevtheRat

Kevin Ratcliffe less than 6ft, Dave Watson 6ft, Phil Jagielka 6ft. Height isn't massively important

Cannavaro says hello

April 26, 2017, 05:34:15 AM
Reply #70

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Ye I don't think height is massively important for a CB, there's obviously a limit, someone Aaron Lennons size probably wouldn't be a decent CB.

Puyol was 5ft 10 and just look at how many games he's played at top level and how many acoloades he's won.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

April 26, 2017, 06:00:16 AM
Reply #71

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He's obviously a talented lad and I really like him.

I think he'll be a good centre half. I'd like to see some accurate balls into deep positions, Baines style. Break some lines.

Stones had that in his locker as well and although he wasn't able to get past people down the outside, he could still do that when needed.

At the moment, when it goes out to holgate the attack stops because the only option he has is short back into midfield.

That said, he's not disgraced himself by a long shot, he's looked good on the ball and defended fairly well down the right hand side.

I'm excited about him as a prospect.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 26, 2017, 10:40:55 AM
Reply #72

blue1948

I cannot understand this dissection of a young lad with just a few games under his belt .Fuck me Coleman was out on loan at Blackpool for a year .Every full back doesn't have to be the same ! If Ronald plays him you can be sure he is the best option and he is on the team sheet every week so give your arses a chance

April 26, 2017, 12:38:23 PM
Reply #73

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I cannot understand this dissection of a young lad with just a few games under his belt .Fuck me Coleman was out on loan at Blackpool for a year .Every full back doesn't have to be the same ! If Ronald plays him you can be sure he is the best option and he is on the team sheet every week so give your arses a chance

Wow.

Haven't seen one person say he's played shite so I don't know what this rant is about

April 26, 2017, 01:47:51 PM
Reply #74

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Mason Height-gate!

I'd say he's about 6 foot 2

Incidentally I think he's done very well this season. I think he's best suited as the right sided centre back in a back 3. Which under Koeman he should have a fair few opportunities to play this position
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!