November 23, 2017, 10:01:49 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 10270 times)

April 28, 2017, 02:24:39 PM
Reply #15

Macca77

And so it begins...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/romelu-lukaku-chelsea-ian-wright-10311198

And another

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10852562/could-evertons-romelu-lukaku-replace-chelseas-diego-costa

April 28, 2017, 03:16:42 PM
Reply #16

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Really hope we don't line up with 3 at the back.

April 28, 2017, 04:56:44 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

Really hope we don't line up with 3 at the back.

Got murdered last time didn't we. Ron needs to be a bit more creative this time instead of his default position against the bigger teams. Or not as the case may be. Let's just line up as we did against City in our preferred formation and play our game.

April 28, 2017, 05:16:58 PM
Reply #18

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah looking back at that 5-0 drubbing, does seem insane to mirror your oppositions formation when they are used to playing it and you aren't and also they have vastly superior players in each position

Play to our strengths Ronnie Lid!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 28, 2017, 05:27:41 PM
Reply #19

Bluedylan

Fairly confident we'll win this. The lads and Koeman will be well up for it, and I think we might have a bit too much for them at home.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 28, 2017, 05:35:20 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

I wonder if beating these and maybe handing the title to Spurs might make Barkley's mind up about moving on to pastures new and trying his luck with the new champions? Or Lukaku having a stormer might make Chelsea's mind up about putting in a huge bid and make him agitate for his dream move?

Probably both. Or neither. It's Friday and I'm bored. Clearly. 

April 28, 2017, 05:47:41 PM
Reply #21

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Got murdered last time didn't we. Ron needs to be a bit more creative this time instead of his default position against the bigger teams. Or not as the case may be. Let's just line up as we did against City in our preferred formation and play our game.

Don't think we have the players for a back three right now.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

April 28, 2017, 05:52:28 PM
Reply #22

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Steklenberg
Holgate Williams Jagielka Baines
Schneiderlin
Davies Gueye
Valencia Barkley
Lukaku

2 2 draw

Simply simply lovely

April 28, 2017, 06:59:14 PM
Reply #23

bigmanbob

April 28, 2017, 07:35:13 PM
Reply #24

Ross

:eh:

What's wrong with that?

If he plays the full game that's 9 goals guaranteed or something..
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 28, 2017, 07:44:55 PM
Reply #25

Evertonian in NC

Steklenberg
Holgate Williams Jagielka Baines
Schneiderlin
Davies Gueye
Valencia Barkley
Lukaku

2 2 draw

yeah, I'm feeling bonkers draw too
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 28, 2017, 09:48:03 PM
Reply #26

Robioto

I think this will be a score draw, leaving it open for Spurs to exploit, if they actualy find the bottle for once against Arsenal.

Quite looking forward to the game, after the West Ham game I think Koeman will give the players a serious kick up the arse and we will hopefully put in a good performance.

April 29, 2017, 02:00:38 AM
Reply #27

bacon sarnie

Who knows with this team. Will he fluff another audition, will he score and jump in the crowd again, will he pull off some worldies in goal, will Ronald get it right again, will he get sent off, will he will he fuck?

2am Sunday. Same bat time same bat channel. Kerpow!

April 29, 2017, 03:23:41 PM
Reply #28

sam of the south

Sky's entire coverage in relation to us will be viewed through the prism of selling Rom and Ross. If they play well, they'll be ready to make a step up to a bigger club away from shitty little Everton, and if they don't play well, it'll be 'in their interest to move on' and we'll be holding them back and not developing them properly.

Bang on.

We are singing from the same, cynical hymn sheet.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 29, 2017, 03:41:42 PM
Reply #29

eyesalwaysblue

Bang on.

We are singing from the same, cynical hymn sheet.
You'd think Sky would prefer more teams competing for the top half of the table a more
competative league  would surely lead to more subscriptions to them, weird how they just adore the top few.
I still despise Clive Thomas..