November 24, 2017, 08:50:57 PM

Author Topic: Henry Onyekuru  (Read 14231 times)

June 28, 2017, 12:24:21 AM
Reply #120

sixymack

Two strikers with great potential, for less then 15 million.  Yes please.

deCoubertin

June 28, 2017, 12:27:33 AM
Reply #121

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
from the bit i watched of his highlight vid he looks abit shit, hopefully i will be proven wrong

The vid I saw seemed to feature him scoring about 20goals and totally skinning defenders with his pace. Looks a bit boss. Hopefully I am proven right  ;)
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 28, 2017, 12:48:30 AM
Reply #122

fubarruk

Surely if Walsh sees him as a 20m player he can get for less than half pay now comes in a season that's a deal that has to be made. By your argument we should stop buying players for the u23s as well
I'm not saying it's a bad deal, merely that it's surely not our priority at the moment.

This coupled with the lad from QPR, great for the future, does nothing for us next year.

I'm all for these deals, maybe more at the end of the window after the major business is done in an ideal world.

June 28, 2017, 12:50:10 AM
Reply #123

hannu

The vid I saw seemed to feature him scoring about 20goals and totally skinning defenders with his pace. Looks a bit boss. Hopefully I am proven right  ;)

i only watched the first min or so, he managed to miss from about 12 yards, all right foot, maybe its a bad vid, i lost interest in it fast

will try it again
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:51:18 AM by hannu »

June 28, 2017, 12:51:18 AM
Reply #124

fubarruk

Its not deadline day. We have two months yet
Like I said, reserving judgement. Announce this in early September when our first team squad is as strong as we would like it to be, it's a win win.

June 28, 2017, 12:59:20 AM
Reply #125

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not saying it's a bad deal, merely that it's surely not our priority at the moment.

This coupled with the lad from QPR, great for the future, does nothing for us next year.

I'm all for these deals, maybe more at the end of the window after the major business is done in an ideal world.

You take the deals when theyre available.  Cant say 'Just hang on a couple of months whilst we do some other business...' as he'd be well signed for someone else by then.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

June 28, 2017, 01:03:19 AM
Reply #126

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I hope we're all a bit patient with what is going on because when we look at the signings overall it seems more and more obvious that the rebuilding isn't just about next season and the one after, this is a rebuild that will come to fruition in 3 or 4 seasons.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

June 28, 2017, 01:05:25 AM
Reply #127

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I hope we're all a bit patient with what is going on because when we look at the signings overall it seems more and more obvious that the rebuilding isn't just about next season and the one after, this is a rebuild that will come to fruition in 3 or 4 seasons.

Almost like we're planning for a major event in 4 or so years time....
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

June 28, 2017, 01:12:32 AM
Reply #128

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Almost like we're planning for a major event in 4 or so years time....
..... oh yes, of course, there's a new ground coming isn't there?  😆
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

June 28, 2017, 01:18:42 AM
Reply #129

Lxxx

Well he does have Henry on the back of his shirt.

June 28, 2017, 01:34:24 AM
Reply #130

Ridge

When it comes to signing the best players in the world, our position is that we are more likely to sign a world class player before they become world class. You've obviously got to identify and develop and get some luck on route. If he stars at Anderlecht, we would have been looking at a fee 5x more next summer and far more competition.

He was prolific last season for a unfavoured team and the best team in league are taking him on loan for next season. Can't recall too many times where that has happened. Anderlecht sold Tielemans for a decent amount so it's not like they are desperate to borrow someone.

Generally the best clubs don't really want loans, as it's developing a player you don't own, it's more of a stop gap or a bit of extra cover. But you'd imagine he will get game time, otherwise why are Anderlecht keen and why would we loan him to them.

June 28, 2017, 01:36:43 AM
Reply #131

Lxxx

When it comes to signing the best players in the world, our position is that we are more likely to sign a world class player before they become world class. You've obviously got to identify and develop and get some luck on route. If he stars at Anderlecht, we would have been looking at a fee 5x more next summer and far more competition.

He was prolific last season for a unfavoured team and the best team in league are taking him on loan for next season. Can't recall too many times where that has happened. Anderlecht sold Tielemans for a decent amount so it's not like they are desperate to borrow someone.

Generally the best clubs don't really want loans, as it's developing a player you don't own, it's more of a stop gap or a bit of extra cover. But you'd imagine he will get game time, otherwise why are Anderlecht keen and why would we loan him to them.

It'll tell us a lot more about his character as well to go from a relative unknown in an unfancied team to the best team in the league with more expectation.

June 28, 2017, 01:42:45 AM
Reply #132

fubarruk

You take the deals when theyre available.  Cant say 'Just hang on a couple of months whilst we do some other business...' as he'd be well signed for someone else by then.
I get that and you're right of course, I'm still reserving judgement on us spending 8m on a player who may never be eligible to play for us, when we have effectively no strikers on the books to play next season (assuming Lukaku inevitably fucks off)

It's early days and I'm sure I'll be proved wrong, it's just not the signing I was hoping for next is all...

June 28, 2017, 01:46:27 AM
Reply #133

Lxxx

I get that and you're right of course, I'm still reserving judgement on us spending 8m on a player who may never be eligible to play for us, when we have effectively no strikers on the books to play next season (assuming Lukaku inevitably fucks off)

It's early days and I'm sure I'll be proved wrong, it's just not the signing I was hoping for next is all...

You do know the transfer window isn't even open yet don't you. You're talking as if it's transfer deadline day.

June 28, 2017, 01:51:46 AM
Reply #134

MmmBlueRamirez

Seriously, who cares if he's a bit shit now? It's not like he'll get the chance to be a bit shit for us for at least a year.

Onwards and upwards lids. Onwards and upwards.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama