November 21, 2017, 01:18:34 AM

Author Topic: Henry Onyekuru  (Read 13212 times)

June 28, 2017, 07:10:58 PM
Reply #180

sam of the south

Every time I see this thread, I think of a song by Enya.

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

deCoubertin

June 28, 2017, 07:20:43 PM
Reply #181

Ridge

I watched the full thing mate, you and i must differ in our opinion of quality, the defenders look shocking and he still cocked up half of the clips

I assumed as only other person who had a strong negative opinion, had the good grace to admit they had stopped watching after a minute. With dribblers, they often start the video with the 'not quite' clips.

He was averaging 1 in 1 in last dozen games. This goal was against team who finished 2nd in the league.

https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/867153638371848194

June 28, 2017, 07:25:46 PM
Reply #182

Sixx1402

I assumed as only other person who had a strong negative opinion, had the good grace to admit they had stopped watching after a minute. With dribblers, they often start the video with the 'not quite' clips.

He was averaging 1 in 1 in last dozen games. This goal was against team who finished 2nd in the league.

https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/867153638371848194

Aye that looks pretty decent, the defending is still suspect but his close control looks good there

As i said before i'm not saying he won't be good, was just going from some of the stuff off that other clip with the suspect finishes and end product i saw

Good idea that he's going to Anderlecht for a bit, hopefully will help him to mature as a player
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

June 28, 2017, 07:31:17 PM
Reply #183

Macca77

Looks like the lad has got better ball control than our current Belgium striker.

June 28, 2017, 07:34:27 PM
Reply #184

van der Meyde

He needs to have played 75% of Nigeria's matches over the last two years to be guaranteed a work permit, so I'd assume that's why it's not a year's loan.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 08:28:14 PM by van der Meyde »

June 28, 2017, 07:50:15 PM
Reply #185

Ridge

There have been more videos uploaded since thread was started, so here's another video, bit better quality, Norwegian house music.

June 28, 2017, 07:57:34 PM
Reply #186

Lxxx

Looks like the lad has got better ball control than our current Belgium striker.

:snigger:

June 28, 2017, 08:24:38 PM
Reply #188

Sixx1402

There have been more videos uploaded since thread was started, so here's another video, bit better quality, Norwegian house music.

Nice! Looks much better on that one, excellent close control  :thumbsup:
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

June 28, 2017, 08:54:42 PM
Reply #189

Ridge

He needs to have played 75% of their matches over the last two years to be guaranteed a work permit, so I'd assume that's why it's not a year's loan.

The 75% of matches is for national side, he has only played 1 friendly. If he got Belgium and EU citizenship, that traditionally removes the main difficulties with work permits, caps for country etc. Think it was 3 years for Belgium citizenship and he's been at Eupen for 2 years. Brexit and EU situation doesn't seem to have changed transfers that much as far, don't see why it would change next summer.

Could be proved wrong, but don't see any reason for it to be 2 year loan. Think it's probably stemmed from a resentful West Ham or Arsenal fan.

June 28, 2017, 09:21:59 PM
Reply #190

Lxxx

The 75% of matches is for national side, he has only played 1 friendly. If he got Belgium and EU citizenship, that traditionally removes the main difficulties with work permits, caps for country etc. Think it was 3 years for Belgium citizenship and he's been at Eupen for 2 years. Brexit and EU situation doesn't seem to have changed transfers that much as far, don't see why it would change next summer.

Could be proved wrong, but don't see any reason for it to be 2 year loan. Think it's probably stemmed from a resentful West Ham or Arsenal fan.

Another 25 goals next season and I'm sure he'll be pulling on the royal blue shirt the season after.

June 28, 2017, 09:36:32 PM
Reply #191

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

I very much doubt Brexit will have any significant impact on future transfers anyway. It'll be a little harder, but it's doubtful it will hold any major implications to transfers.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

June 28, 2017, 09:55:34 PM
Reply #192

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I very much doubt Brexit will have any significant impact on future transfers anyway. It'll be a little harder, but it's doubtful it will hold any major implications to transfers.

Depends entirely on immigration and free movement of workers.

It's a ballache to get a permit for non-EU citizens and when we leave the EU they're populace becomes the same as the rest of the world.
Unless our government back down and allow open EU borders (which, considering where a large chunk of the brexit vote came from would be hilarious)

June 28, 2017, 10:04:09 PM
Reply #193

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Depends entirely on immigration and free movement of workers.

It's a ballache to get a permit for non-EU citizens and when we leave the EU they're populace becomes the same as the rest of the world.
Unless our government back down and allow open EU borders (which, considering where a large chunk of the brexit vote came from would be hilarious)

We're talking about experts in their own field though, of which professional footballers are. It's not your average Joe who's a shop assistant who wants to move to another EU country, it's a top pro who's looking to make the move.

So for the average Joe, yep it would be a ballache. Not so much for a top pro player.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

June 28, 2017, 10:21:23 PM
Reply #194

Ridge

Another 25 goals next season and I'm sure he'll be pulling on the royal blue shirt the season after.

On special dispensation maybe, or with EU citizenship. He would be playing in PL this season if regulations weren't a problem.

People often tend to say this won't effect that, but invariably if the rules change, it will. At the moment any European citizen can come and play in UK,. We have some strong controls on African, Asian and South American players. This is often negated by moving a player via a European country with a more relaxed policy, or at least a more favourable policy towards the players nationality. But it still takes at least 3 years to become an EU citizen.

We could well end up with a deal that keeps freedom of movement with EU, a deal that has free movement of labour, or something else. But some of the key areas of Brexit in terms of immigration, would directly effect football.