November 19, 2017, 08:28:54 PM

Author Topic: Henry Onyekuru  (Read 13168 times)

June 28, 2017, 10:25:49 PM
Reply #195

Cereal Killer

We could well end up with a deal that keeps freedom of movement with EU, a deal that has free movement of labour, or something else. But some of the key areas of Brexit in terms of immigration, would directly effect football.

More than likely will impact the likes of Morecambe signing someone from the French 4th division rather than PL clubs

deCoubertin

June 28, 2017, 10:40:22 PM
Reply #196

van der Meyde

The 75% of matches is for national side, he has only played 1 friendly. If he got Belgium and EU citizenship, that traditionally removes the main difficulties with work permits, caps for country etc. Think it was 3 years for Belgium citizenship and he's been at Eupen for 2 years. Brexit and EU situation doesn't seem to have changed transfers that much as far, don't see why it would change next summer.

Could be proved wrong, but don't see any reason for it to be 2 year loan. Think it's probably stemmed from a resentful West Ham or Arsenal fan.
I edited it to say 75% for Nigeria. :)

Have to say I'm highly sceptical of being able to gain Belgian citizenship in just 3 years, when my wife and I looked at places she could easily settle and get EU citizenship it was generally at least 5 and I don't think Belgium was an exception. As @Lxxx says though, if he tears it up again then special dispensation might come into play.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:43:48 PM by van der Meyde »

June 28, 2017, 11:06:33 PM
Reply #197

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
We're talking about experts in their own field though, of which professional footballers are. It's not your average Joe who's a shop assistant who wants to move to another EU country, it's a top pro who's looking to make the move.

So for the average Joe, yep it would be a ballache. Not so much for a top pro player.

Well why aren't we able to get a work permit for this fella then?

Players in the Swedish league aren't going to be considered the best in their field are they?

If nothing else, the fact we have to apply for a permit for every non-uk player will add a layer of complexity we're not used to (giving more reason for the stress heads to assume it's gone tits up)

June 29, 2017, 01:50:03 AM
Reply #198

Rhys

I assumed as only other person who had a strong negative opinion, had the good grace to admit they had stopped watching after a minute. With dribblers, they often start the video with the 'not quite' clips.

He was averaging 1 in 1 in last dozen games. This goal was against team who finished 2nd in the league.

https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/867153638371848194

It was the shot on 56 seconds of the video in the original post that finished me off. Couldnt grasp why in a highlights video on youtube someone would put a shot in that goes about 30 yards wide!!

June 29, 2017, 02:03:15 AM
Reply #199

penguinofdoom1878

Has he actually signed yet, cant find anything on the official site or is it another Sandro

June 29, 2017, 02:07:08 AM
Reply #200

Thornton_19

Has he actually signed yet, cant find anything on the official site or is it another Sandro
He posted it himself on his instagram.

June 29, 2017, 02:18:52 AM
Reply #201

penguinofdoom1878

He posted it himself on his instagram.

ahh fair enough then, cheers

June 30, 2017, 10:22:21 PM
Reply #202

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

June 30, 2017, 10:32:02 PM
Reply #203

Cozzie

Good stuff. Just need Sandro announced next

June 30, 2017, 10:34:23 PM
Reply #204

GrantyBoy78

Boom! Wonder what the delay was? Thought we were going to have a July 1st announcement wank-fesk?

June 30, 2017, 11:35:08 PM
Reply #205

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Have to say I'm highly sceptical of being able to gain Belgian citizenship in just 3 years, when my wife and I looked at places she could easily settle and get EU citizenship it was generally at least 5 and I don't think Belgium was an exception. As @Lxxx says though, if he tears it up again then special dispensation might come into play.

In most countries, it's 5 years to gain citizenship, but if you marry a native of that country, you can apply after three years. That's in general, Australia, US, UK etc, it's probably the same in most countries.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

July 01, 2017, 01:08:42 AM
Reply #206

van der Meyde

In most countries, it's 5 years to gain citizenship, but if you marry a native of that country, you can apply after three years. That's in general, Australia, US, UK etc, it's probably the same in most countries.
Ahhh, interesting, didn't know that.

Sadly it's back to 5 years here in the UK for marriage.

July 01, 2017, 01:20:41 AM
Reply #207

Major Clanger

I seem to remember that Wenger used to have this dodgy plan of strip-mining Ivorian talent where he'd operate academies in Abidjan, bring the most promising youngsters over to Belgium (Beveren, specifically), park them there for 3 seasons to get them a European passport, and then take them to Arsenal or flog them, or just leave them to fend for themselves if they turned out to be not good enough.

Eboue was probably the only one who made it to Arsenal through this route and then they were rumbled, but it was definitely a viable plan at the time.

The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

July 01, 2017, 01:36:08 AM
Reply #208

Hesmenos

I seem to remember that Wenger used to have this dodgy plan of strip-mining Ivorian talent where he'd operate academies in Abidjan, bring the most promising youngsters over to Belgium (Beveren, specifically), park them there for 3 seasons to get them a European passport, and then take them to Arsenal or flog them, or just leave them to fend for themselves if they turned out to be not good enough.

Eboue was probably the only one who made it to Arsenal through this route and then they were rumbled, but it was definitely a viable plan at the time.

Are you talking about Mimosas? They produced some top players. I didn't know Wenger was involved but Arsenal bought Kolo Toure from them.

July 01, 2017, 01:46:47 AM
Reply #209

Major Clanger

Are you talking about Mimosas? They produced some top players. I didn't know Wenger was involved but Arsenal bought Kolo Toure from them.

Yeah, I've looked it up and it turns out I was. :)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel