November 20, 2017, 03:43:24 AM

Author Topic: Henry Onyekuru  (Read 13177 times)

May 01, 2017, 10:13:54 PM
Reply #15

Ridge

DCL and Lookman both have good technique, but they both get quite easily isolated and don't have a particularly big footprint on games. They are more quick and tidy but also predictable, they don't take many risks or create much that isn't on offer. They'll find a yard to get a shot or pass away, but they are popping out the box rather than tearing it apart.

Someone like Bolasie who wants the ball and commits defenders is frustrating, but it doesn't need to work as often to produce better results. Onyekuru has scored 14 in 30 games, and is currently joint top scorer in Belgium with 5, so output looks pretty decent on paper at least.

Has Thierry Henry as a role model and you can see a few similarities in style and play, obviously no where near the touch or final ball of Henry when he was good.

deCoubertin

May 02, 2017, 01:18:59 AM
Reply #16

blue1948

I watched the first minute ,all he needs is glasses

May 02, 2017, 01:22:27 AM
Reply #17

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Is there any reason why signings like this can't be for the future and for now? People are wanking themselves silly over Davies now and Holgate earlier in the season.

May 02, 2017, 01:23:48 AM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He looks terrible.

I'm all for him like, get him in. Loved Drenthe, loved deulofeu and even liked Atsu a bit. When it comes to largely unproductive yet pacey wingers I'm always happy to indulge curiosity.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 02, 2017, 01:26:14 AM
Reply #19

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He looks terrible.

I'm all for him like, get him in. Loved Drenthe, loved deulofeu and even liked Atsu a bit. When it comes to largely unproductive yet pacey wingers I'm always happy to indulge curiosity.

I am a big fan of largely unproductive wingers with fuck all pace. The last fan of Bilyaletdinov (which sounds like a Japanese anime film)me

May 02, 2017, 03:32:40 AM
Reply #20

MmmBlueRamirez

Ah Bily. The good old days when we scored screamers from midfield.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

May 02, 2017, 04:18:39 AM
Reply #21

Cozzie

Bily had a sweet left foot to be fair.

One of the slowest players I have ever seen though

May 02, 2017, 04:44:26 AM
Reply #22

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like we stock piling talent to loan out.

Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 02, 2017, 05:03:58 AM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I was such a big bilyaletdinov fan, speaks volumes on my ability to judge the usefulness of a player. Easily sold by cruyffs and 30 yarders, even if they're once every 2 years.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 02, 2017, 02:33:54 PM
Reply #24

Hawkandro

I'm waiting for the day one of these highlight videos uses footage of themselves playing as the guy in FIFA, without irony.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

May 10, 2017, 10:04:15 PM
Reply #25

Cozzie

May 11, 2017, 02:38:49 PM
Reply #26

Hawkandro

Would anyone else take a punt on Adama Traore? Looks like he has the same raw ability as Geri; speed, ability to take players on, but with stamina and fitness. May not turn out to be much, but could be worth a shot?
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

May 11, 2017, 02:51:45 PM
Reply #27

Bluedylan

Would anyone else take a punt on Adama Traore? Looks like he has the same raw ability as Geri; speed, ability to take players on, but with stamina and fitness. May not turn out to be much, but could be worth a shot?

Unfortunately he's the proverbial headless chicken. His decision making is worse than Donald Trump's.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 11, 2017, 03:11:09 PM
Reply #28

Lxxx

He looks like Usain Bolt would be if he ever got his chance to play football for a living. Absolutely no idea what to do with the football but will bulldoze his way to the byline numerous times a game.

May 11, 2017, 03:28:03 PM
Reply #29

ajax_andy

Apart from a bit of skill he looks absolutely woeful in that YouTube video 😂😂😂