November 24, 2017, 02:04:43 AM

Author Topic: Henry Onyekuru  (Read 14171 times)

May 11, 2017, 07:06:40 PM
Reply #30

blue1948

Is there any reason why signings like this can't be for the future and for now? People are wanking themselves silly over Davies now and Holgate earlier in the season.
Speak for yourself ,I am not silly

deCoubertin

May 11, 2017, 08:06:55 PM
Reply #31

Ridge

He's 19 has only played a year in top flight, in that time he's got the most assists and goals for his club and is 2nd highest scorer in Belgian league, 3 ahead of Belfodil. Onyekuru plays for a less fancied team, they got to first ever cup semi final as well as overachieving in league.

He's averaged 1 in 2 over short career and 1 in 1 in more recently, that sort of rate is not going to transfer to PL, but it's decent none the less. It's only the Belgian league, but there is some talent in Belgium as national team will attest and we wouldn't discount Tielemans or players at better clubs in Belgium.

I think there's plenty of work to be done with him, but I'd rather have a youngster who has so much in hand they are wasteful and yet still prolific, than a clinical striker who'll get a chance or two a game, much more potential. I think you'd probably try encourage the Theirry Henry development, given his admiration and Henry's progression from wasteful winger to unstoppable force. I'd expect if we did sign him, he's more development than first team, but he has the potential to beat people and be a game changer in short term and that gives him a chance to get a foot into first team and develop into something more, long term.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:08:28 PM by Ridge »

May 11, 2017, 08:37:18 PM
Reply #32

Ridge

With regard to Traore, I'd take him as a squad player, purely because of pace and potential to improve. He's still clearly playing a different game to most of his team mates, and hardly ever gets his head up, plays a good pass or demonstrates awareness.

But actually considering he's a Barca academy player who went to a sinking Villa team and looked lost. I thought he looked much improved this season for Boro, by comparison. He's still largely ineffective and wasteful, but he's still only 21 and while he is a fair bit of a kick and run merchant, he has decent control and touch and lots of strength for a speed merchant.

There's a hell of a lot of potential, if someone can workout how to make him effective to even a decent standard in some of basics.

May 16, 2017, 12:36:58 AM
Reply #33

Bluedylan

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/15/agent-confirms-everton-west-ham-target-onyekuru-is-in-talks-with-two-epl-teams/

The agent of hot in demand Nigerian forward Henry Onyekuru has confirmed that his client will most likely move to England in the summer, where Southampton, Everton and West Ham are heavily linked with a move for the forward.

Onyekuru has reportedly turned down a move to fellow Belgian side Anderlecht and Club Brugge, and with German side Borussia Monchengladbach pulling out of a potential deal for the summer, teams in England are now the front runners for his signature.

” No he won’t be joining a team in Belgium at least for now despite the strong interest from Club Brugge and Anderlecht. He is going to England, in few days time you will get to know the club he is heading to”, his intermediary told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” For now we are in talks with two teams and everything is progressing nicely. Hopefully we will conclude with one of them before the start of pre season. Don’t worry we will let the world know when a deal is done”.

Quite hopeful on this one, and I've convinced myself he's going to be some player based on no evidence whatsoever.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:38:00 AM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 16, 2017, 01:23:17 AM
Reply #34

D15TIN

With regard to Traore, I'd take him as a squad player, purely because of pace and potential to improve. He's still clearly playing a different game to most of his team mates, and hardly ever gets his head up, plays a good pass or demonstrates awareness.

But actually considering he's a Barca academy player who went to a sinking Villa team and looked lost. I thought he looked much improved this season for Boro, by comparison. He's still largely ineffective and wasteful, but he's still only 21 and while he is a fair bit of a kick and run merchant, he has decent control and touch and lots of strength for a speed merchant.

There's a hell of a lot of potential, if someone can workout how to make him effective to even a decent standard in some of basics.
Might aswell just keep Deulofeu than bring him in (id keep him anyway)

May 16, 2017, 01:50:35 AM
Reply #35

KoemansNumberTens

Might aswell just keep Deulofeu than bring him in (id keep him anyway)

Keep him for what purpose can't play koemans system doesn't look remotely interested in adapting to it. Koeman shipped him out. That deal almost fell through cos we tried to insist Milan commit to buying him. He's not wanted, not interested in koemans system and that's before we sign more players who are wanted and can play the system. He's an extremely talented boy and in truth a bit rubbish. Where's Adel Taarabt these days. He was both talented and shit too

June 27, 2017, 01:57:43 PM
Reply #36

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

June 27, 2017, 02:03:01 PM
Reply #37

Macca77

The new Lukaku

June 27, 2017, 02:13:39 PM
Reply #38

sam of the south

Strike-rate of 1 in 2, and Arsenal and Birmingham are also on his tail.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 27, 2017, 02:19:57 PM
Reply #39

MmmBlueRamirez

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 27, 2017, 02:27:04 PM
Reply #40

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Saw someone mention this yesterday but it was just a random twitter lid so thought nothing of it.

We were linked ages ago and it was widely accepted he was in the U.K. to talk to a number of clubs so thought we may have been in the hat.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 27, 2017, 03:05:47 PM
Reply #41

sam of the south

Saw someone mention this yesterday but it was just a random twitter lid so thought nothing of it.

We were linked ages ago and it was widely accepted he was in the U.K. to talk to a number of clubs so thought we may have been in the hat.

Make note of that Twitter dude, then, he might be ITK
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 27, 2017, 03:07:10 PM
Reply #42

KingdingalingNL

According to Belgian newspaper (Het Nieuwsblad) this is on! Agent is in the U.K. Now to sort out a deal with us and then loan to Anderlecht.

June 27, 2017, 03:16:23 PM
Reply #43

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sure if we do sign Onyekuru that none of our fans will have a problem spelling his name
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 27, 2017, 03:17:21 PM
Reply #44

Toffee1

I'm sure if we do sign Onyekuru that none of our fans will have a problem spelling his name

Pity Paul Merson when he has to say that he has scored for us.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:18:28 PM by Toffee1 »