December 11, 2018, 07:12:53 AM

Author Topic: Henry Onyekuru  (Read 39615 times)

June 27, 2017, 07:05:04 PM
Read 39615 times

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Still though Sandro and DCL as our strikers, and then we've got Henry ready to hoover up some goals?!keep him around!

But he would fail a work permit application.

Also, last time i checked, we are still in a transfer window and are allowed to carry on buying players.

June 27, 2017, 07:24:20 PM
Reply #1

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
It's a good way of developing the lad and testing him as well.

It's a big step up from KAS Eupen to us.
It's not quite the same step up as going from Eupen to Anderlecht.
It's not a massive step from Anderlecht to our bench.

If he is a success there we can be confident he has the talent to come here and the only thing required is the mindset. We can bring him in and dutifully await his al fella talking about how he will move on from us again in the future.

June 27, 2017, 07:47:15 PM
Reply #2

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

June 27, 2017, 08:08:42 PM
Reply #3

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
You'd assume we'd have more strikers coming in if we're loaning him out? May not be ready for the prem but surely he would be 3rd striker behind Lukaku and Sandro?

Or maybe we thought it would be better for his development to play regularly (and in Europe) rather than come and be our 3rd choice striker

June 27, 2017, 08:25:53 PM
Reply #4

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Won't do any harm for our chances of signing their talented youngsters like Dendoncker, by buying the most promising player in their league and giving them him for a year.

Do the Belgian clubs (and Anderlecht in particular) have 6-8m on players?
From the looks of things their record signing has been 7.5m. That was Stanciu last year and is the only time they have gone above 5.5m.

Could this be us getting them a star of their league they would not normally be able to afford for a season to sweeten the deal?

June 27, 2017, 09:59:37 PM
Reply #5

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I don't get where Hank comes from?

June 28, 2017, 12:06:20 AM
Reply #6

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
This makes for very satisfying reading -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-pull-incredible-double-swoop-10698103

Sandro:
Crucially, that deal does NOT contain any contract clauses which would allow him to leave for either of the Madrid clubs - or any where else - after a year for a reduced fee.

June 28, 2017, 09:55:34 PM
Reply #7

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I very much doubt Brexit will have any significant impact on future transfers anyway. It'll be a little harder, but it's doubtful it will hold any major implications to transfers.

Depends entirely on immigration and free movement of workers.

It's a ballache to get a permit for non-EU citizens and when we leave the EU they're populace becomes the same as the rest of the world.
Unless our government back down and allow open EU borders (which, considering where a large chunk of the brexit vote came from would be hilarious)

June 28, 2017, 11:06:33 PM
Reply #8

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
We're talking about experts in their own field though, of which professional footballers are. It's not your average Joe who's a shop assistant who wants to move to another EU country, it's a top pro who's looking to make the move.

So for the average Joe, yep it would be a ballache. Not so much for a top pro player.

Well why aren't we able to get a work permit for this fella then?

Players in the Swedish league aren't going to be considered the best in their field are they?

If nothing else, the fact we have to apply for a permit for every non-uk player will add a layer of complexity we're not used to (giving more reason for the stress heads to assume it's gone tits up)

October 10, 2017, 01:20:54 PM
Reply #9

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Everton is entertainment.

Whilst i have started laughing at Everton, it is because they now revel in the kind of bathos normally reserved for England.
It is daft how little things seem to have changed over the last decade or 3. Not even the nearly men anymore.

But, everton are far, far more than just entertainment. The definitely affect emotions.

October 10, 2017, 02:58:17 PM
Reply #10

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I actually think this is a case of chinese whispers. I think journos have put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

The reason why was because of a quirk of my twitter feed showing me 3 stories about him in the row.
The first two were about Nigeria wanting to poach him from England before he got a senior cap and the 3rd was about linking him away. it went:

1) Nigeria want to cap Lookman
2) Super Eagles want to poach Lookman
3) Crystal Palace looking to target Lookman in January

I properly think some moron has conflated super eagles (Nigeria) with eagles (Palace), ran the story and then every other outlet has gone with it.
A denial may or may not have come in from Palace to the newspapers, but now it is in their minds that he is looking to move/we're looking to move him on/clubs want him.

July 25, 2018, 04:36:59 PM
Reply #11

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Does anyone know the criteria that Onyekuru will need to tick off in order to obtain a work permit for next season?

Will playing for Galatasary in the Champions League be enough, or will he need to play a certain amount of times for Nigeria this year?

Basic requirements is percentage of international caps.

There is a caveat for "exceptional talent" though - so if he tore it up in the champs league we may have grounds for an appeal in that direction.

July 25, 2018, 07:28:50 PM
Reply #12

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
What was that, try and sign for a club that is seen as innocuous, and in no way, shape or form a vague threat to the advancement of LFC?

It's actually the opposite.

The very fact a club like Liverpool is trying to sign a kid and can say their scouting system has identified him would automatically put them into the 'exceptional talent' category to be reviewed to be honest.