November 21, 2017, 12:10:17 PM

Author Topic: Henry Onyekuru  (Read 13638 times)

GLewis, brap2 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 01, 2017, 05:20:47 AM
Reply #210

van der Meyde

I seem to remember that Wenger used to have this dodgy plan of strip-mining Ivorian talent where he'd operate academies in Abidjan, bring the most promising youngsters over to Belgium (Beveren, specifically), park them there for 3 seasons to get them a European passport, and then take them to Arsenal or flog them, or just leave them to fend for themselves if they turned out to be not good enough.

Eboue was probably the only one who made it to Arsenal through this route and then they were rumbled, but it was definitely a viable plan at the time.
I'm not doubting that it may once have been true, but from pre-referendum experiences of looking at places to live to quickly get my wife an EU passport I'm not sure it is now. :)

deCoubertin

July 01, 2017, 06:33:46 AM
Reply #211

Bluedylan

O'Keeffe said that there were around 50 clubs interested in him.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 09, 2017, 11:36:33 PM
Reply #212

Waltzer

See Henry is apparently on Merseyside as were hoping to recall him and sort his work permit, desperate time call for desperate measures

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/10/blogs/premier-league/onyekuru-heads-to-everton/

October 10, 2017, 12:51:33 AM
Reply #213

BlueForYou

Good news but could also signal Lookman's departure

Did he play in the game against Celtic?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 10, 2017, 01:18:12 AM
Reply #214

SANA_DR0

Good news but could also signal Lookman's departure

Did he play in the game against Celtic?

not good enough for us, but good enough for Arsene to want him.... thats the thing tho. Koeman may only be here another month, maybe a year, but he will be gone.. Star talent like Lookman doesnt come along often, yet we may end up losing Lookman due to Koemans amazing ability to judge players..  How can you trust a man who is blaming lack of players, when one of hte players he keeps playing is the fucking diabolical (Martina).  Also if he rates Martina so much, wtf is wrong with him in regards to Lookman. Destroying our players (Barkley/Mirallas/Kenny/Lookman) just so he can play his signings.

Also, bringing back Henry Onyekuru is a sign of desperation, there is no way he will get the work permit, thats why we let Anderlecht have him for a season.

Koeman is turning out to be a bigger joke than Martinez.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 10, 2017, 01:29:48 AM
Reply #215

Macca77

October 10, 2017, 02:24:23 AM
Reply #216

Cozzie

Be beyond devestated if we sold Lookman.

October 10, 2017, 02:29:53 AM
Reply #217

MmmBlueRamirez

Where's this Lookman nonsense coming from?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 10, 2017, 02:31:14 AM
Reply #218

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Where's this Lookman nonsense coming from?

The rags
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 10, 2017, 02:32:10 AM
Reply #219

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

not good enough for us, but good enough for Arsene to want him.... thats the thing tho. Koeman may only be here another month, maybe a year, but he will be gone.. Star talent like Lookman doesnt come along often, yet we may end up losing Lookman due to Koemans amazing ability to judge players..  How can you trust a man who is blaming lack of players, when one of hte players he keeps playing is the fucking diabolical (Martina).  Also if he rates Martina so much, wtf is wrong with him in regards to Lookman. Destroying our players (Barkley/Mirallas/Kenny/Lookman) just so he can play his signings.

Also, bringing back Henry Onyekuru is a sign of desperation, there is no way he will get the work permit, thats why we let Anderlecht have him for a season.

Koeman is turning out to be a bigger joke than Martinez.

You need to chill more - you'll end up making yourself ill

October 10, 2017, 02:38:55 AM
Reply #220

SANA_DR0

You need to chill more - you'll end up making yourself ill

I'm very chilled, when we do the NSNO meet, you will see how laid back i am, :)

but that doesnt take away from what i stated.. lol

Everton doesnt get me worked up, i use the language to describe the  what i mean,  I'm full of jokes.. lol

I get as worked up about Everton as i do watching my fave shows.. get worked up over music (political hiphop) alot more.. as that to me is serious while Everton is entertainment.. Everton have made me laugh a lot this season, which isnt good, but it is what it is.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 10, 2017, 02:40:53 AM
Reply #221

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I'm very chilled, when we do the NSNO meet, you will see how laid back i am, :)

but that doesnt take away from what i stated.. lol

Everton doesnt get me worked up, i use the language to describe the  what i mean,  I'm full of jokes.. lol

I get as worked up about Everton as i do watching my fave shows.. get worked up over music (political hiphop) alot more.. as that to me is serious while Everton is entertainment.. Everton have made me laugh a lot this season, which isnt good, but it is what it is.

You could have fooled me

October 10, 2017, 02:56:03 AM
Reply #222

SANA_DR0

You could have fooled me

I think i did,

i pointed out the ridiculousness of bringing back Henry, the stupidity of selling Lookman.

all of that is a joke. the only seriousness was Koeman being worse than Martinez.

check my post in the Moshiri thread, or check my sig, its all good laughs. even in the football tooday thread i made jokes on javaing and acestreaming.

but anyway, how can you get annoyed over something you aren't directly in control of? same as when Everton win. my friends celebrate more than me.. i just see it as entertainment.. 

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 10, 2017, 03:06:28 AM
Reply #223

Hawkandro

If we had a choice between losing Barkley and Lookman or Koeman, I know which ones I would choose.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 10, 2017, 01:20:54 PM
Reply #224

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Everton is entertainment.

Whilst i have started laughing at Everton, it is because they now revel in the kind of bathos normally reserved for England.
It is daft how little things seem to have changed over the last decade or 3. Not even the nearly men anymore.

But, everton are far, far more than just entertainment. The definitely affect emotions.