November 18, 2018, 07:23:50 AM

Author Topic: Mirallas  (Read 9372 times)

May 10, 2017, 04:39:37 AM
Read 9372 times

Ross

All these deals getting signed and sorted after saying "no new contracts till the summer" just confirms what a bollocks we've made of the Barkley situation.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 10, 2017, 04:47:19 AM
Reply #1

Ross

No it doesn't

Then how did we let one of England's best young players get to within 12 months of his contract running out without sorting a deal out or selling him at his optimum price?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 10, 2017, 05:03:40 AM
Reply #2

Ross

We don't know why he hasn't signed a deal. But it would have been silly to have sold him before now.

Well we've been repeatedly told by club employees this season that he's not been offered a new deal and won't be until the summer when they hope to resolve the situation.

Now given all the rest of the football clubs in the league would have had this business wrapped up well before entering the final 12 months of a contract, especially given his age, ability, potential and profile. But no they've left themselves exposed to losing a highly valuable asset on the cheap, so yeah, I'd say we've clearly made a bollocks of this. And I'm sure most would agree with me.

May 10, 2017, 05:10:20 AM
Reply #3

Ross

I'd hate for us to sell him like he doesn't matter as a blue. Too much money and politics from what I can see. I really hope he stays as one of us. :) Btw. "Is this the Barkley thread"? :)

No you're right it's not the Barkley thread.

Congratulations to Kevin Mirallas on signing a new long term contract at Everton at the age of 29(?). After years of talking about moving onto a Champions league club and then reality kicking in this must feel like a dream come true.

May 10, 2017, 05:12:24 AM
Reply #4

Ross

I say why have Ross and his agent waited for this season, knowing he was going to be going into his final year, to wait for a new one? Could have easily asked to discuss one last year, year before that too.

Maybe they did Stevie? But as PJ said this isn't the thread so let's congratulate Kev on his new deal.