September 16, 2019, 11:09:12 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Spurs  (Read 40009 times)

January 06, 2011, 04:29:06 AM
Reply #315

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
I'll be happy to see Johnny and Distin stay as the CB pairing if they put in good performances like tonight. Heitinga will only get better as he gets some match fitness back.

it was the backbone of the team that started picking up the points last season aswell

January 06, 2011, 04:30:54 AM
Reply #316

blueski

Beckfords no Messi but people need to see what he does off the ball.  He makes some clever runs which leaves space for other players and we look less static with him there.  Iv'e said before and i'll say again, when he plays we create chances (even if he's upfront on his own).  When he doesn't we dont look like creating anything. 
Agree. We desperately needed some pace and effort up front- even with some poor looking mistakes he's due credit if you ask me. The contribution on the 2nd was obvious although he got the weight on the pass wrong. The first goal he contributed on by making a run into the area forcing Dawson to cover him and creating a little more space than Saha would have had if he were playing upfront alone.
Nil Satis

January 06, 2011, 04:33:37 AM
Reply #317

Amata

Maybe with 2 up top we could utilise his pace aswell and finally get him scoring regularly.

Hopefully!!! However if he's not scoring but his play is helping others score and helping us pick up the points I wouldnt care less.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

January 06, 2011, 04:40:42 AM
Reply #318

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
We got seriously lucky with the VDV disallowed goal.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 06, 2011, 04:42:56 AM
Reply #319

Sprooly

u mean the crouch one? where he scored/

he was offside so it wasnt lucky

January 06, 2011, 04:43:11 AM
Reply #320

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber

It was Crouch

I think we got more lucky with the chance he missed in the 2nd half from 6 yards out when he put it straight at Howard

January 06, 2011, 05:00:35 AM
Reply #321

Gash

Global Moderator
u mean the crouch one? where he scored/

he was offside so it wasnt lucky

It was before that.

Pienaar "tapped" the ball back for someone else to take the free kick, VDV took it the ball was in play and lobbed Howard. Luckly the ref called it back. It was similar to Torres against Sunderland which was given.

We were lucky that Probert was having a shit night.

January 06, 2011, 05:01:06 AM
Reply #322

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Bally should pick our team every week

hahahaha. Brilliant
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 06, 2011, 05:02:29 AM
Reply #323

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Man of match Fellaini by the way

This. As good as Coleman was, Fellaini was fantastic.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 06, 2011, 05:09:17 AM
Reply #324

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
coleman, fellaini and peanuts all in with shouts for motm for me.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 06, 2011, 05:10:13 AM
Reply #325

AidyEFC9

I'm just glad we did well and was positive and got the result by playing 4-4-2, normally when he changes it and gives it ago we play shite and he reverts back to his old ways Moyesy of playing 4-5-1 straight away but we was good tonight.

Did anyone notice that for 70+ mins tonight when Heitinga was marking Crouch he didn't get no joy what so ever and Crouch won the lot and then after that when Spurs was going long we put Distin on him and he won fuck all after, that's who should of been on Crouch the whole game!. Maybe if Distin was then Crouch wouldn't of won the 1st header or it wouldn't of been Distin ball watching as van der Vaart came in behind to head in.

Apart from that we was solid and did get at Spurs alot, Coleman was great but he really does need to get his head up more when he gets in the positions he does, twice he got in and picked the wrong option and if he hadn't we could of been out of sight but well played to him for the goal!.

And im pleased for Saha for getting his goal and im glad we had 2 up front but Saha was still frustrating me a bit tonight when in position, why does he always usually run in to trouble instead of running into space or releasing the ball to team mates in better positions?. Beckfords movement and running was good to see and made alot of space for the likes of Saha and Coleman to run into but in the early parts of the game he was showing league one quality, his touch and awareness wasn't all that and his efforts on goal was snatched at but towards the end of his game his hold up and link up play improved but his movement and how he creates space for others is an asset and we do create from that and he does have a great knack of being in the right places and will get the odd goal cos of that.

Lets take it game by game now and hopefully we can kick on and start to really move up the table, we all did well tonight and deservedly beat a good Tottenham side and that should give us a much needed confidence boost ahead of this weekend and the up and coming derby!.

January 06, 2011, 05:12:38 AM
Reply #326

Fynci

Bally should pick our team every week

GOLD :D

Also, how nice to see so many people offering up MOTM nominations! Bit of a rarity!! Coleman for me.

January 06, 2011, 05:14:37 AM
Reply #327

nomorechang

RIP
Just got back , the atmosphere was first rate tonight ,it makes a hell of a difference , it helps when we get an early goal and a shit ref
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 06, 2011, 05:41:04 AM
Reply #328

Craig_1878

Love finishing work to good news. Had a feeling about tonight. Yessssss :)

We should really build on this, were more than good enough.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

January 06, 2011, 05:50:07 AM
Reply #329

bluestevie

fantastic result, i was bouncing round my room listening to it on city talk. just seen the highlights on motd, some of the play was awesome, sahas goal was a jem and the build up for sheamus' goal was brilliant. what was the vdv incident as they didnt show it on motd and i didnt hear it on the radio?
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson