May 28, 2018, 11:56:11 AM

Author Topic: Deulofeu  (Read 27863 times)

June 18, 2017, 11:34:29 PM
Reply #75

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'd keep him
He is a genuine threat and creates chances

Simply simply lovely

June 18, 2017, 11:58:01 PM
Reply #76

BlueForYou

Ah - but on what premise?

New contract or see out this one?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

June 18, 2017, 11:58:48 PM
Reply #77

KoemansNumberTens

I'd keep him
He is a genuine threat and creates chances

I'd keep Kone. Scores goals. Granted that's not true but apparently the truth doesn't matter.

June 19, 2017, 12:21:31 AM
Reply #78

Paddockoldie

He's a talented kid but not suitable for the English game in the end.

June 19, 2017, 12:47:39 AM
Reply #79

Ross

Have people actually forgotten the season before last, his first back here, when he had 12 assists in 30 games and about half a dozen goals?

Hardly the sort of figures of an impotent footballer some are trying to make him out to be.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 19, 2017, 12:57:48 AM
Reply #80

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
*Mori*

;)

Don't mind Besic at all given how cheap he was.

I've still got a bit of hope for besic for some reason.

I think he plays a bit like veratti, but a really shit version, and I love veratti so I think I'm just like hoping he kicks on 10x when injury free.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 19, 2017, 01:07:10 AM
Reply #81

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'd have liked to have seen Besic have 2 seasons not under Martinez.

The areas that he lacks (positional discipline, making sure you're involved or reigning it in a bit) are the worst bits for a player under Martinez as he just didn't seem to be that restrictive on them.

He might well just be too wild or, more likely, he's just had 3 vital learning years missed out (2 to RM, 1 to injury) and he'll never develop as a PL midfielder, but he wasn't a complete disaster of an idea.

June 19, 2017, 01:08:22 AM
Reply #82

Shogun

Administrator
There's just no point in selling Besic really.

He won't go for much money considering his injuries since he come to us and he's shown enough on the pitch and given his age that if he can stay fit then he'd be a much more valuable asset in the future.

Whereas someone like McCarthy cost us 13m, has become just as injury prone and would probably go for around the same amount as we bought him for if we sold him now. He's caused us problems with the international side and his price will only dwindle if the injury issues persist.

For me, we sell one of them. If they both continue with injury issues then it'll be McCarthy who costs us more in the long run.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 19, 2017, 01:10:11 AM
Reply #83

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'd keep Kone. Scores goals. Granted that's not true but apparently the truth doesn't matter.
So what's your actual point?

Simply simply lovely

June 19, 2017, 01:14:31 AM
Reply #84

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Have people actually forgotten the season before last, his first back here, when he had 12 assists in 30 games and about half a dozen goals?

Hardly the sort of figures of an impotent footballer some are trying to make him out to be.

His peak ability is very high so when he gets it right, he can be very good, even if it's just moments in games.

But obviously he's not producing them enough.

Plus he seems to have a pattern of managers picking him (I presume due to the ability) and then gradually not as the season goes on.

I'd like to seem him kept with us but as with all players at that age, he's unlikely to improve his consistency if he's only playing every now and again.

But I'd say his biggest problem, like Barkley in a way, is his unreliability.

Lukaku has similar faults to these two in terms of overall performance consistency but if you give him chances, he will score goals.

You can't say that about the other two, either for goals or for more equivalent situations in the game.

Managers like guarantees with players (that's why a lot of seemingly poor players, usually labelled as "favourites" get lots of games ahead of more talented ones) so I can see why Deulofeu slowly stops getting picked with each manager.

June 19, 2017, 01:23:01 AM
Reply #85

KoemansNumberTens

Useless ever since. How long does he get on the back of them numbers? His contract is in its last year now. Sign him up for another 5 because 2 years ago etc etc

June 19, 2017, 01:24:47 AM
Reply #86

KoemansNumberTens

So what's your actual point?

My point is he doesn't create chances. He went over a year without an assist for us. It's nonsense on a par with me suggesting we keep Kone because he scores goals.
If someone says he's got talent we should stick with him because I think he'll develop and become a player that's a debatable point. His numbers aren't debatable. They are shit.

June 19, 2017, 01:30:35 AM
Reply #87

Ross

His peak ability is very high so when he gets it right, he can be very good, even if it's just moments in games.

But obviously he's not producing them enough.

Plus he seems to have a pattern of managers picking him (I presume due to the ability) and then gradually not as the season goes on.

I'd like to seem him kept with us but as with all players at that age, he's unlikely to improve his consistency if he's only playing every now and again.

But I'd say his biggest problem, like Barkley in a way, is his unreliability.

Lukaku has similar faults to these two in terms of overall performance consistency but if you give him chances, he will score goals.

You can't say that about the other two, either for goals or for more equivalent situations in the game.

Managers like guarantees with players (that's why a lot of seemingly poor players, usually labelled as "favourites" get lots of games ahead of more talented ones) so I can see why Deulofeu slowly stops getting picked with each manager.

All still young players with time and ability on there side.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 19, 2017, 01:32:26 AM
Reply #88

blue slug

Besic has done far less thean Del but gets no where near the negativity

June 19, 2017, 01:32:39 AM
Reply #89

Ross

Useless ever since. How long does he get on the back of them numbers? His contract is in its last year now. Sign him up for another 5 because 2 years ago etc etc

Given regular game time in Italy his figures were once again pretty impressive.