November 14, 2018, 12:52:19 AM

Author Topic: Deulofeu  (Read 33646 times)

June 07, 2017, 02:19:42 PM
Read 33646 times

Juanito

I remember watching him in a match away to Arsenal. We were playing 4-3-3 and he went on one of his runs and tried to put a cross in but was a bit tired, so it went out. Then he stood there, hands on knees, blowing as the game carried on and Arsenal went down the other end, leaving Monreal the freedom of that side is the pitch. Martinez told him to stay up there and not bother coming back. He was the only player on the pitch doing that. Italy is slower paced and perhaps suits him more.

June 27, 2017, 01:51:09 PM
Reply #1

Juanito

I've got lads in their early 20's who play with me on a Saturday who hold down full time jobs, exercise of an evening and bomb up and down the wing for a full 90 minutes every weekend who are fitter than him. He's got all the talent but none of the desire.

Perhaps different fitness levels required for the two different leagues you are talking about?

June 27, 2017, 01:53:54 PM
Reply #2

Juanito

I think in a 4-3-3 with three hard working midfielders, he could still offer something as a forward, where Barkley or Mirallas play.  Less work than in our old 4-2-3-1 formation if he is further up top.

February 06, 2018, 07:36:00 PM
Reply #3

Juanito

Wasn't that Sunderland? Osman and Howard fucked up?

I was there then. Ruined my Boxing Day.