August 22, 2018, 02:11:37 PM

Author Topic: Deulofeu  (Read 30322 times)

June 07, 2017, 08:00:56 AM
Reply #15

Jamokachi

I reckon he'd be a great option to have in our Europa League games, and hopefully more.

June 07, 2017, 09:23:41 AM
Reply #16

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon he'd be a great option to have in our Europa League games, and hopefully more.
My thoughts exactly.

And with the challenge of getting decent players in he's probably one to keep for another season at least.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

June 07, 2017, 09:41:34 AM
Reply #17

cantoffee

Has to be a better option than most coming off the bench.

Don't see a reason to give up on him yet given that he's still quite young and has a lot of talent. Gonna have to work hard to win back Koeman's trust.

June 07, 2017, 01:34:23 PM
Reply #18

Macca77

He'll be like a new signing

June 07, 2017, 01:34:59 PM
Reply #19

KoemansNumberTens

Hate to break it to the lads but he is literally better than anyone we have outwide by a good way.

Based on absolutely nothing he does on a match day. Koeman knows it's nonsense. Deulofeu is last in the queue to play and rightly so

June 07, 2017, 01:43:00 PM
Reply #20

KoemansNumberTens

Good option off the bench is just nonsense/ that's how koeman was using him most of the time and most of the time he was hideous.
It's like me saying we should keep Kone cos he's a scorer of important goals. It's plainly not true

There's no way koeman wants him back here. A loan deal almost fell through because we wanted a commitment to buy. He's not found a manager yet who rates him and that's because despite all his talent he's largely shit.

June 07, 2017, 01:52:37 PM
Reply #21

Lxxx

The only way he'll end up back here is if we fuck up our summer recruitment and we don't have much better to call on.

June 07, 2017, 02:14:24 PM
Reply #22

TheTone

It will be a sad state of affairs if we end up playing Deulofeu next season

A sunshine player if there ever was one

A Lazar Markovic type who flatters to deceive and look where he ended up

June 07, 2017, 02:19:42 PM
Reply #23

Juanito

I remember watching him in a match away to Arsenal. We were playing 4-3-3 and he went on one of his runs and tried to put a cross in but was a bit tired, so it went out. Then he stood there, hands on knees, blowing as the game carried on and Arsenal went down the other end, leaving Monreal the freedom of that side is the pitch. Martinez told him to stay up there and not bother coming back. He was the only player on the pitch doing that. Italy is slower paced and perhaps suits him more.

June 07, 2017, 02:38:01 PM
Reply #24

Lxxx

I remember watching him in a match away to Arsenal. We were playing 4-3-3 and he went on one of his runs and tried to put a cross in but was a bit tired, so it went out. Then he stood there, hands on knees, blowing as the game carried on and Arsenal went down the other end, leaving Monreal the freedom of that side is the pitch. Martinez told him to stay up there and not bother coming back. He was the only player on the pitch doing that. Italy is slower paced and perhaps suits him more.

The stuff of nightmares that little story, on a number of levels.

June 07, 2017, 02:39:45 PM
Reply #25

Hawkandro

Would like to keep him, but not sure he is suited to the Premier League, especially working under RK. If we could get him motivated to follow his tactics, as well as improving his stamina and fitness, then we would have a key attacking player.

You get the feeling he will be playing abroad come August though.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

June 07, 2017, 02:40:20 PM
Reply #26

Hawkandro

The only way he'll end up back here is if we fuck up our summer recruitment and we don't have much better to call on.

I'll look forward to seeing him start come September.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

June 08, 2017, 12:30:38 AM
Reply #27

bornblue88

I reckon he'll start pre-season here and we'll wait to see if anyone offers any money before making a decision whether he can go out on loan again or not. I'm sure koeman would rather sell him as he's not really doing it at 23

June 08, 2017, 12:44:50 AM
Reply #28

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hope we get him.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

June 08, 2017, 12:53:44 AM
Reply #29

Simon Paul

Administrator
that story about Koeman telling Geri he was shit last summer was about right then