November 18, 2018, 07:32:21 AM

Author Topic: Deulofeu  (Read 33839 times)

June 08, 2017, 12:53:44 AM
Read 33839 times

Simon Paul

Administrator
that story about Koeman telling Geri he was shit last summer was about right then

June 08, 2017, 01:35:03 AM
Reply #1

Simon Paul

Administrator
What was that? Never heard it

Geri was being presented by the shareholders association with the young player of the year award. Koeman grabs it to look at it. "There's some impressive names on here. Not sure why they're giving it to you, you're shit" (not an exact quote but the general gist apparently)

Both then laughed and Koeman wandered off for a beer (I've made the beer bit up. He drinks whisky at finch farm)

June 21, 2017, 12:58:09 AM
Reply #2

Simon Paul

Administrator
Deulofeu was never the finished article people wanted him to be and needed to be handled better by both his Everton managers

think he found his place in Milan and hope he goes back there and smashes it, because he will never get a chance at Everton.

Leicester in the cup last season, he came on at half time when we were absolute garbage.  30 seconds into the second half some woman giving him a barrage of abuse when he hadn't even touched the ball.  "What the fuck have we brought you on for Geri, you're shit" she shouted, almost as if she didn't realise she was asking the wrong person about the substitution.

30 more seconds pass and he whips in the type of cross that two seasons ago Rom was nodding into the far corner for fun, but last season wasn't used to getting them so didn't anticipate it, but it scared Leicester's defence.  "That's why we've fucking brought him on you tit" screamed my wife.  She always makes me so proud at the match!

Given more time - both on the pitch and working on his fitness - Geri could have made it here and been something really special.

June 21, 2017, 02:20:09 AM
Reply #3

Simon Paul

Administrator
More time working on his fitness? He's not back from a long term injury or just a kid. If he's not fit enough to play professional football then he should be ashamed. There is no more time. He doesn't want to get fit, he doesn't want to do the defensive work and his decision making and so his output are poor.

two seasons of playing for a manager who doesn't want you to defend and - bizarrely for a physio - wasn't arsed about player fitness

with one season in between playing for a manager who didn't really like him

and then half a season with a manager who wasn't interested in you, before then going out on loan and finding a manager who liked you, so you play well and work on your fitness

I'm not saying he needs it now, I'm saying he needed it at Everton.  He became demotivated.  it's a shame.  he's boss.

June 21, 2017, 03:29:41 AM
Reply #4

Simon Paul

Administrator
He's fit enough to get an assist in the 65th minute with the U21's.

shit him though

I mean, who on here HASN'T provided an assist at Under 21 European Championship level?

June 21, 2017, 03:43:05 AM
Reply #5

Simon Paul

Administrator
Defintely should forget the year without a goal or an assist now he's contributed an assist to Spain's u21 team. Think koeman will be ringing him up asking him to stay now.

and should obviously forget about the year before that when he was part of the best strike partnership in Europe for a good while...

people acting like he's fluked his way into a career as a professional footballer when anyone even barely suggests there's a player in there

January 10, 2018, 12:34:41 AM
Reply #6

Simon Paul

Administrator
Del or Bolasie? Err.... No contest.

The barca move was a mad one.

Sigurdsson
Deulofeu Tosun  Bolasie

we have two sides....