November 14, 2018, 11:52:46 PM

Author Topic: Deulofeu  (Read 33687 times)

June 19, 2017, 05:36:38 PM
Read 33687 times

MmmblueBernard

Mixed feelings.

Sad that he's leaving because there's always an element of 'what if' with players of particular levels of footballing talent.

But then, looking at the bigger picture, if he's replaced by someone who can have a bigger net contribution then that's a good thing.

For me he leaves with some good memories. Those early crosses for Lukaku were sublime and ridiculous in equal measures.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 21, 2017, 03:55:24 AM
Reply #1

MmmblueBernard

Del needs a tony Hibbert behind him who does all his defensive work at the expense of any attacking prowess.

I just don't think this works as a tactic in the modern game (as it currently stands).

Looking at tonight's game for example, Spain were caught out a lot on the right hand side with Belerin high up the pitch and Del not in a covering position.

I love Del and think he has the x-factor lacking in the majority of footballers however his failings take too much away from a key attribute in the modern game which is the flying fullback.

June 21, 2017, 04:12:54 AM
Reply #2

MmmblueBernard

Del was mainly on the left 1st half. he switches and moves around all over the place.

Think you had the wrong glasses on doc.

January 30, 2018, 03:06:27 PM
Reply #3

MmmblueBernard

His belief in his own ability by far outweighs his actually ability.

File under Royston Drenthe.

January 30, 2018, 03:21:04 PM
Reply #4

MmmblueBernard

Our 45 million pound man has 2 assists this year.

Geri got 4x as many in 15/16.

Goals?

If youregonna compare then you need to do a broader set of stats rather than just pick the one that fits the agenda .
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 06:25:35 PM by MmmBlueRamirez »