December 14, 2017, 09:14:02 PM

Author Topic: Olivier Giroud  (Read 36553 times)

September 24, 2017, 07:37:58 PM
Reply #570

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Won't be any striker coming in Jan if results and performances don't improve. These funds may well go towards paying off Koeman and his backroom staff if this rubbish continues to be churned out.
Koeman will be half way through his contract. It will only cost 7.5 million (or 2.5 Holgates) to pay him off.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

deCoubertin

September 24, 2017, 07:39:21 PM
Reply #571

pedrotheblue

I hate this attitude. We need options. Signing a player doesn't automatically confine another to the bench or the reserves, it simply gives us more options. Something we're desperate for up front.

What we need is a proven experienced striker to get us goals and for the likes of DCL to learn from, King isn't that player. Get someone like Giroud if at all possible and someone to provide attacking threat, pace and width which we desperately need.

King's a decent player by not what we need right now.

September 24, 2017, 07:41:39 PM
Reply #572

Lxxx

Even if ~Koeman gets Giroud, Giroud will be isolated,  same as DCL be's iscolated when he's playing alone up front.

I guess Koeman thinks every player is like Lukaku, can hold onto the ball, out muscle 3 defenders and score.. or get his team mates involved..

so many times this season and last, our main striker was around 40 yards away from the rest of the team..

How is that even possible, let alone a tactic that Koeman thinks is usable?? sounds like a Martinez idea its so fucking absurd.

You make some valid points and whilst I think your shout that DCL over an proven experienced alternative is bonkers there is a valid argument that buying a static target man in this system, with these players around him, wouldn't improve the flow of our play much more than at present.

September 24, 2017, 07:43:06 PM
Reply #573

Jamokachi

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:34:32 PM by Jamokachi »

September 25, 2017, 01:11:33 AM
Reply #574

eyesalwaysblue

Koeman will be half way through his contract. It will only cost 7.5 million (or 2.5 Holgates) to pay him off.
2.5 Holgates sounds like a real currency term, could catch on that.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 25, 2017, 01:21:07 AM
Reply #575

Realist

£40m - Got to be better options than Giroud at that sort of price surely

September 25, 2017, 01:27:01 AM
Reply #576

arteta4spain

£40m - Got to be better options than Giroud at that sort of price surely
How about Bakambu from Villarreal? He seems a good option and might not cost an astronomical fee.
The articles from 2016 like but it's worth a read;
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/cedric-bakambu-villarreals-latest-goalscoring-great-whos-made-premier-league

September 25, 2017, 04:01:51 AM
Reply #577

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Some proper head on backwards opinions in this thread. Giroud walks into this team and takes it up a notch without breaking a sweat.

However, I'll be disappointed if we are ONLY looking at Giroud when we clearly need some pace in and around. Natural runners, carry the ball, get in behind, commit defenders and stick it on the mans head etc.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 25, 2017, 04:08:22 AM
Reply #578

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Giroud is the business.

I'm willing to call a hit on his missus to get this done.

September 25, 2017, 04:37:13 AM
Reply #579

Bluebridge

So how have we gone from £20m in the summer to £40m now? Has he lost a few years or banging goals in left, right and centre, He''ll be six months older and have six months less on his contract in January. I'd love hime here, but £20m is the max for me.

September 25, 2017, 04:51:50 AM
Reply #580

Ross

Can't see what the obsession is with some of our fans and this fella.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 25, 2017, 04:58:18 AM
Reply #581

KoemansNumberTens

Some proper head on backwards opinions in this thread. Giroud walks into this team and takes it up a notch without breaking a sweat.

However, I'll be disappointed if we are ONLY looking at Giroud when we clearly need some pace in and around. Natural runners, carry the ball, get in behind, commit defenders and stick it on the mans head etc.

40m for an unwanted 31 year old is ridiculous though. Also walking into a team without a senior striker isn't much of a test

September 25, 2017, 05:01:28 AM
Reply #582

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Very good player and would improve us, but even as a big fan 40 mil seems a bit much. As much as a target man would be useful, as mentioned if he’s rather static that doesn’t mix well with the pedestrian speed of our no.10s so we’d need pace another way.

September 25, 2017, 05:09:13 AM
Reply #583

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
40m for an unwanted 31 year old is ridiculous though. Also walking into a team without a senior striker isn't much of a test

What would you rather have, a proven CL striker on the pitch or £40m in Moshiri' bank account?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 25, 2017, 05:18:18 AM
Reply #584

Bally

Administrator
Can everyone please keep in mind that Giroud has absolutely no interest in coming to Everton
It's the roll I way