November 25, 2017, 03:43:32 PM

Author Topic: Klaassen Signs - Confirmed by club.  (Read 15044 times)

August 04, 2017, 04:11:11 PM
Reply #105

Lxxx

It'll take a bit of time for him and Rooney to work out how they dovetail but they're both clever players so when they do I can well imagine him being the one arriving late into the box to finish a move off. Something we've lacked since Cahill.

deCoubertin

August 04, 2017, 04:15:50 PM
Reply #106

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
When i was looking through this thread i saw your earlier comment and recognised that you haven't 'got' him yet.

Think of all the plaudits Kante & Gana get for doing all of their little, crucial bits in between our D and the centre circle.
Klaassen is the attacking equivilent inbetween the cenre circle and their D. The interceptions and pressing are the same for both roles. But where the defensive side are making tackles, Klaassen is looking to make a key pass. With a decent striker this lads assists will be quite high. The amount of times he 'sets up' an assister will be astronomical though. ALL of our play is going to be going through him.

While I was watching the game, I was thinking how these crucial, but relatively small contributions and often without flare, might make him a bit of a boo boy this season.

He's almost the opposite of Mirallas for me - focuses on keeping the play moving and involving others selflessly.

August 04, 2017, 04:20:28 PM
Reply #107

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
When i was looking through this thread i saw your earlier comment and recognised that you haven't 'got' him yet.

Think of all the plaudits Kante & Gana get for doing all of their little, crucial bits in between our D and the centre circle.
Klaassen is the attacking equivilent inbetween the cenre circle and their D. The interceptions and pressing are the same for both roles. But where the defensive side are making tackles, Klaassen is looking to make a key pass. With a decent striker this lads assists will be quite high. The amount of times he 'sets up' an assister will be astronomical though. ALL of our play is going to be going through him.

Hopefullly, still backing him but definitely hard to pin down what his job is at the moment other than 'get involved'.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 04, 2017, 04:23:35 PM
Reply #108

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefullly, still backing him but definitely hard to pin down what his job is at the moment other than 'get involved'.

I've not seen anybody as clever in possession with the ball since Pienaar. I think that's what gives me so much hope.

August 04, 2017, 04:25:25 PM
Reply #109

mikey_blue

I've just put him in my FF team. Going to bang them in this season.

August 04, 2017, 04:30:09 PM
Reply #110

hill135

Promising signs for me.

He wins the ball back in the final third a good few times a game too.

August 04, 2017, 04:33:29 PM
Reply #111

Gary1878

For me, I am not sure i mind if he is quiet all game long, as long as he provides the big passes when they matter. Too often, Barkley looks nice with the ball, but then is a big let down with the final pass - If Klaassen improves this and we sufficiently replace Lukaku then we will be in business.

August 04, 2017, 05:20:28 PM
Reply #112

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'd have said that he looks like he'll have a good understanding with Rooney from what I've seen in these two games.

August 04, 2017, 05:26:46 PM
Reply #113

Rhys

On his way to being my favourite player in the squad.

I think he will be someone who divides opinions with the fans.

What we did when he got the ball last night was good, very quick thinking and always looking for a first time pace and moving straight away. We saw in the home game he got in and around the box very well so will get some goals.

On the flip side he was invisible for a lot of the game last night similar to the Europa League final against United when he needed to almost demand the ball that bit more. That and he has doesnt have much pace or power games may well pass him by when he isnt playing well.

So i think some fans will really rate him, and others will think he offers very little aside from the odd goal.

August 04, 2017, 05:27:29 PM
Reply #114

MmmBlueRamirez

I've hardly noticed him at all. Which I think is a good thing, except when I have noticed him I've thought ooo there's Naismith <shudders>

I think he'll prove to be a top quality cog in a well constructed and oiled system.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 04, 2017, 06:12:14 PM
Reply #115

American Evertonian

For me, I am not sure i mind if he is quiet all game long, as long as he provides the big passes when they matter. Too often, Barkley looks nice with the ball, but then is a big let down with the final pass - If Klaassen improves this and we sufficiently replace Lukaku then we will be in business.

This last part I believe rings true. I don't think we will completely realize his utility as an attacker until we sign a proper striker. Think this will help us more than Gylfi will
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

August 04, 2017, 06:42:46 PM
Reply #116

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He reminds me of a cross between Naismith and Pienaar.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

August 04, 2017, 06:53:49 PM
Reply #117

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
He reminds me of a cross between Naismith and Pienaar.

Nainaar?

It almost sounds like a 200 mil player :)

August 04, 2017, 07:34:39 PM
Reply #118

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I've not seen anybody as clever in possession with the ball since Pienaar. I think that's what gives me so much hope.

Yeah, I like his first time balls and stuff, he's tidy but he's not blowing me away with cleverness particularly.

His passing and game involvement stats from the rest of his career would point to a tidy, busy player who doesn't get too involved in moving the ball or building play, but will very happily lay on the final ball or goal, I'd be surprised if he deviates from that and so far he hasn't so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Like I say I'm still backing him and I think he'll do well but I don't think he's been particularly impressive in regards to pure midfield play.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 04, 2017, 08:04:50 PM
Reply #119

MmmBlueRamirez

Nainaar?

It almost sounds like a 200 mil player :)

Or an ambulance.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama