November 21, 2017, 09:47:16 PM

Author Topic: Klaassen Signs - Confirmed by club.  (Read 14863 times)

August 24, 2017, 06:22:29 PM
Reply #255

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Why are so many people taking offence at the views of others over this particular player suddenly?  :bonk:

Pre-game tension?

deCoubertin

August 24, 2017, 06:22:56 PM
Reply #256

Gary1878

To be honest, this is like if you got a new job and then within a couple of weeks you were expected to be at the same level as everyone else. It would be completely unfair on you and it is no different for the new boys.

It takes time to learn in a new environment, especially for the young guys like Sandro that have never lived in the UK. Think about everything that he has to take in; New culture, language, city, house, job, boss, colleagues, weather, increased expectations etc. It might even take him a whole year to get up to scratch. The more the fans support these players, the better chance they will have in succeeding.

August 24, 2017, 06:23:32 PM
Reply #257

Lazarou

Why are so many people taking offence at the views of others over this particular player suddenly?  :bonk:

Pre-game tension?

Premenstrual tension more like.

August 24, 2017, 06:27:16 PM
Reply #258

MmmBlueRamirez

To be honest, this is like if you got a new job and then within a couple of weeks you were expected to be at the same level as everyone else. It would be completely unfair on you and it is no different for the new boys.

It takes time to learn in a new environment, especially for the young guys like Sandro that have never lived in the UK. Think about everything that he has to take in; New culture, language, city, house, job, boss, colleagues, weather, increased expectations etc. It might even take him a whole year to get up to scratch. The more the fans support these players, the better chance they will have in succeeding.

Sando is a different kettle of fish to Klaassen so theres not much comparison IMO. Theres a vast difference in experience for a start.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 24, 2017, 06:30:06 PM
Reply #259

Marky Mark and the funky

Apologies for expecting a bit more from a 26m seasoned international and former club captain of a championship winning side who also played in last seasons UEFA cup final.

From now on I'm gonna big up every signing and laud their immense talent in a weird Roberto Martinez fashion until such a day as they are sold. Whence they shall be considered to be shite.

Funnily enough that UEFA Cup final was a great indicator of what happens when 'strong' side from Holland comes up against a 'good' side from England.

I still think Klaassen has shown instincts some players will never develop so I am happy to see him continuing to be given many minutes to get sharper.

August 24, 2017, 06:32:32 PM
Reply #260

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Apologies for expecting a bit more from a 26m seasoned international and former club captain of a championship winning side who also played in last seasons UEFA cup final.

From now on I'm gonna big up every signing and laud their immense talent in a weird Roberto Martinez fashion until such a day as they are sold. Whence they shall be considered to be shite.

See, it's this kind of thing. I know you're belief is that we will see more of him. But this specific post is saying that you expect more from him.

We have scored 6 competative goals this season.
He has been directly involved in 4 of them. Whether that be laying on into space for a lay off, dragging a defender out of a space in the box or a direct assist.

4 out of 6 goals in games that have been 4 wins and a draw and you want more?
It could be argued that Barkley, for example, may have done the exact same thing and we would have scored them goals anyway.
But Klaassen was on the pitch and he did them things and we scored them goals specifically because he was on the pitch.

August 24, 2017, 06:35:49 PM
Reply #261

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber

Probably made harder with other newbies who are able to slot straight in, having grown up here and already been playing in the PL. They are just young men in a strange land and under a higher level of attention and expectation, in a league that is capable of eating them alive. No pressure!   :hug:

August 24, 2017, 07:09:02 PM
Reply #262

Bluenose 91

I think he struggles to get involved when the ball is in the middle of the park but he comes alive in the final third.

Looks to play a lot of one touch stuff and like a few others have mentioned I reckon he'll ''assist the assist'' a lot of the time.

I think he's made a decent start all things considered.

August 24, 2017, 07:20:08 PM
Reply #263

BlueNoseMike

I think he's been class so far (pardon the pun). The one touch flicks and triangles and clever runs off the ball have been something we've missed for a while.

Only performance I wasn't too impressed by was Monday at City. City will show they are one of the fastest most attacking teams in the country, and I think the best, and he just didn't seem to adapt to the pressure. But neither did Sig. Both came on with a view to gain control back. City will do that to most teams this year so I'm not worried.

He'll grow into a key player for us, and has shown it in spells already

August 24, 2017, 07:21:10 PM
Reply #264

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
I think he struggles to get involved when the ball is in the middle of the park but he comes alive in the final third.

This is where getting up to speed is needed. On the attack he's comfortable, but when it comes to turning in the middle he's still short of the practice dealing with the kind of player that has nicked the ball off you if you blink. I'd be playing it safe in the middle to start with too.

August 24, 2017, 07:31:47 PM
Reply #265

Macca77

I reckon he will become the greatest player to have ever played the game, deffo a multiple ballon d'or winner.

August 24, 2017, 07:46:04 PM
Reply #266

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon he will become the greatest player to have ever played the game, deffo a multiple ballon d'or winner.

Gert-Jan, is that you?

August 24, 2017, 07:46:52 PM
Reply #267

everton1952

Is that you Roberto? Phenomenal. 

August 24, 2017, 08:01:20 PM
Reply #268

SANA_DR0

i had huge hopes for Klaassen,  but he seems not fit/not ready for the premier league, i dont know what it is, i expected him to be more technical (going by his Ajax performances) but he really does look like a Naismith clone.
reserving judgement tho, and taking it as he isnt settled into the league / team yet..

The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

August 24, 2017, 08:17:20 PM
Reply #269

kramer0

I've said this before but Naismith with the ability to control the ball and actually pull off one-touch passes would have been a very good player.

So if that's who Klaassen is, great. He might not be a player for every match but he'll be a big asset to the squad.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:18:24 PM by kramer0 »