November 21, 2018, 12:23:20 AM

Author Topic: Klaassen Signs - Confirmed by club.  (Read 23159 times)

June 16, 2017, 05:04:06 AM
Read 23159 times

MmmblueBernard

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 16, 2017, 05:15:40 AM
Reply #1

MmmblueBernard

All this splurging and no sign of Bill K yet!

Hope hes ok.

August 04, 2017, 05:27:29 PM
Reply #2

MmmblueBernard

I've hardly noticed him at all. Which I think is a good thing, except when I have noticed him I've thought ooo there's Naismith <shudders>

I think he'll prove to be a top quality cog in a well constructed and oiled system.

August 04, 2017, 08:04:50 PM
Reply #3

MmmblueBernard

Nainaar?

It almost sounds like a 200 mil player :)

Or an ambulance.

August 21, 2017, 11:28:32 PM
Reply #4

MmmblueBernard

I just want to reinforce the Klaassen love really.

Without him, neither of those goals happen against Hajduk Split.

Sure something else might have happened instead but he factually made both goals happen just as much as the players actually credited with an assist (Baines and Rooney).

Personally not keen on the Naismith comparisons beyond complementing his work ethic.

That hair tho?

August 22, 2017, 07:33:17 PM
Reply #5

MmmblueBernard

Bring back Naismith.

August 22, 2017, 07:53:06 PM
Reply #6

MmmblueBernard

Of course he has - but don't expect some to.

Im more than willing to. However my expectations were for a level of performance a lot higher than what we've seen so far. Ajax captain and all that jazz.

Yours sincerely,

Disappointed of Gloucestershire 

August 24, 2017, 01:45:57 PM
Reply #7

MmmblueBernard

You may be right I might be thinking of Seville. The point is people are readily willing to criticise Klaassen who's been involved in all our wins so far and a key figure in creating our goals in a lot of those games, while Sandro has also featured but clearly not shown much because people can't even remember if or what games he's actually started or played in.

Hence my original point Klanseen has had the better start to his Everton career than Sandro.

Part of the problem here is people have already decided Sandro is a great player based on the fact he's come from Spain and Klaassen will struggle because he's come from Holland.

As someone in the 'expected a bit more from Klaassen' camp, I think you're exaggerating the point a bit too much to make an issue where there really isn't one.

August 24, 2017, 06:14:27 PM
Reply #8

MmmblueBernard

Apologies for expecting a bit more from a 26m seasoned international and former club captain of a championship winning side who also played in last seasons UEFA cup final.

From now on I'm gonna big up every signing and laud their immense talent in a weird Roberto Martinez fashion until such a day as they are sold. Whence they shall be considered to be shite.

August 24, 2017, 06:27:16 PM
Reply #9

MmmblueBernard

To be honest, this is like if you got a new job and then within a couple of weeks you were expected to be at the same level as everyone else. It would be completely unfair on you and it is no different for the new boys.

It takes time to learn in a new environment, especially for the young guys like Sandro that have never lived in the UK. Think about everything that he has to take in; New culture, language, city, house, job, boss, colleagues, weather, increased expectations etc. It might even take him a whole year to get up to scratch. The more the fans support these players, the better chance they will have in succeeding.

Sando is a different kettle of fish to Klaassen so theres not much comparison IMO. Theres a vast difference in experience for a start.

August 24, 2017, 09:25:37 PM
Reply #10

MmmblueBernard

I just don't see the Davy-Stevie thing.

IMO Naisy was good at finishing when he actually made it into the box, winning way more than his fair share of headers, and winning free-kicks with his combative style.

Haven't seen any of that from Klaassen, what I have seen is the aforementioned link-up play in fits and spurts (which has been a good thing btw).

It's a pace/hair thang!

September 26, 2017, 07:22:37 PM
Reply #11

MmmblueBernard

But then you're risking your 19 year old prodigy.

And benching a 25m former club captain of Ajax. Conundrums ahoy.