December 17, 2018, 06:24:22 PM

Author Topic: Klaassen Signs - Confirmed by club.  (Read 23750 times)

August 19, 2017, 06:16:40 PM
Reply #165

Bluedylan

I don't think the game passes him by. He's had lots of valuable input already. The first touch pass for the chance Rooney should've scored on Thursday was sublime.

I like the way Koeman is playing him, but easing him in, and taking him off before the end.

Really pleased with him as a signing, and I honestly wonder if people questioning/criticising him understand football on any level.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 19, 2017, 06:23:57 PM
Reply #166

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think the game passes him by. He's had lots of valuable input already. The first touch pass for the chance Rooney should've scored on Thursday was sublime.

I like the way Koeman is playing him, but easing him in, and taking him off before the end.

Really pleased with him as a signing, and I honestly wonder if people questioning/criticising him understand football on any level.

He's going to be great for us. We've missed a sneaky player who plays these little through passes and balls for ages. He's a very clever player.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 19, 2017, 06:36:51 PM
Reply #167

ally2

I love him. Technical ability, intelligence of movement and an eye for goal.

August 19, 2017, 06:42:06 PM
Reply #168

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Looks a cracking player. Takes one touch when most would take 3.

August 19, 2017, 06:48:57 PM
Reply #169

sam of the south

I've got a feeling that Klaassen, Sigurdsson, and Rooney are going to achieve telepathic levels of great interplay this season
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 19, 2017, 06:49:07 PM
Reply #170

Gash

Global Moderator
I think he'll settle in and become a very good buy but that's probably because he looks like Naismith. ;) I can see why people see a comparison, they look similar and even run similarly and make the same kind of intelligent runs but technically he's far better than him. I can see him getting a decent tally of goals and assists.

August 19, 2017, 07:19:11 PM
Reply #171

D_murph0278

I think he'll settle in and become a very good buy but that's probably because he looks like Naismith. ;) I can see why people see a comparison, they look similar and even run similarly and make the same kind of intelligent runs but technically he's far better than him. I can see him getting a decent tally of goals and assists.

I'm not sure how you can say that tbh. He's been really average so far and I'd have Davies instead of him against city and Split.
I'd like to think he'll reproduce his Ajax form for us as the season goes on... but then again, it was the Dutch league!
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

August 19, 2017, 07:23:39 PM
Reply #172

toffee_scot

I can't wait until he scores his first goal for us, I think that will give him a huge boost and see him develop into a key player for us.

August 19, 2017, 07:25:31 PM
Reply #173

Gash

Global Moderator

I'm not sure how you can say that tbh. He's been really average so far and I'd have Davies instead of him against city and Split.
I'd like to think he'll reproduce his Ajax form for us as the season goes on... but then again, it was the Dutch league!

He's been directly involved in a few chances and goals already and was unlucky not to score the other night. He's got good movement and ability, he's also very good at closing down players with the ball, something we've not always had from a player higher up the pitch. People need to get over this "Dutch League" syndrome that they've got, it's hardly the SPFL especially as the team he played for got to the Europa League Final last season.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 07:27:05 PM by Gash »

August 19, 2017, 07:32:00 PM
Reply #174

Lxxx

He'll get better every game. As his game isn't about being on the ball like Schneiderlin, or charging around like Gueye or as all action as Rooney it might be perceived as he's not doing anything. Until you analyse all the goals we score and he plays a part in every one of them.

August 19, 2017, 07:49:18 PM
Reply #175

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

This is how he played for Ajax by the way.

Doesn't pass much, doesn't take many touches, doesn't get involved in play middle of the pitch - just very, very productive in terms of popping up with goals, assists and pre assists.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 19, 2017, 08:47:33 PM
Reply #176

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I can see him getting lots of assist the assister pts and a lot of our fans questioning what he brings to the table
Simply simply lovely

August 19, 2017, 09:04:30 PM
Reply #177

ally2

I think he'll assist the assister of assists a lot

August 19, 2017, 10:51:58 PM
Reply #178

dazfrancis

This is how he played for Ajax by the way.

Doesn't pass much, doesn't take many touches, doesn't get involved in play middle of the pitch - just very, very productive in terms of popping up with goals, assists and pre assists.

Basically what we we're in previous seasons when we struggled to break teams down.

It always baffles me how quickly our fans write new players off.

Another examples is Rooney being "past it".

August 19, 2017, 10:59:56 PM
Reply #179

ForzaItalia

Spot on and couldn't agree more.
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo