December 12, 2018, 06:30:35 PM

Author Topic: Klaassen Signs - Confirmed by club.  (Read 23595 times)

August 19, 2017, 11:11:46 PM
Reply #180

Lxxx

I don't think the game passes him by. He's had lots of valuable input already. The first touch pass for the chance Rooney should've scored on Thursday was sublime.

I like the way Koeman is playing him, but easing him in, and taking him off before the end.

Really pleased with him as a signing, and I honestly wonder if people questioning/criticising him understand football on any level.

Whilst I agree with you on Klaassen everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's a bit condescending to question other poster's knowledge of the game just because they hold a differing view.

August 19, 2017, 11:14:25 PM
Reply #181

Bluedylan

Whilst I agree with you on Klaassen everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's a bit condescending to question other poster's knowledge of the game just because they hold a differing view.

Nah, just an honest opinion.

You think everything's condescending. Perhaps you've got an inferiority complex?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 19, 2017, 11:16:19 PM
Reply #182

Lxxx

Nah, just an honest opinion.

You think everything's condescending. Perhaps you've got an inferiority complex?

Haha.

Okay love.

August 19, 2017, 11:25:23 PM
Reply #183

Bluedylan

Haha.

Okay love.

Wasn't even aimed at you, or anyone in particular so not really sure why you've chimed in.

We give opinions, and sometimes they conflict with and contradict someone else's opinion. So inherently there we are saying 'I think I'm right and you are wrong about this thing'. You could argue that's condescending. I gave an opinion that wasn't particularly inflammatory on a forum, and you're more than entitled to disagree with it, and I promise I won't feel condescended to.

August 19, 2017, 11:56:16 PM
Reply #184

van der Meyde

@brap2 is spot on anyway. He regularly had the fewest touches of any player for Ajax and the Netherlands.

If he keeps up his knack of getting on the end of things, he'll keep most people happy. I don't think the accusations of the game passing him by will ever disappear though.
I think he'll assist the assister of assists a lot
Two of those 'secondary' assists, one actual assist this season. (Yes, I'm keeping track - I have a spreadsheet and everything.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:58:21 PM by van der Meyde »

August 20, 2017, 12:01:20 AM
Reply #185

Lxxx

August 20, 2017, 12:02:19 AM
Reply #186

Lxxx

Wasn't even aimed at you, or anyone in particular so not really sure why you've chimed in.

We give opinions, and sometimes they conflict with and contradict someone else's opinion. So inherently there we are saying 'I think I'm right and you are wrong about this thing'. You could argue that's condescending. I gave an opinion that wasn't particularly inflammatory on a forum, and you're more than entitled to disagree with it, and I promise I won't feel condescended to.

Like I said I agree with you about Klaassen, I think he's an intelligent player, but if someone else doesn't see it I wouldn't think they don't understand football. They just might judge players differently and have another opinion.

As you were.

August 20, 2017, 12:07:07 AM
Reply #187

Bluedylan

Like I said I agree with you about Klaassen, I think he's an intelligent player, but if someone else doesn't see it I wouldn't think they don't understand football. They just might judge players differently and have another opinion.

As you were.

They might, and if they gave some sort of vaguely understandable reason other than 'he doesn't do anything', fair enough, but the bits of criticism I've seen have been along those line.

Anyway, not arguing as I said.

August 20, 2017, 12:22:02 AM
Reply #188

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I think he looks fucking quality. All the more impressive given how new he is to the league.

August 20, 2017, 02:49:23 AM
Reply #189

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Basically what we we're in previous seasons when we struggled to break teams down.

It always baffles me how quickly our fans write new players off.

Another examples is Rooney being "past it".

Have to admit I was against Rooney. Watching him play for United, he looked more and more finished.

He's really impressed me though and I think it was a great move actually. Looking forward to watching him this year.

Don't want him up front all season though. Waste imo. Get him on the ball and get him in the game, let DCL run the channels.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 20, 2017, 02:56:04 AM
Reply #190

dunkster

We certainly never improved when klaassen went off.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 20, 2017, 04:12:34 AM
Reply #191

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Have to admit I was against Rooney. Watching him play for United, he looked more and more finished.

He's really impressed me though and I think it was a great move actually. Looking forward to watching him this year.

Don't want him up front all season though. Waste imo. Get him on the ball and get him in the game, let DCL run the channels.

I think he'd lost all motivation at Utd. He'd done it all, he'd become a bit part player and he really had nothing less to strive for. I was dubious about his return, but he looks alive again, and motivated. He's done well so far, and is obviously relishing the challenge of making us great again.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 20, 2017, 05:51:15 AM
Reply #192

Lxxx

I'm of the opposite opinion. So far up top he's looked motivated, decent and tried to make runs off the last defender and just been unlucky.
When he's dropped back he's looked a little crowded out.

Get Sig playing and he'll find him in and around the box more times than not. Let's use him as a No 9 until his legs can't push him at this tempo any longer, which is probably after Xmas the start he's made.

August 20, 2017, 07:12:05 AM
Reply #193

MrWhite

I've got a feeling that Klaassen, Sigurdsson, and Rooney are going to achieve telepathic levels of great interplay this season
Leighton has been waiting patiently for us to recruit more telepaths like him.

August 20, 2017, 03:53:26 PM
Reply #194

dazfrancis

I'm of the opposite opinion. So far up top he's looked motivated, decent and tried to make runs off the last defender and just been unlucky.
When he's dropped back he's looked a little crowded out.

Get Sig playing and he'll find him in and around the box more times than not. Let's use him as a No 9 until his legs can't push him at this tempo any longer, which is probably after Xmas the start he's made.
Rooney definitely drops too deep sometimes. He's one of the best scorers in our team and he should be playing as far forward as possible to give himself goalscoring chances if not necessarily leading the line.

The thought of him, Klaasen, sigurdson and baines linking up does get the juices flowing