December 18, 2017, 01:44:24 AM

Author Topic: Klaassen Signs - Confirmed by club.  (Read 15529 times)

September 24, 2017, 05:24:31 AM
Reply #285

Mayor Farnum

I think he's one of our most technically gifted players, if not the most gifted. And has the vision to go with it.

Probably sounds mad but I think he's actually a level above a lot of our players and finding it difficult to know how to fit in, especially with the seemingly unmovable midfield two of Schneiderlein and Gueye and our ever changing formations. I have zero doubt he will be fantastic for us in due course. I just don't know how.

Jeez he must be some fuckin' player if he's proved that without actually getting on the ball.

deCoubertin

September 24, 2017, 05:28:49 AM
Reply #286

Major Clanger

Jeez he must be some fuckin' player if he's proved that without actually getting on the ball.

He's manipulating the ball with his brainwaves.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

September 24, 2017, 05:28:56 AM
Reply #287

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
One of the difficulties is unlike Sigurdsson or Rooney I don't really know where his best position is. I thought in his first game he was getting in the box much more (I seem to remember him sliding in and arriving slightly too late for a cross in the six yard area) and generally being a little bit of a Cahill type nuisance in a certain sense, so I thought he'd be getting amongst the goals that way, but it seems like he's playing comparatively very deep now, at best he's hanging out at the top of the box and the game is passing him by in most cases.

Sadly the only game I saw of him before he came here was in the Europa final vs Man United and it doesn't probably help that he was pretty much anonymous in that too.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 06:26:30 AM by blueToffee »

September 24, 2017, 05:58:19 AM
Reply #288

van der Meyde

Broadly I think both camps are right.

He's a decent player technically, he makes decent runs.

He just doesn't touch the ball anywhere near as much as a player in his position should. This isn't a new thing, it was the same for Ajax. It's just probably not something we can accommodate in games where we aren't dominating the ball in the attacking third.

September 24, 2017, 05:58:31 AM
Reply #289

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Davvy Klaassen needs a striker and two wingers. He is never going to get on the ball like a proper CM or 10. If he couldn't do it in the Netherlands he is never going to do it in the fucking prem. He is like Steven Naismith and he is like Tim Cahill, but we haven't seen much of it yet. Probably because when he goes to run into the box he's in a queue of about 3 other number 10s all milling about.

Until we have a striker and two wingers he can lay it off to he should get the odd game in the cup when we play our second string. Keep him away from the centre circle because you need players who can pass, tackle, move with the ball and dribble and he can't do any of that he can just lay it off really really quickly and we have rooney and Sigurdsson who can do that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 24, 2017, 06:24:54 AM
Reply #290

blueski

I like his speed of thought and he seems like he'd be deadly good in 5 a side
Nil Satis

September 24, 2017, 09:06:36 AM
Reply #291

Jamokachi

He's a passenger at the moment, and the way we're playing we can't afford those. Sit him out for a while, and bring him into the fold when we hit a bit of form. Then ewe'll see what he has to offer.

September 24, 2017, 09:20:21 AM
Reply #292

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think hes a good player more akin to Pienaar in that he makes quick and clever passes. Thought today he was pretty decent in the first half.

I really think Rooney is whats stuffing up a lot of our balance though.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

September 24, 2017, 09:25:18 AM
Reply #293

Jamokachi

Thought today he was pretty decent in the first half.

Constantly bullied, caught in possession, and looked out of his depth... he isn't ready to be starting games at this level.

Rooney is a far better option at present. The stick he's copping is ridiculous. He's been one of our better performers this season (doesn't say an awful lot i appreciate).

September 24, 2017, 04:27:48 PM
Reply #294

Lxxx

Needs a little spell out of the team for me. He's a pass and move type player in a team that neither passes nor moves at the minute due to a number of factors.
With a few wins on the bounce, more confidence and a better balance to the team we can then integrate him back in. It's no biggie, just need to think of the bigger picture and the likes of Davies are more suited to our current situation at the moment.

September 24, 2017, 04:38:55 PM
Reply #295

Faceatthefence

Not a valid vimeo URL
Broadly I think both camps are right.

He's a decent player technically, he makes decent runs.

He just doesn't touch the ball anywhere near as much as a player in his position should. This isn't a new thing, it was the same for Ajax. It's just probably not something we can accommodate in games where we aren't dominating the ball in the attacking third.
I had significant  doubts about him watching the Europa final against manure,rated a 4 in that match against premier opposition the game simply passed him by with zero input.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

September 24, 2017, 04:39:21 PM
Reply #296

DannyR

He will take time to get into the flow of things but some of the little touches and stuff are pretty decent.

I can see him turning into a boss little player come the second half of the season
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

September 24, 2017, 04:39:42 PM
Reply #297

Tinga

I think the people saying he's just too intelligent for our players, despite not offering much at all are desperate for him to succeed. I'm thinking he might not be the player we had hoped for when we signed him, at least not in this league.

Sure it's early days but he doesn't seem to really do anything..

September 24, 2017, 04:44:56 PM
Reply #298

Realist

I think he's one of our most technically gifted players, if not the most gifted. And has the vision to go with it.

Probably sounds mad but I think he's actually a level above a lot of our players and finding it difficult to know how to fit in, especially with the seemingly unmovable midfield two of Schneiderlein and Gueye and our ever changing formations. I have zero doubt he will be fantastic for us in due course. I just don't know how.

No he's not, he's just struggling to adapt to the prem.

September 24, 2017, 04:46:36 PM
Reply #299

gizzblue

The lack of balance in the team is a problem for him (and others in his position) if Rooney got benched or injured we would see this guy flourish and use the space in front of him ten times  better ...I'm side .. .early days yet.