October 23, 2018, 01:51:54 AM

Author Topic: Klaassen Signs - Confirmed by club.  (Read 22343 times)

August 18, 2017, 07:35:17 PM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He looks better the quicker the passing is. All the slow build up stuff he just disappears.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 18, 2017, 07:57:04 PM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I'm fairly optimistic re our edge of the box play.

That's the situation we should be in more often than not (we're not going to need 3 pace merchants on the break that often in a season) so it's where we need to be very good.

Re putting it in the net, we're going to have to get used to the fact that Lukaku was one of the top finishers around.

Whoever is playing is very likely to not be as good.

We therefore need to increase chance creation so that a lower conversion rate still results in more goals.

Encouraged by Schneiderlin's superb regista style performance first half as well.

Demand the ball, switch it.

Demand the ball, switch it.

They were pegged into their own box while we explored for gaps which is exactly what you should do. In the past we'd have maybe skied a Barkley shot or hit a Deulofeu cross into the first man.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 19, 2017, 05:21:27 PM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The match is weird though.

I spent 90 minutes hearing about how shit Mirallas was on Thursday night and then read people praising him on here when I got home.

He's our most consistent player I think.

Every single performance seems to be exactly the same.

August 19, 2017, 07:49:18 PM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

I'm not sure how you can say that tbh. He's been really average so far and I'd have Davies instead of him against city and Split.
I'd like to think he'll reproduce his Ajax form for us as the season goes on... but then again, it was the Dutch league!

This is how he played for Ajax by the way.

Doesn't pass much, doesn't take many touches, doesn't get involved in play middle of the pitch - just very, very productive in terms of popping up with goals, assists and pre assists.

August 20, 2017, 02:49:23 AM
Reply #19

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Basically what we we're in previous seasons when we struggled to break teams down.

It always baffles me how quickly our fans write new players off.

Another examples is Rooney being "past it".

Have to admit I was against Rooney. Watching him play for United, he looked more and more finished.

He's really impressed me though and I think it was a great move actually. Looking forward to watching him this year.

Don't want him up front all season though. Waste imo. Get him on the ball and get him in the game, let DCL run the channels.

August 24, 2017, 06:18:02 PM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You're looking at it from your one, individual point of view.Of course you remember everything you said and the context it is in.
I know that the guy who was most negative @brap2 has come around, because i had direct interaction with him.

But if you're reading through this thread, chances are you aren't doing so with a little tally box, making notes on who said exactly what in what order.
It's just "fucking hell, there's another negative post, and another and another".

So yeah, you are right in thinking things are nowhere near as negative as @Ross thought. But you're wrong in thinking it's crazy for him to have got to that opinion.

I wouldn't say I was that negative about it, just felt he looked a bit over awed and didn't look for the ball. I still think he'll have about 20 touches a game in the middle of the park which isn't great.

But, we hopefully won't be playing him in the middle of the pitch, he's just there to be productive and work his ollies off which I think he will, so can't get behind him enough at this point!

September 24, 2017, 05:58:31 AM
Reply #21

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Davvy Klaassen needs a striker and two wingers. He is never going to get on the ball like a proper CM or 10. If he couldn't do it in the Netherlands he is never going to do it in the fucking prem. He is like Steven Naismith and he is like Tim Cahill, but we haven't seen much of it yet. Probably because when he goes to run into the box he's in a queue of about 3 other number 10s all milling about.

Until we have a striker and two wingers he can lay it off to he should get the odd game in the cup when we play our second string. Keep him away from the centre circle because you need players who can pass, tackle, move with the ball and dribble and he can't do any of that he can just lay it off really really quickly and we have rooney and Sigurdsson who can do that.

September 26, 2017, 05:44:26 AM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
But then you're risking your 19 year old prodigy.