August 20, 2018, 11:23:52 PM

Author Topic: Klaassen Signs - Confirmed by club.  (Read 21135 times)

August 20, 2017, 05:51:15 AM
Reply #15

Lxxx

Have to admit I was against Rooney. Watching him play for United, he looked more and more finished.

He's really impressed me though and I think it was a great move actually. Looking forward to watching him this year.

Don't want him up front all season though. Waste imo. Get him on the ball and get him in the game, let DCL run the channels.

I'm of the opposite opinion. So far up top he's looked motivated, decent and tried to make runs off the last defender and just been unlucky.
When he's dropped back he's looked a little crowded out.

Get Sig playing and he'll find him in and around the box more times than not. Let's use him as a No 9 until his legs can't push him at this tempo any longer, which is probably after Xmas the start he's made.

August 22, 2017, 09:47:47 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

I don't think it's natural to expect that a new signing does the business immediately, I would say that would be an unrealistic expectation.

Wayne Rooney says hi.

August 23, 2017, 03:44:20 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

I'd say he's had a better start to his Everton career than Sandro has so far.

Sandro hasn't started yet though has he.

August 23, 2017, 03:57:41 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

Started both legs against Rumbelows and Stoke, plus a couple of friendly's.

Did he? Feels like he's hardly played. Just shows how much of an impression he's made on me so far.

August 23, 2017, 04:59:27 PM
Reply #19

Lxxx

You may be right I might be thinking of Seville. The point is people are readily willing to criticise Klaassen who's been involved in all our wins so far and a key figure in creating our goals in a lot of those games, while Sandro has also featured but clearly not shown much because people can't even remember if or what games he's actually started or played in.

Hence my original point Klanseen has had the better start to his Everton career than Sandro.

Part of the problem here is people have already decided Sandro is a great player based on the fact he's come from Spain and Klaassen will struggle because he's come from Holland.

I think you're reading way too much into all this. I've only read a few posters saying he's not quite up to speed yet, a fact he'd probably admit to himself. I personally think he's not started too badly but the fact he plays on the fringes of games as opposed to all action means his contribution is subject to different interpretations. Nothing to get worked up about though.

August 23, 2017, 05:14:47 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

I'm not worked up at all thanks.

You're making outlandish claims that people think Sandro is great because he's Spanish and Klaassen will struggle because he's from Holland. Which is ridiculous.

September 24, 2017, 04:27:48 PM
Reply #21

Lxxx

Needs a little spell out of the team for me. He's a pass and move type player in a team that neither passes nor moves at the minute due to a number of factors.
With a few wins on the bounce, more confidence and a better balance to the team we can then integrate him back in. It's no biggie, just need to think of the bigger picture and the likes of Davies are more suited to our current situation at the moment.