December 13, 2017, 06:56:57 PM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 125558 times)

June 16, 2017, 07:40:14 PM
Read 125558 times

D15TIN

'BARKLEY ON HIS WAY OUT'

Ross Barkley's days at Everton are numbered following the arrival of Davy Klaassen, according to Alan Stubbs.

The 23-year-old is entering the final 12 months of his contract and having failed to comply with manager Ronald Koeman's ultimatum to provide a response to their offer of a new deal by the end of the season, the Dutchman has begun his quest to find replacements.

"I think Ronald put his cards on the table with Ross before the end of the season and he gave him an ultimatum," Stubbs told talkSPORT.

"The fact that we are three weeks gone and Ross hasn't signed, then I think that's the biggest indicator that Ross' future is going to lie elsewhere."

deCoubertin

June 16, 2017, 07:40:28 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

Only thing I'm bothered about now is -

with all this recruitment activity and extra personnel with Walsh and the team - I hope they have a scout who's job it is to find out which players dad's are massive twats in the press!

:snigger:

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 16, 2017, 07:52:17 PM
Reply #2

arteta4spain

Rumours Ronaldo wants out of Real. Come join the revolution lad! 😂😂😂😂

June 16, 2017, 07:58:52 PM
Reply #3

BlueBeagle

'BARKLEY ON HIS WAY OUT'

Genuinely not bothered

June 16, 2017, 08:06:14 PM
Reply #4

KoemansNumberTens

'BARKLEY ON HIS WAY OUT'

Genuinely not bothered

Nor me. He just didn't deliver and we can't wait around forever because he might

I don't even think he wanted to leave originally. Think he's overplayed his hand and koeman, in response, wasn't right arsed. He'll get a big move if he's cheap enough (or next season on a free) he won't find a club above us who actually intends for him to be a first team regular. He probably wouldn't be that here either.

June 16, 2017, 08:22:48 PM
Reply #5

D15TIN

Nor me. He just didn't deliver and we can't wait around forever because he might

I don't even think he wanted to leave originally. Think he's overplayed his hand and koeman, in response, wasn't right arsed. He'll get a big move if he's cheap enough (or next season on a free) he won't find a club above us who actually intends for him to be a first team regular. He probably wouldn't be that here either.
Who would come in for him? Maybe Spurs or City for their bench? Not getting in any 11s above us, or would he go abroad? Not so sure thatd suit him

June 16, 2017, 08:29:03 PM
Reply #6

Toddacelli

I don't even think he wanted to leave originally. Think he's overplayed his hand 

This.

Sad for him. A bit sad for us too but I know we'll move on. Hope Ross does well in the future. Think he'll really regret things in the future.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 16, 2017, 08:29:47 PM
Reply #7

ally2

No idea what Barkley is up to.  I actually have warmed a bit that I wouldn't mind him hanging around the squad but it's not really in his interest to do that, especially when england lact in central midfield and there is a world cup next summer.  He needs lots of games and total support which he's only get if he dropped down a level.  Thing is that teams at that level are not going to throw 100k/weeek at him so he needs to give his head a little think.

June 16, 2017, 08:37:28 PM
Reply #8

Robioto

This is just Alan Stubbs opinion, so nothing has changed or been hinted.

They may ask David Weir next and he'll give his opinion, it still won't change or hint anything futher.

June 16, 2017, 08:40:35 PM
Reply #9

Sixx1402

It's a bit sad that its come to this but i'm not too bothered either, i've been saying for a while now he doesn't have all the attributes for a specific postition.

He's no number 10 as his decision making is questionable to say the least plus he doesn't have the range of passing/vision for it

He's no central midfielder either as he doesn't have the work rate required and is liable to give the ball away in dangerous positions.

Add to that that he seems to be a confidence player and if things aren't going his way he's anonymous

He only seems to be good at running at defenders and every now and again hits a cracker

It's just not enough, real shame i thought he's be great by now
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

June 16, 2017, 08:51:47 PM
Reply #10

D15TIN

It's a bit sad that its come to this but i'm not too bothered either, i've been saying for a while now he doesn't have all the attributes for a specific postition.

He's no number 10 as his decision making is questionable to say the least plus he doesn't have the range of passing/vision for it

He's no central midfielder either as he doesn't have the work rate required and is liable to give the ball away in dangerous positions.

Add to that that he seems to be a confidence player and if things aren't going his way he's anonymous

He only seems to be good at running at defenders and every now and again hits a cracker

Cant disagree with any of that

June 16, 2017, 09:10:54 PM
Reply #11

Bigstickytoffee

Nothing new in that link.

June 16, 2017, 09:29:05 PM
Reply #12

smellybum

Big moment for him now. The next few weeks could easily determine how his career pans out. Choices seem to be. Stay and fight for your position with us. He will really have to put the work in. Bugger off to say West Ham or Newcastle and be the billy big bollox for them without ever really challenging for anything or achieving something. Or finally maybe if say Spurs or Arsenal come in for him he may get 20 games a season depending on European runs. He has to ask himself what does he want from his career?

We have shown we are capable of acting in the transfer market and will replace him with no issues. He has to be rattled slightly. Not guaranteed a starting role with us now. No big clubs seemingly coming in for him. I can see him being a panic buy for somebody on deadline day.

June 17, 2017, 12:11:31 AM
Reply #13

American Evertonian

This. He's good at a decent amount of things but not really great at anything. If he wasn't a boyhood Evertonian and Academy product I believe we would see more people coming out calling for him to be sold off.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

June 17, 2017, 12:18:41 AM
Reply #14

eame

It's a strange one this... Would love to know what has really happened but like most comments above I'm really not arsed if he stays or goes. Its a such a shame though the lad is probably living every single persons on here's dream but it doesn't seem enough for him, which is something I will never understand. A few of my mates have said it similar to the Rooney situation years back but I don't agree. Back then we was stagnant and not gong anywhere whereas now the future is bright... Silly boy Ross.....