October 23, 2019, 06:47:21 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 201140 times)

June 19, 2017, 04:18:16 AM
Reply #150

efcforlife

He might not have been offered the massive wages being touted around.  Thatd certainly explain why him or his people havent been shouting from the rooftops as they dont want to play their hand to other clubs who may offer more believing Everton have offered more?

Its the silence from both sides thats puzzling me now.

His form over his previous contract is not deserving of a "massive" pay rise so if what you say is true then it makes it all that bit worse IMO

June 19, 2017, 04:21:35 AM
Reply #151

efcforlife

This is why I can't understand why people don't think he's good enough.

https://twitter.com/squawka/status/876195499530887168

Such a misleading stat though.

What type of chances? Against who? Had we already lost the game?

Ross should be dominating games and dictating play and he doesn't.

I rate him highly but doing this with a contract makes him a shithouse. He's got his own mind and should not have let this happen.

June 19, 2017, 04:26:32 AM
Reply #152

efcforlife

He should have signed the contract, got his head down and become the heartbeat of the "new Everton"... negotiate a short contract whilst he proves himself is he so wishes.

Instead he's chose to listen to some bellend(presumably) and become a money grabbing dickhead.

I hope to god I'm wrong but it's doing my nut in.

June 19, 2017, 04:33:05 AM
Reply #153

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We don't know anything about the contract and he hasn't actually turned it down as yet. It's all dickheadery from the media and bizarrely from Everton. People keep saying they want him to succeed but those words sound very hollow to me on the back of a lot of the comments around him.

June 19, 2017, 04:51:40 AM
Reply #154

sam of the south

We don't know anything about the contract and he hasn't actually turned it down as yet. It's all dickheadery from the media and bizarrely from Everton. People keep saying they want him to succeed but those words sound very hollow to me on the back of a lot of the comments around him.

Well, not signing it when it's been on the table for a while, and still not signing it when your manager (for better or worse) gives you a deadline to sign it and it passes, is turning it down thus far.

And it puts the club in a weak, awkward, and embarrassing position.

And seeing as all of us are Everton fans more than we are Barkley fans, it stands to reason that most of us are feeling sore about this situation.

And I think you would find that the majority of us want him to succeed at Everton, and some of us will even want him to succeed if he moves on.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

June 19, 2017, 05:02:13 AM
Reply #155

ally2

I don't see how it makes us look weak etc. As things stand we're carrying on without him. We have to behave as if he's leaving otherwise we could be short of squad numbers. At the moment he's being a pain in the arse by messing us about. The difference this time though is that we have the financial strength to cope/ignore it. He is not doing himself any favours at all and I find it odd that there's such little resentment about it actually.

June 19, 2017, 05:11:49 AM
Reply #156

Shogun

Administrator
With so much silence since Koeman said a statement would be released (lol), you do have to wonder what's going on.

In the current climate of football, it's incredible that nothing is being leaked.

June 19, 2017, 05:16:43 AM
Reply #157

sam of the south

I don't see how it makes us look weak etc. As things stand we're carrying on without him. We have to behave as if he's leaving otherwise we could be short of squad numbers. At the moment he's being a pain in the arse by messing us about. The difference this time though is that we have the financial strength to cope/ignore it. He is not doing himself any favours at all and I find it odd that there's such little resentment about it actually.

I think it feels well awkward and embarrassing, because he's one of us, and it looks to the outside world like he thinks he's too good for us.

That's the way a lot of non-Evertonians are talking about it anyway.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

June 19, 2017, 02:47:19 PM
Reply #158

bigmanbob

We know he was given a deadline to sign and that he didn't, we know Koeman doesn't do bullshit. We also know that if we cave into the slightest thing with Barkley and his (ill)advisors we look like absolute arseholes

June 19, 2017, 03:43:23 PM
Reply #159

howard1334

Such a misleading stat though.

What type of chances? Against who? Had we already lost the game?

Ross should be dominating games and dictating play and he doesn't.

I rate him highly but doing this with a contract makes him a shithouse. He's got his own mind and should not have let this happen.

Its not really though. Those sort of questions can be asked of all footballers, and over the course of a 38 game season, such factors will generally average out.

June 19, 2017, 04:04:09 PM
Reply #160

Bigstickytoffee

I wouldn't be surprised if he and the club have agreed to a final decision when he returns from holiday. Take a break, get your head around it and let us know first day back.

June 19, 2017, 04:13:02 PM
Reply #161

Lxxx

I wonder how much Southampton have to spend this summer.

June 19, 2017, 04:25:27 PM
Reply #162

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I think it feels well awkward and embarrassing, because he's one of us, and it looks to the outside world like he thinks he's too good for us.

That's the way a lot of non-Evertonians are talking about it anyway.
I always accept that during the season the hype around the game and the thrill of going to see Everton is what it's all about. It's an escape into something between the experience of actually seeing and being part of something that is both emotionally captivating and exciting and real on the one hand and a fantasy world of all 'being one, loyalty, attachment etc on the other.
In summer I see only the hard reality of professional football. Players who are ambitious to win and want to earn as much as they can, clubs who have to run a business and balance the books and a media fighting to sell their stories to fans whose appetite for transfer news is insatiable.
We will be hurt and angry when a player dares to walk away from our club accusing him of being disloyal, greedy and worse. We'll replace him with someone who has walked away from  another club whose fans will see him as disloyal etc but we'll welcome him and expect him to kiss the badge and die for the club. Until his form drops and we want him to eff off!
Ross is a professional footballer who feels he is worth X pounds and is at a club who thinks he is worth Y pounds. He looks around at clubs in the CL and has to decide whether to go for that now or gamble he MIGHT get it with Everton. We need to be less emotional and more hard headed as fans in a transfer window!
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that whilst he is very very good I'm not sure he can step up to the pinacle of being great and he might find other clubs think that and they won't be beating down the door to get him. A sideways move - yes but a move to one of the very top clubs? Not sure. He could be still here with an injured ego come kick off.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

June 19, 2017, 04:42:47 PM
Reply #163

Alanvideo

I wouldn't be surprised if he and the club have agreed to a final decision when he returns from holiday. Take a break, get your head around it and let us know first day back.
..................was just going to say something similar. The club will expect a decision when he gets back from Rhyl.
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 19, 2017, 06:24:26 PM
Reply #164

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
..................was just going to say something similar. The club will expect a decision when he gets back from Rhyl.

Rhyl? No wonder he wants a pay rise.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama