October 15, 2019, 12:43:09 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 200393 times)

June 21, 2017, 02:08:55 AM
Reply #180

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
So from all these graphs and statistical analysis the conclusion is we don't know what Ross' best position is.

Knock me down with a feather.

Or that when he plays AM he is pretty average and he gives the ball away too often....

Not like people haven't said that in the past  :whistle:
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

June 22, 2017, 03:17:36 PM
Reply #181

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Echo reprinting a Mirror story saying that Spurs have ended their interest in Barkley.

More than one part of that sentence to pick apart. But let's just take it as the start of media talk that Barkley may be staying/taking a step down in terms of the level of club he is playing at.

June 22, 2017, 03:32:33 PM
Reply #182

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Echo reprinting a Mirror story saying that Spurs have ended their interest in Barkley.

More than one part of that sentence to pick apart. But let's just take it as the start of media talk that Barkley may be staying/taking a step down in terms of the level of club he is playing at.

I still think his agent has been trying to call our bluff based on what Lukaku has been offered (and not signed).

Unfortunately for him (and us) his performances didn't match up to that despite a promising up turn from the start of the season.

Hopefully he'll sign now things have settled down.

June 22, 2017, 03:35:00 PM
Reply #183

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

They were only interested as they saw a chance at getting a good player for below his value.

These days a club like Spurs can justify spending 20/30mil on what would be a squad player
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 22, 2017, 03:54:40 PM
Reply #184

Lxxx

If he signs and then starts to deliver what his talent says he should be doing then everyone's a winner. We don't need the money so I'd rather he just pulled his finger out and rose to the challenge.

June 22, 2017, 03:58:05 PM
Reply #185

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I still think his agent has been trying to call our bluff based on what Lukaku has been offered (and not signed).

Unfortunately for him (and us) his performances didn't match up to that despite a promising up turn from the start of the season.

Hopefully he'll sign now things have settled down.

Have heard a rumour that he's had a foot out the door all summer, but nothing has materialised and it's starting to look a bit iffy for him.

Would be overjoyed if he signed personally.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 22, 2017, 04:07:30 PM
Reply #186

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
He's better than any squad player we could bring in as cover, maybe some competition in the squad might bring out the best of him, who knows.

I'm not overly convinced he's got it in him mentally, I've always been honest with that, getting dropped from England and Everton didn't really see any turnaround in form in the past. I suppose being surrounded by better quality players this season might make the difference.
I'm happy to give him a chance knowing that we now have to quality to replace him should he not hit the mark, last season we didn't really have that luxury.

June 22, 2017, 04:10:55 PM
Reply #187

Lxxx

I still think he'll improve with better players around him. If Sandro is darting about all over the front line to drag defenders away from Lukaku/A.N.Other and Klaassan is making runs past him into the box he surely can't fail to either find space for himself to get on the scoresheet or pick up some more assists to increase his productivity.

He also surely has to, at some point, learn when to pick an early pass and when to hold onto the ball. You'd like to think that's one of the things the coaches have tried to and will continue to focus him on. It's all there for the lad if he wants it.

June 22, 2017, 04:19:32 PM
Reply #188

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I still think he'll improve with better players around him. If Sandro is darting about all over the front line to drag defenders away from Lukaku/A.N.Other and Klaassan is making runs past him into the box he surely can't fail to either find space for himself to get on the scoresheet or pick up some more assists to increase his productivity.

He also surely has to, at some point, learn when to pick an early pass and when to hold onto the ball. You'd like to think that's one of the things the coaches have tried to and will continue to focus him on. It's all there for the lad if he wants it.

Can Klaassen and Barkley fit in to the same squad though?

You would think that Gueye and Schneiderlin wouldn't be dropped. Koeman likes to play 2 wide attacking forwards and a striker. So unless he's going to change tactics then I'm not sure how they will fit in together.

That said, we will (hopefully) have much more games this season, that might see a few different tactics/formations.

June 22, 2017, 04:23:24 PM
Reply #189

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber

You would think that Gueye and Schneiderlin wouldn't be dropped. Koeman likes to play 2 wide attacking forwards and a striker. So unless he's going to change tactics then I'm not sure how they will fit in together.

That said, we will (hopefully) have much more games this season, that might see a few different tactics/formations.

We've been saying we wanted competition for places, so we shouldn't be afraid to have it. It should push both players to play better, and with many games to come and a home-grown quota to fulfil in the EL, having both Ross and Klaassen doesn't sound too bad.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

June 22, 2017, 04:26:04 PM
Reply #190

Lxxx

Barkley one side of a striker, Sandro or someone else on the other side and Klaassan just behind where Davies played last season.

June 22, 2017, 04:27:59 PM
Reply #191

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
We've been saying we wanted competition for places, so we shouldn't be afraid to have it. It should push both players to play better, and with many games to come and a home-grown quota to fulfil in the EL, having both Ross and Klaassen doesn't sound too bad.

I'm really happy with the competition, it's what we've been lacking.

I was more highlighting Lxxx comment, suggesting that Klaassen and Barkey would be on the same pitch at the same time. That would be an ideal scenario, but I'm not sure what tactics/formations we would have to play to facilitate that.

June 22, 2017, 04:28:07 PM
Reply #192

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Klaasen will be in the middle, competition for gueye and schneirdelin and Davies I reckon

Barkley if he stayed woukd be in competition with Sandro if he signs, Deulefou if he stays and mirallas
Simply simply lovely

June 22, 2017, 04:30:21 PM
Reply #193

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I'm really happy with the competition, it's what we've been lacking.

I was more highlighting Lxxx comment, suggesting that Klaassen and Barkey would be on the same pitch at the same time. That would be an ideal scenario, but I'm not sure what tactics/formations we would have to play to facilitate that.

Yeah, probably not at the start of games but I'm sure that if Ross stays, there'll be plenty of occasions where one or the other will be brought on at the expense of a defensive mid.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

June 22, 2017, 04:32:28 PM
Reply #194

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Klaasen will be in the middle, competition for gueye and schneirdelin and Davies I reckon

Barkley if he stayed woukd be in competition with Sandro if he signs, Deulefou if he stays and mirallas

I always thought Klaassen was more of an AM, that's why I think him and Ross will by competing for same position (based on last seasons formations anyway)

I could see Sandro playing as a wide forward, opposite side of Mirallas/ Deulofeu / whoever else we might sign.

Obviously up front we'd have Lukaku/someone else

As you said I think Schneiderlin/Gueye/Davies will all alternate throughout the season.