October 16, 2019, 06:53:32 PM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 200540 times)

September 02, 2017, 01:08:11 AM
Reply #2670

blueski

When was he boo'd incessantly. I really think this just isn't true. Groaning when he does something fucking ridiculous isn't the same thing
as I said earlier in the thread its true I was exaggerating a bit out of general frustration

I get being done with the barkley saga but don't personally get the vitriol and dislike for the player even with this convoluted situation

didn't work here for him and he's decided to move on. no one knows whats been done behind the scenes or what good or bad advice hes been given

still want a talented focused Ross here but seeing as that's not likely to happen maybe its best that hes going

and IMO he's right to reject Chelsea anyway from a player perspective
Nil Satis

September 02, 2017, 01:14:10 AM
Reply #2671

Heisenberg

I get being done with the barkley saga but don't personally get the vitriol and dislike for the player even with this convoluted situation

Because of his greed he's personally screwing the club out of 35million. That is a massive amount of money, massive.

He's a little shithouse and he's very sensitive and I hope the whole season is a horrible experience for him

September 02, 2017, 01:17:04 AM
Reply #2672

eyesalwaysblue

The hate for him isn't rational..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 02, 2017, 01:17:21 AM
Reply #2673

blueski

Because of his greed he's personally screwing the club out of 35million. That is a massive amount of money, massive.

He's a little shithouse and he's very sensitive and I hope the whole season is a horrible experience for him
I get that the club is losing out on a transfer fee but I'm not sure its because of greed. Seems like he just wants to play on a different team and it sounds like he will have to take a pay cut to do it at spurs. Chelsea might have given him a pay rise but he's just rejected them. Sounds like we were willing to give him the best financial package and he's decided not to take it.
Nil Satis

September 02, 2017, 01:18:37 AM
Reply #2674

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

He is screwing the club out of nothing. He is under contract

September 02, 2017, 01:38:03 AM
Reply #2675

Heisenberg

I get that the club is losing out on a transfer fee but I'm not sure its because of greed. Seems like he just wants to play on a different team and it sounds like he will have to take a pay cut to do it at spurs. Chelsea might have given him a pay rise but he's just rejected them. Sounds like we were willing to give him the best financial package and he's decided not to take it.

Fair enough. If you want to leave do it under contract and for a fee. Don't shit on the club you claim to love. This has obviously been planned for a while to let the contract run down. I'm one of his fans and have always defended him. But what he's doing here is snakey

September 02, 2017, 01:39:05 AM
Reply #2676

Heisenberg

He is screwing the club out of nothing. He is under contract

Of course he is. He's effectively pocketing the transfer fee for himself

September 02, 2017, 01:55:16 AM
Reply #2677

sam of the south

I think the club have proved their compassion towards ailing mental health with their exemplary handling of Aaron Lennon's situation.

If, as some are suggesting, Ross has similar difficulties, he would do well to trust the club that has always stood by him and open up.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

September 02, 2017, 02:00:28 AM
Reply #2678

ally2

I think the club have proved their compassion towards ailing mental health with their exemplary handling of Aaron Lennon's situation.

I'm sure we did right but all I remember us doing is saying he had our support, then he started playing again a bit later.  Was there really any more to it?

September 02, 2017, 02:04:21 AM
Reply #2679

ally2

Anyway so we've now decided Barkley might have mental health issues?  Jesus this just goes on and on.  I swear he could be a convicted serial killer and there'd still be sections of our fan base saying he's misunderstood and it's actually our fault.  It's beyond kopite delusion with this kid.

September 02, 2017, 02:19:34 AM
Reply #2680

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
The discussion will go on because there are so many bits that don't fit. Other players wanting away (here or any other club) we may not like it but it makes sense and fits together irrespective of any 'moral' issue.
This doesn't yet.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 02, 2017, 02:21:40 AM
Reply #2681

KoemansNumberTens

Does anyone on here really hate him. I think if he intends to leave for nowt or even a massively reduced fee in Jan then we should make his last season difficult for him by not playing him
I don't hate him though. He's just 1 of the 99.9999999% of footballers who ain't loyal. He's good not great. He's potential which he may or may not realise. He's a bit soft. I'd like to see him fail because that's human nature. Hate him though? Christ no. I'd be surprised if anyone on here really did

September 02, 2017, 02:23:35 AM
Reply #2682

KoemansNumberTens

Anyway so we've now decided Barkley might have mental health issues?  Jesus this just goes on and on.  I swear he could be a convicted serial killer and there'd still be sections of our fan base saying he's misunderstood and it's actually our fault.  It's beyond kopite delusion with this kid.

Exactly you can't just give people an illness to explain away some nonsense without any evidence. There were a few that had rooneys form down to mental illness

Personally I think Robles was a bit rubbish at times cos his hands were loose

September 02, 2017, 02:31:03 AM
Reply #2683

Faceatthefence

Exactly you can't just give people an illness to explain away some nonsense without any evidence. There were a few that had rooneys form down to mental illness

Personally I think Robles was a bit rubbish at times cos his hands were loose
Agree totally on the first point but Robles...i thought he was shite cause his hands were on the wrong wrists.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

September 02, 2017, 02:55:19 AM
Reply #2684

School of Science

Don't get the pay cut thing to play for Spurs, won't he earn more because the fee will be a lot lower in January. I'm sure his agent will include that little gem in the negotiations.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15