September 24, 2019, 03:27:24 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 198820 times)

September 02, 2017, 08:58:55 PM
Reply #2760

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Also, isn't he pretty much indefensible now?

I don't think either side is doing particularly well here. Barkley would do well to make an actual statement about it.

But in essence, what has really changed?

September 02, 2017, 09:13:38 PM
Reply #2761

Thornton_19

Personally now I'd refuse to sell him in January. (I think we will do this just by pricing teams out)

Wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team or even the under 23s. Just let him train on his bill for a year, let's make sure he has more than enough time to contemplate his next move.

September 02, 2017, 09:23:39 PM
Reply #2762

74Blue

I don't think either side is doing particularly well here. Barkley would do well to make an actual statement about it.

But in essence, what has really changed?
What has changed is his value to the club. A couple of days ago we could have had him off our wage bill and an extra 35m in the kitty for January. Now he's costing a wage until January, when we'll be lucky to get 10-15m for him. There's also a chance that he could sign a pre-contract in January and sit the rest of his contract out, walking away for fuck all in the summer. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he could sign a pre-contract and fuck off abroad. After all, he is a full England international so would probably be attractive to some teams on the continent, especially on a free.
I just don't even consider him as part of the squad now. He's well and truly burned his bridges at Everton and I can't really see any way back for him.

September 02, 2017, 09:34:14 PM
Reply #2763

hannu

What has changed is his value to the club. A couple of days ago we could have had him off our wage bill and an extra 35m in the kitty for January. Now he's costing a wage until January, when we'll be lucky to get 10-15m for him. There's also a chance that he could sign a pre-contract in January and sit the rest of his contract out, walking away for fuck all in the summer. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he could sign a pre-contract and fuck off abroad. After all, he is a full England international so would probably be attractive to some teams on the continent, especially on a free.
I just don't even consider him as part of the squad now. He's well and truly burned his bridges at Everton and I can't really see any way back for him.

am pretty sure English teams cannot sign pre contracts with players from other english teams, the pre contract rule only applies to foreign clubs

September 02, 2017, 09:36:53 PM
Reply #2764

MrWhite

I'm a rational dreamer man. Don't harsh my mellow with your logic.

The duality of man.  ;D

September 02, 2017, 10:00:58 PM
Reply #2765

christiffa25

he was doing what the club have history for, which is getting their version of events out first to make the player look bad

I reckon he was told Spurs would bid for him, so he went to London for a few days as he's injured, he's not doing anything else, and wanted to be available.  Then Chelsea came in for him and his agent probably told him to go along and see what they had to say out of politeness - and as he's there anyway...

He was polite, said no thanks - for now - and left

Then "someone" leaks it to the media that he walked out mid-medical, and Farhad goes on TV and repeats that story - for whatever reason....maybe it was Everton who put out the "mid medical walkout" story?

This is the first we've heard from "Barkley's side" about anything to do with a transfer.

He's leaving the club he supports, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong for that to even cross your mind hasn't it?

Absolutely spot on there Simon. Especially the last bit.

For Ross Barkley to want to leave Everton. Specially given the money and ambition we have now. Something has gone really sour.

I think a lot goes back to when he was hung out to dry by England and instead of having his back Everton's manager kicked him whilst he was down. It's also been common knowledge since Christmas last year that koeman wanted Rooney and siggirdson. 2 players who play Ross's position.

A lot on here seem very quick to jump on Ross back that it must all be his fault.

And let's just say the manager did want him replaced and sold (which is his porogative) why should Ross then bend over to look out for the club before himself.

I have no doubt in the future it will come to light that Ross had been pushed rather than jumped.

September 02, 2017, 10:03:01 PM
Reply #2766

School of Science

He's took us for a ride, much as I liked him and defended him as a player, that's what him and his agent have done, for his own benefits. Now people might say he has every right to do what's best for his own future and they'd be right.

But there are ways and means of doing things, especially when your with the club that made you, you supposedly supported all your life, made you a millionaire and got you to the level where you could represent your country. Any way you cut this, he has run down his contract, to the point where we will make practically nothing when he goes.

Those saying it's not for financial gain because he turned Chelsea down are deluding themselves, if he goes in January then he may well get a big signing on fee and bigger wages than he would have got on TDD, due to it being a much lower fee, his agent will ensure that.

If he goes at the end of his contract, it's a win, win for the player again, free transfer, more wages. We all called Rooney but at the very least we got a decent fee for him and if I remember, Rooney put in a transfer request, so lost his " loyalty " cut out of the fee, will Barkley ? All along it was obvious to some what he was doing, am I surprised, no disappointed yes.

Personally I would never let him kick a ball for Everton in an Everton shirt ever again. I would bench him continually all season, why keep him match fit for Spurs, or improve his chances for a world cup, Na fuck him, just as Ross thinks about our club and its fans. Yes I know it sounds bitter and petty, it's the way I feel and I can't see it changing soon. The annoying thing is I've seen this coming for quite a while.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 02, 2017, 10:09:30 PM
Reply #2767

Marky Mark and the funky

Question please for some of the more aggressively 'don't let him don the shirt again' posters like @Thornton_19 and @School of Science.

I notice neither of you have added the disclaimer you would forgive him were he to sign a new deal with us? I'm thinking the same way about not being in the team with the present state of affairs but I also would reverse that in an instant if he signed a new contract with us...

Actually, I'll go further. I am fickle enough all would quickly be forgiven but not forgotten, too.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 10:30:39 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

September 02, 2017, 10:13:51 PM
Reply #2768

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone got a link to the Moshiri interview?

Will trade links for likes.

September 02, 2017, 10:17:15 PM
Reply #2769

Evertonian in NC

Question please for some of the more aggressively 'don't let him don the shirt again' posters like @Thornton_19 and @School of Science.

I notice neither of you have added the disclaimer you would forgive him were he to sign a new deal with us? I'm thinking the same way about not being in the team with the present state of affairs but I also would reverse that in an instant if he signed a new contract with us...

Actually, I'll go further. I am fickle enough all would quickly be forgiven if not forgotten, too.

Not for me.  I don't trust him anymore, and all contract offers should be off the table.

I'd assign him to the U-23s, just so I can fine him for not showing up.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 02, 2017, 10:18:15 PM
Reply #2770

Marky Mark and the funky

Anyone got a link to the Moshiri interview?

Will trade links for likes.

@Defeatist will be right on this

p.s. Here is one place
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 10:20:30 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

September 02, 2017, 10:22:17 PM
Reply #2771

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone still thinking the club hasn't fucked this up?
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

September 02, 2017, 10:26:55 PM
Reply #2772

School of Science

Actually, I'll go further. I am fickle enough all would quickly be forgiven if not forgotten, too.

Find it very hard to forgive him mate, maybe I'd waiver with a public apology to the fans, but I really think he's burnt his bridges here or with me at least. A blue scorned eh.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 02, 2017, 10:28:33 PM
Reply #2773

plumber

Anyone still thinking the club hasn't fucked this up?

Yes.

September 02, 2017, 10:30:17 PM
Reply #2774

Marky Mark and the funky

Find it very hard to forgive him mate, maybe I'd waiver with a public apology to the fans, but I really think he's burnt his bridges here or with me at least. A blue scorned eh.

Yes, I would be all for making him come out and say something personal! There was a small mistake in what I said, it should have been forgiven but not forgotten.