September 20, 2019, 06:14:40 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 198389 times)

June 17, 2017, 05:09:37 PM
Reply #75

blue1948

Koeman just isn't that into him. Simple as that. He's the boss with a footballing pedigree that is second to none so we've got to take it that he knows what he's doing.

Local lad or not he just doesn't deliver enough and there are better players out there. Big call but ultimately it's probably the right one.
He loves Davies ( who put in a few bad ones towards the end of the season) and has no time for Ross ,there must be something for Ross to learn from that .As a lifelong Blue of course it would hurt if one of our own leaves but Ross has not upped his game and Ronald is not the man to tolerate that .I think we have a great manager now even knowing one day he will be off ,I keep hoping that "once Everton has touched you " will be enough ,sadly then I wake up and smell the coffee .He is on a mission and Ross Barkley is not the one to stand in his way .

June 17, 2017, 05:12:21 PM
Reply #76

blue1948

So he doesn't score or assists enough for you?

Because in 2015/16 his goals & assists were pretty high in comparison to his peers. Same as last season when there was only 8 other players who set up more goals than Barkley. Hardly sounds like the headless chicken you're making out to be.

Who's your benchmark you're comparing him against if you think we could get better?
May be one of the eight who did better?

June 17, 2017, 05:20:12 PM
Reply #77

Lxxx

Barkley would make a great squad player, no doubt. And really I can't see him getting anything better than he has with us. 100k a week playing for your boyhood club. Think that's what most of us could only dream of.

£100k/wk to sit on the bench for your boyhood club is what will be going through his mind.

June 17, 2017, 05:25:34 PM
Reply #78

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He loves Davies ( who put in a few bad ones towards the end of the season) and has no time for Ross ,there must be something for Ross to learn from that .As a lifelong Blue of course it would hurt if one of our own leaves but Ross has not upped his game and Ronald is not the man to tolerate that .I think we have a great manager now even knowing one day he will be off ,I keep hoping that "once Everton has touched you " will be enough ,sadly then I wake up and smell the coffee .He is on a mission and Ross Barkley is not the one to stand in his way .

Davies has exactly what Ross doesn't. Passion, that X-factor and the determination on the field that is infectious and pushes others. And I think that is why Barkley will never fulfill his potential. While Davies doesn't have Barkley's skills, he has the edge given his determination. He's a fighter.

But yeah, he did fade towards the end of the season, but then they all did. Am most excited about Davies out of all our players though. He looks the real deal. And that is why Koeman rates Davies and not Barkley imo.

I am assuming Klaassen will replace Davies in the team which I am sad about, but with Seamus out, I wonder how Davies would do as a wing back with a 3 at the back formation from time to time? He certainly has the speed and tacking to do well in the role, plus he has an end product.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 17, 2017, 05:33:24 PM
Reply #79

blue1948

Davies has exactly what Ross doesn't. Passion, that X-factor and the determination on the field that is infectious and pushes others. And I think that is why Barkley will never fulfill his potential. While Davies doesn't have Barkley's skills, he has the edge given his determination. He's a fighter.

But yeah, he did fade towards the end of the season, but then they all did. Am most excited about Davies out of all our players though. He looks the real deal. And that is why Koeman rates Davies and not Barkley imo.

I am assuming Klaassen will replace Davies in the team which I am sad about, but with Seamus out, I wonder how Davies would do as a wing back with a 3 at the back formation from time to time? He certainly has the speed and tacking to do well in the role, plus he has an end product.
The thing about Tom Davies is he is 18 ,no one including Koeman expects or wants him to burn himself out .I would be surprised if he plays week in and week out .Yes I know Colin Harvey did but it is a different game now .

June 17, 2017, 05:35:01 PM
Reply #80

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Davies is incredibly fortunate he breakthrough after Barkley. That's why he's going to be ok.

June 17, 2017, 05:41:25 PM
Reply #81

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The thing about Tom Davies is he is 18 ,no one including Koeman expects or wants him to burn himself out .I would be surprised if he plays week in and week out .Yes I know Colin Harvey did but it is a different game now .

Totally agree.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 17, 2017, 05:42:57 PM
Reply #82

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Davies is incredibly fortunate he breakthrough after Barkley. That's why he's going to be ok.

Why? He's going to be ok because of his attitude and his mentality. I'd be far sadder if the tables were reversed and it was Davies pining for the exit and not Barkley.

June 17, 2017, 05:45:28 PM
Reply #83

Lxxx

Klaassen's a CM who gets forward.  He'll play as one of the three.  How many times did Ross play there last year?  He spent most of the time wide right or left.  Klaassen wont play there, so he's 100% not a replacement.

Ross isn't a wide forward. He was pushed further forward by Koeman to accommodate him into the team and to hopefully draw out more productivity.

In a 4-3-3 it's difficult for Koeman to find a role for him, or so it would appear. He doesn't seem to work hard enough to play in a midfield three and he's not a forward. Good player but maybe better suited to a different system in a different team under a different manager?

June 17, 2017, 05:58:28 PM
Reply #84

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Ross isn't a wide forward. He was pushed further forward by Koeman to accommodate him into the team and to hopefully draw out more productivity.

In a 4-3-3 it's difficult for Koeman to find a role for him, or so it would appear. He doesn't seem to work hard enough to play in a midfield three and he's not a forward. Good player but maybe better suited to a different system in a different team under a different manager?

I didnt say Ross was a wide forward.  I said thats where he'd been played, and as such his replacement will play in those positions.  Klaassen will be one of the midfield 3.

June 17, 2017, 06:10:29 PM
Reply #85

Lxxx

I didnt say Ross was a wide forward.  I said thats where he'd been played, and as such his replacement will play in those positions.  Klaassen will be one of the midfield 3.

Exactly. He was played further forward because we were short on quality and quantity in those areas. With 2-3 additions in those areas this summer he'll be back competing centrally again, with Klaassan.

June 17, 2017, 06:16:08 PM
Reply #86

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Why? He's going to be ok because of his attitude and his mentality. I'd be far sadder if the tables were reversed and it was Davies pining for the exit and not Barkley.

The expectations on him were zero in comparison and he was and is being afforded the time to develop without much criticism as yet.

June 17, 2017, 06:35:44 PM
Reply #87

GrantyBoy78

He's not being pushed out of the club; if he leaves it's because of his refusal to sign a very lucrative contract

June 17, 2017, 06:38:08 PM
Reply #88

Rodenplav64

The expectations on him were zero in comparison and he was and is being afforded the time to develop without much criticism as yet.

Well said . Also if Koeman didn't rate Barkley I doubt he would have offered a better contract . Pretty sure Koeman would love him to stay but he is just not going to get drawn into protracted arguments with agents in order to keep someone who he feels he is able to replace . Hence he has treated Lukaku differently because he knows he won't be that easy to replace . Lukaku has been more public about being too good for us ( with Koeman saying the same ) than Barkley ever has .

June 17, 2017, 06:39:28 PM
Reply #89

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He's staying lids relax
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.