October 18, 2019, 10:48:26 PM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 200757 times)

June 17, 2017, 06:41:35 PM
Reply #90

KoemansNumberTens

The expectations on him were zero in comparison and he was and is being afforded the time to develop without much criticism as yet.

He was at least as good as barkley last season. A few years younger and we pay him a hell of a lot less. Barkley has been afforded time to develop. The issue is he hasn't developed

June 17, 2017, 06:47:42 PM
Reply #91

KoemansNumberTens

Do people really believe there's any chance of him staying (apart from to see out his last year) now? I'd be amazed. He'd have to go from asking for our biggest ever contract to accepting he's a squad player
Personally I think he's fucked. He's either not playing much football for a good team and that might include a year where he sits out completely, humbling himself by signing for us despite koemans apparent indifference or signing for West Ham or Newcastle

I think the reason there's no news is because he hates every option he now has

June 17, 2017, 08:07:18 PM
Reply #92

gizzblue

In reality looking at the new signings and potential new signings any half decent player (with a bit of fight )would want to stick around and fight for his place .....either that go bench sit for a top six, or be heaped on pressure wise. for  Newcastle or west ham relegation battles ....he should sign and fight here.
Born not made a blue .

June 17, 2017, 08:18:29 PM
Reply #93

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
This thread is giving me repetitive stress disorder.

June 17, 2017, 08:25:32 PM
Reply #94

blue1948

Do people really believe there's any chance of him staying (apart from to see out his last year) now? I'd be amazed. He'd have to go from asking for our biggest ever contract to accepting he's a squad player
Personally I think he's fucked. He's either not playing much football for a good team and that might include a year where he sits out completely, humbling himself by signing for us despite koemans apparent indifference or signing for West Ham or Newcastle

I think the reason there's no news is because he hates every option he now has
It could be he is on holiday

June 17, 2017, 09:03:42 PM
Reply #95

eyesalwaysblue

Barkley's had his head turned but Koeman not blameless nobody should have known that he said "sign or be sold"
should have been in-house same as Lukaku spouting every time he went off on international duty, Barkley to be fair
hasn't gone public in the same way... Lukaku hasn't shut up for fukin yonks, Koeman played a blinder when he said he would have to
move on to better himself, fukin amazin comment....lessons all round to be had here.
  End of the day Ross has time to knuckle down an deliver on promise there's not an Evertonian that wouldn't love to see that surely.

I still despise Clive Thomas..

June 17, 2017, 09:04:42 PM
Reply #96

arteta4spain

I think in terms of his position, didn't Martinez say that it's better for Ross to have a free role so he can find space etc. Had this had a negative impact as he's not sure where his actual position is and he feels confused in what to do on the pitch and that's where the hesitation stems from? I could be talking absolute bollocks like. And I know it sounds like I'm Martinez bashing in every post but he has had a detrimental effect on Ross' development.

June 17, 2017, 09:16:09 PM
Reply #97

Paddockoldie

Barkley is undoubtedly skilful and on his day oozes class but in terms of football intelligence, Davies is University Challenge and Ross is Going for Gold.
Davies has flaws but you can see his eye for a pass when it's on, Barkley sees it a second or two later.
I hope he stays but the amount of humble pie he'll have to eat to do so means he'll be on a diet til after Christmas. He has been very badly advised imo.

June 17, 2017, 09:28:04 PM
Reply #98

eyesalwaysblue

I think in terms of his position, didn't Martinez say that it's better for Ross to have a free role so he can find space etc. Had this had a negative impact as he's not sure where his actual position is and he feels confused in what to do on the pitch and that's where the hesitation stems from? I could be talking absolute bollocks like. And I know it sounds like I'm Martinez bashing in every post but he has had a detrimental effect on Ross' development.
super post ...well put....God he was a tosser

June 17, 2017, 09:47:33 PM
Reply #99

BlueBeagle

To be fair to the clown, he only managed Barkley for less than 3 seasons. He can't have had so much of a negative impact on a lad who'd been playing the game for about 15 years before he even came along with his absolute nonsense.

June 17, 2017, 09:54:25 PM
Reply #100

eyesalwaysblue

To be fair to the clown, he only managed Barkley for less than 3 seasons. He can't have had so much of a negative impact on a lad who'd been playing the game for about 15 years before he even came along with his absolute nonsense.
true but what a critical age to be to have that influence..it's a fukin wonder Martinez ever put his fukin
shoes on the right feet.

June 17, 2017, 11:37:05 PM
Reply #101

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
That's why Barkley assisted the most and scored the most when Martinez was in charge. Barkley isn't professional enough is the problem. He isn't for enough and he doesn't have the stamina for the modern game.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 17, 2017, 11:40:01 PM
Reply #102

eyesalwaysblue

That's why Barkley assisted the most and scored the most when Martinez was in charge. Barkley isn't professional enough is the problem. He isn't for enough and he doesn't have the stamina for the modern game.
Fukin hell Martinez was was a football genius and i missed it all....bugger

June 17, 2017, 11:45:05 PM
Reply #103

Bluedylan

Are we just glossing over that recent analysis that appeared to conclude that Barkley is a much more effective player than Sigurdsson?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 18, 2017, 12:33:02 AM
Reply #104

eyesalwaysblue

Are we just glossing over that recent analysis that appeared to conclude that Barkley is a much more effective player than Sigurdsson?
I understand Koeman's stance in a way but he could have been more of a diplomat with Barkley
after all he's been Mollie-coddled from an early age at Everton, i bet the dinner ladies gave him extra and all that,
he's still got time if he gets head down and grafts, it's swallow a bit of pre blurt for both of them and move on for the
greater good which is Everton  Fc