October 20, 2019, 03:06:37 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 200872 times)

June 18, 2017, 04:52:53 AM
Reply #105

benny

i still wish and hope he stays as i think he will come good if we get realy good players around him

June 18, 2017, 05:07:15 AM
Reply #106

Lxxx

Are we just glossing over that recent analysis that appeared to conclude that Barkley is a much more effective player than Sigurdsson?

Difference being one of them isn't signing the contract we've put on the table and the other one may well do.

June 18, 2017, 07:00:07 AM
Reply #107

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He was at least as good as barkley last season. A few years younger and we pay him a hell of a lot less. Barkley has been afforded time to develop. The issue is he hasn't developed

No the issue is that people blindly fall for young players and build them up to things that they are not.

Ross Barkley is a better footballer than Tom Davies, Ross Barkley can do things with a football that tom davies couldn't do in his wildest dreams.

However, tom fits the system. Tom plays simple passes and played them successfully. Ross invites pressure, plays difficult passes and tries to beat players 1 on 1, even when he then has to beat another and another until he loses it.

If tom ever gets 10 and 10 in the prem I'll eat my hat. He's a fucking brilliant player and I love him but people talking about 'x factor' and 'passion' and other shite - Ross can take a midfield out the game with a turn and burst of pace, or put it on a plate for the forward, or if he wants, put the ball in the top bin with either foot...he's a fucking fantastic player, and don't think he's not just because he's struggled for a year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 18, 2017, 07:08:46 AM
Reply #108

Tinga

No the issue is that people blindly fall for young players and build them up to things that they are not.

Ross Barkley is a better footballer than Tom Davies, Ross Barkley can do things with a football that tom davies couldn't do in his wildest dreams.

However, tom fits the system. Tom plays simple passes and played them successfully. Ross invites pressure, plays difficult passes and tries to beat players 1 on 1, even when he then has to beat another and another until he loses it.

If tom ever gets 10 and 10 in the prem I'll eat my hat. He's a fucking brilliant player and I love him but people talking about 'x factor' and 'passion' and other shite - Ross can take a midfield out the game with a turn and burst of pace, or put it on a plate for the forward, or if he wants, put the ball in the top bin with either foot...he's a fucking fantastic player, and don't think he's not just because he's struggled for a year.

Same could be said about Davies doing things Barkley could only dream of..

June 18, 2017, 08:28:03 AM
Reply #109

Thomas

Great post. At  Spurs he'd have fans fawning over him.

June 18, 2017, 08:36:07 AM
Reply #110

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Great post. At  Spurs he'd have fans fawning over him.

While he signs autographs for them sitting in The stands next to them.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 18, 2017, 08:43:07 AM
Reply #111

Shogun

Administrator

Same could be said about Davies doing things Barkley could only dream of..

June 18, 2017, 09:00:31 AM
Reply #112

Ramjam

Nice goal, just not enough of em
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 18, 2017, 05:03:18 PM
Reply #113

Tinga

When was the last time Barkley did anything like that?, he seems like he's taken that unpredictable part out his game. I'd obviously preferred he stayed though, no question. We need players.

June 18, 2017, 05:16:42 PM
Reply #114

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, you don't see him picking the ball up from deep and beating men anymore.

That part of his game has defo gone backwards.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 18, 2017, 05:28:01 PM
Reply #115

Gash

Global Moderator
Ross can take a midfield out the game with a turn and burst of pace, or put it on a plate for the forward, or if he wants, put the ball in the top bin with either foot...he's a fucking fantastic player, and don't think he's not just because he's struggled for a year.

How often does he do all that though? It's rare that he does these things which is all the more frustrating as we know he can.

June 18, 2017, 05:32:16 PM
Reply #116

BlueBeagle

How often does he do all that though? It's rare that he does these things which is all the more frustrating as we know he can.

Yeah but that's Martinez fault foe not being strict enough, oh no sorry it's Koemans fault for not rating him, or was it the fans fault for being on his back too much?

June 18, 2017, 05:36:59 PM
Reply #117

Lxxx

Both could potentially turn into great players however the difference is you have to ask the question has Ross plateaued and if so why?

When Ross was at Davies' stage in his career he was doing what Tom is now. Was that just the enthusiasm of youth and lack of expectation?

In my opinion Ross could still be that player but he needs to address what goes on inbetween his ears. If ever a player was crying out for some kind of sports psychologist it's Ross. However Koeman strikes me as the kind of guy who would look upon that as mental weakness and deem him not good enough. I may be wrong.

June 18, 2017, 05:46:15 PM
Reply #118

Dr. Sponge

It's not a difficult one to work out, Ross is just too inconsistent with the basics, like keeping possession and following his man.

If he's played as a wing forward, then these shortcomings aren't terrible, but when he's playing central, the team really suffers.

I'd like him to stay and improve, but he has to sign the contract.

June 18, 2017, 05:53:42 PM
Reply #119

sam of the south

Both could potentially turn into great players however the difference is you have to ask the question has Ross plateaued and if so why?

When Ross was at Davies' stage in his career he was doing what Tom is now. Was that just the enthusiasm of youth and lack of expectation?

In my opinion Ross could still be that player but he needs to address what goes on inbetween his ears. If ever a player was crying out for some kind of sports psychologist it's Ross. However Koeman strikes me as the kind of guy who would look upon that as mental weakness and deem him not good enough. I may be wrong.

I do think that Barkley has real problems with confidence.

This has culminated in him losing his identity as a player; as was rightly mentioned, he rarely drives from midfield beating players with his power and pace anymore.

He has been effected by having two contrasting managers, and this has messed with his head too.

I guess you have to question what we want from him.

I want him to drive, beat players, shoot more, look for forward passes, and press.

The trouble is, I'm not sure what Koeman instructs him to do (other than the preshing and forward pashes... sorry ☺️)
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau