September 24, 2019, 01:17:41 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 198806 times)

September 01, 2017, 11:16:56 PM
Reply #90

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Ps in my opinion he was just what we needed 2nd half in the city game.....

He can't even walk, so that's irrelevant.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 02, 2017, 06:01:13 PM
Reply #91

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Over 24 hours has passed and still theres quite a lot of people still surmising its all barkleys fault,,,why the fuck would any team ( spurs obviously didnt ) wanna buy someone with a hamstring injury thats possibly gonna be out the game untill november sometime for quite good money...If this is down to ross surely there wouldve been a statement released from him or his agent by now

The club have said it was down to him. He changed his mind after a medical. Why is that so hard to believe? Why would he come out and confirm what Moshiri had already told anyone on love TV?
Surely he would put a statement out if what Moshiri said was complete bollocks.

September 03, 2017, 03:04:11 AM
Reply #92

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Weird how he must think that his statement won't make him look even more like a cunt than he already does.

The little 'thanks for the support' looks like a slap in the face of the fans tbh.

How anyone can still blame the club is beyond me.

September 03, 2017, 03:35:12 AM
Reply #93

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Who exactly has ever said he's infallible?

No one has said the words but plenty have implied it.

September 03, 2017, 04:07:15 PM
Reply #94

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
That's the thing, I don't think anyone has. Instead of drawing conclusions based on actual events, people seem to have mostly drawn conclusions based on paper stories, and comments from Koeman and Moshiri, which, incidentally, have turned out to be inaccurate. If you read back, most people commenting on possible things unknown, have both made clear they don't know anything, and that it's just hypothetical. Yet others read that as infallible? Black and white thinking at it's finest. No-one has mentioned me by name, yet I am one of the ones suggesting other possibilities, for the simple reason that none of us know whats actually going on.. so presumably I am now classed by some as a deluded Barkley apologist. None of those people have properly read my posts methinks.

Why is it when someone "imagines" there are things behind the scenes that might change opinions, that is delusional, but people imagining he's already done a deal with Spurs are not? Personally I don't take my opinions from the paper stories.

I wasn't even aware your messages about him could be construed that way. This thread has about 20 new pages every time I log on and I can't be arsed looking back through.

But there definitely are posts from people on this thread that make out Barkley is infallible,  not just on this thread but over a few. Sometimes it's over this contract, sometimes it's refusal to lay any blame on Ross for poor performances (It's the crowds fault, it's the England managers fault, it's Koemans fault etc)

It's been going on since last season.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 04:15:35 PM by Duncs_a_legend »

September 04, 2017, 03:18:09 PM
Reply #95

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Can someone break down for me why Barkley is now unanimously deemed a cunt on here?

The club wants him out, tried to force a move to a club he doesn't want to go to, and he turned it down.

OK that's just my interpretation of events but is it any less likely than anyone else's?

Doesn't look like the club did want him out though.

They offered him a contract to stay. He told them in May that he wanted to leave. That's the only concrete information we know. We accepted an offer from Chelsea because Ross said he wanted to leave.
He agreed personal terms with another club, we didn't force him to.

Once a player asks to leave (especially a home grown one) then they usually get a cunt status. It's quite similar to the Dan Gosling situation but a bit more hurtful, as Barkley is apparently an Evertonian.

The change of mind at the 11th hour probably pissed a few people off as it looked like it would finally be the end of this saga.

It's not really a surprise thay fans would be a bit pissed off that a player with potential, who never put a shift in for us or attempted to realise that potential, runs his contract down and fucks off to a 'bigger' club.