August 22, 2019, 06:06:26 PM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 196141 times)

July 26, 2017, 11:39:43 PM
Reply #1500

BlueBeagle

Every club in the world bar Madrid and Barca are selling clubs.

It's a stupid term.

July 26, 2017, 11:46:14 PM
Reply #1501

sirblue57

am I missing something? where has Koeman  said he does not want Ross to stay? is it not down ULTIMATELY to barkley not signing a contract offered to him?

if he wants to go, fine, hope you do well. but EFC are bigger than you, and your ego. good luck.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

July 26, 2017, 11:47:49 PM
Reply #1502

cantoffee

I'm very sad.

Honestly can't fathom it, but if he leaves (which seems certain) so be it. I'll be devasted but as long as we are building and improving the squad we'll be fine without him.

July 26, 2017, 11:52:30 PM
Reply #1503

SANA_DR0

wonder what the odds are on him coming back when he is 30/31.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 26, 2017, 11:58:53 PM
Reply #1504

BlueBeagle

Miniscule based on his what he's done so far in his career

July 26, 2017, 11:59:25 PM
Reply #1505

gizzblue

Worth a ten spot easy 😅😅
Born not made a blue .

July 27, 2017, 12:09:02 AM
Reply #1506

bacon sarnie

"...Koeman added, however, that there are no offers on the table for Barkley, who has been strongly linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur, albeit with Spurs balking at Everton’s £50m asking price for a player who is out of contract next summer.

“He had his groin surgery last week and it will take three or four weeks to be back,” Koeman said. “His personal situation is not so difficult. We made a really good offer to him to sign a new contract, he declined that contract and told me that he is looking for a new challenge. OK, he is not in Everton’s future any more. It is his decision. I need to respect that and see what happens. What I heard from the board at the moment is that there is no offer on the table for Ross.”

Koeman clarified that he was aware of Barkley’s intentions “from the end of last season” and when asked if the midfielder would definitely be sold, replied: “Yes.” Guardian

Farewell Evertonian. Good luck with the new challenge/rest of your career.

July 27, 2017, 12:24:03 AM
Reply #1507

School of Science

We had three of the highest rated young attacking talents in Europe last season. They will all be gone next season more than likely playing cl football yet we have elements of our own fans who think they weren't good enough for Everton

It's a mad world

To be honest mate in Lukaku and Barkleys case, I'm sure they think they are too good for Everton.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 27, 2017, 12:32:10 AM
Reply #1508

GoodisonPk

To be honest mate in Lukaku and Barkleys case, I'm sure they think they are too good for Everton.

Not sure why in Ross' case. At least in lukakus case he delivered. What has Ross done?

July 27, 2017, 12:38:02 AM
Reply #1509

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
"We're definitely selling, we're not that bothered, the kid has no future at Everton"

or

"He's a highly valued player, has made massive progress in the last year, and has a big part to play for us next season where we expect him to kick on even more".

I wonder which of these stances would enable us to negotiate up to 50 million for a player most would value at around 20-30m.

July 27, 2017, 12:47:56 AM
Reply #1510

Redartin

am I missing something? where has Koeman  said he does not want Ross to stay? is it not down ULTIMATELY to barkley not signing a contract offered to him?
Agree totally. If Koeman was to make a shock announcement that he was leaving to manage another club, I don't think it would make a bit of difference to Barkley. I think his mind is made up, whether he made that decision himself or was badly influenced by others I don't know, but where is he going to go to get games to enhance his international career and play champions league football?
The press have him linked with Arsenal (not in CL), and Spurs (will he get games there?)
Chelsea - no chance
United - doubtful
The Shite - not much of an Evertonian if he goes there, expect a few more slaps in nightclubs if he done that.
I think the lads head is up his arse. If it is fans reactions that are annoying him maybe he is in the wrong profession. He'll probably end up at West Ham or Stoke in September.

July 27, 2017, 12:49:21 AM
Reply #1511

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
He's going to get badly booed when he plays at Goodison, isn't he.

July 27, 2017, 12:52:24 AM
Reply #1512

Robber Rodwell

I wonder who advises Ross?  He looked dire in a lot of games and appeared to have regressed and lost confidence.

Maybe he doesn't like rons no bullshit coaching style and needs an arm around his shoulder a bit more.

Will be a shame if he leaves, will be a bigger shame if he leaves for peanuts

July 27, 2017, 12:54:09 AM
Reply #1513

D_murph0278

It's a sad day when Barkley leaves no matter what. Koeman has clearly upset Barkley and no matter who we think is at fault here, the prospect of losing one of our 'own' to a rival team (I've got a feeling Liverpool even) when all of his best years are ahead of him, is sickening to me. Especially at a time when we are well and truly putting pressure on the top 4 and trophies.
It's not the same as Rooney leaving all of them years ago, we were piss poor on and off the field. It's not the same as Wilshere leaving Arsenal now. He's been piss poor for years now. It's more like Liverpool losing Gerrard to Chelsea at that time. Simply because, I'm convinced Klopp or Pochetino will definitely get the best out of his technique and potential and create one hell of a player.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

July 27, 2017, 12:54:31 AM
Reply #1514

sam of the south

He's going to get badly booed when he plays at Goodison, isn't he.

For better or worse, whether it's right or wrong, yes.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them