October 22, 2019, 08:46:03 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 201050 times)

August 15, 2017, 05:47:02 PM
Reply #2010

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Ross, could displace a few there in a typical season. Teams arent always as planned on paper, there is always slmost someone with a niggly injury, suspension or lack of form. This week Ross could have displaced Sissoko (please god lets not do a swap deal with Sissoko). If not available, Alli or Dembele could be replaced by Ross.

I would love to keep Ross here AND get Sigurdsson as well, and let one or two more of our fringe players go. With (hopefully) a LOT of Europa and domestic games coming up, we need the squad, so to offer him one last chance, and few more mill quid wages at the expense of losing a Niasse is surely beneficial to the club. Saying that, if he has truly set his mind on leaving us, then just get some quality players in now and stop the cloak and daggers bullshit, as we rarely win at that game.

August 15, 2017, 06:11:26 PM
Reply #2011

Lxxx

He might just fancy a change. Playing for your boyhood club probably carries with it a little more expectation and pressure than otherwise so he might fancy a change of scenery and a move to live somewhere different. He can lose himself in London and that might appeal to him.

August 15, 2017, 06:17:28 PM
Reply #2012

eyesalwaysblue

I'm still amazed that Barkley wants to g to Spurs.

It's widely accepted that he doesn't like Koeman criticising the weaker aspects of his game like tracking back and losing the ball to often.

Pochetinno is a manager who will be even less forgiving on that than Koeman on those areas.
Where's it widely accepted, not seen anything from Barkley's side reported anywhere? no direct quotes or speculation, the statements were all Koemans were they not?
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 15, 2017, 06:44:31 PM
Reply #2013

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
im still so so sad about all this :(
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

August 15, 2017, 07:01:02 PM
Reply #2014

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
There are less people now that want Ross to come back and score the winner against us, compared to a few weeks back, so that's good to see.

It's sad when a local lad doesn't make it, buts it part and parcel of the game.
I trust Koemans judgement and we will move on.

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 15, 2017, 07:08:59 PM
Reply #2015

Toddacelli

im still so so sad about all this :(

Me too. Sat reading this thread the other night and it felt more like a relationship break-up than a football player transfer saga.

Whatever has happened- I hope people at the club have learned from it. And I still wish Ross the best - wherever that may be next.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 15, 2017, 07:11:40 PM
Reply #2016

Rodenplav64

Another one pulled straight out from between your arse cheeks lolol

You really do give yourself too much credit with your emojis .

August 16, 2017, 03:14:38 AM
Reply #2017

bacon sarnie

Shame he's not a striker.

August 16, 2017, 03:38:30 AM
Reply #2018

everton1952

According to Toffee Web he pulled a hamstring in training and faces a long layoff. If true that means he stays. As long as Moshiri does not mind losing a transfer fee it suits us because he will be playing for his England place and will benefit us.

August 16, 2017, 03:43:19 AM
Reply #2019

Bluedylan

There are less people now that want Ross to come back and score the winner against us, compared to a few weeks back, so that's good to see.

It's sad when a local lad doesn't make it, buts it part and parcel of the game.
I trust Koemans judgement and we will move on.

I'd be amazed if there's one person that felt that way. You'd have to be mad to want any player to score or do well against your team, let alone a homegrown player that you'd sold.

On the other hand, it's not unreasonable for people to want him to still have a good career and show his ability, as long as it doesn't adversely impact Everton in any way.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 16, 2017, 03:57:19 AM
Reply #2020

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'm over it.

Think he's making a really bad decision and hope he fails.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 16, 2017, 05:02:31 AM
Reply #2021

burkey17

August 16, 2017, 05:09:18 AM
Reply #2022

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

August 16, 2017, 05:13:18 AM
Reply #2023

Realist

I'd like him to stay, if we can still get a  RB CB/LB, winger and a striker & keep him we could have a decent season
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 05:14:55 AM by Defeatist »

August 16, 2017, 05:17:31 AM
Reply #2024

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I'd like him to stay, if we can still get a  RB CB/LB, winger and a striker & keep him we could have a decent season
I think we will have a decent season at least without him.