September 19, 2019, 09:01:13 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 198316 times)

August 17, 2017, 05:07:44 AM
Reply #2055

Bally

Administrator
If anyone likes to speculate based on body language, when Koeman was asked about Ross's injury (on two separate occasions) he immediately moved his hand to his chin and extended his finger across his lips before answering.
Subconsciously telling the questioner to be quite
It's the roll I way

August 17, 2017, 05:09:49 AM
Reply #2056

MrWhite

Subconsciously telling the questioner to be quite

That's the amusing thing about body language. Some people think it's all telling, but without an in depth study of the individual it's complete guesswork, and even then it can be scuppered if the individual is aware of his own body language, or perhaps just has an itchy chin.  ;D

August 17, 2017, 05:22:19 AM
Reply #2057

Bluedylan

That's the amusing thing about body language. Some people think it's all telling, but without an in depth study of the individual it's complete guesswork, and even then it can be scuppered if the individual is aware of his own body language, or perhaps just has an itchy chin.  ;D

That's another clique thing. People have a strong aversion to amateur body language interpretation. It doesn't go down well on here. Not even joking.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 17, 2017, 06:12:11 AM
Reply #2058

MrWhite

That's another clique thing. People have a strong aversion to amateur body language interpretation. It doesn't go down well on here. Not even joking.

It's a common way of people seeing whatever they want through cognitive bias. Particularly used to "prove" a player is unhappy, leaving, or whatever else suits someones pre-existing belief. Some people believe you can spot liars based on simple things, despite science repeatedly demonstrating the opposite.

Your comment does explain why there weren't more comments in reply though! Seems a bit strange that certain made up stuff is frowned upon when much of the discussion on here is driven by paper talk and random beliefs in various things that lack evidence.

August 17, 2017, 02:45:37 PM
Reply #2059

Bally

Administrator
Hahaha I know man I studied body language for a bit, I also worked for a very long time learning body language on the job. I haven't watched it to be fair so haven't seen any of the micro expressions or the facial expression so was taking the piss a bit.

It's the roll I way

August 17, 2017, 03:40:48 PM
Reply #2060

Lxxx

To be fair you don't need to be a body language expert with Koeman, he's pretty transparent for the most part.

August 17, 2017, 04:14:38 PM
Reply #2061

eyesalwaysblue

The few short news snips of Ross in training one last night from monday,  he seems chilled enough. Hope it get's resolved for him and the club wether he stays or goes. I'd personally like to see him do well even with someone else because he was made here.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 17, 2017, 04:31:50 PM
Reply #2062

Alanvideo

To be fair you don't need to be a body language expert with Koeman, he's pretty transparent for the most part.
...........yeh but ok it's better than the snake oil salesman !
I love Koeman's own brand of English .
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 17, 2017, 04:45:39 PM
Reply #2063

Macca77

talksport are reporting he needs surgery and will be out until November

August 17, 2017, 08:48:33 PM
Reply #2064

eyesalwaysblue

...........yeh but ok it's better than the snake oil salesman !
I love Koeman's own brand of English .
He's nearly got Mclaren off to a T..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 17, 2017, 08:54:59 PM
Reply #2065

everton1952

Barkley can go next season for nothing and good luck to him. Hopefully the club will get something out of him on the pitch in the second half of the season when he is playing for an England place. We are not skint, the money is water under the bridge in these days of affluence.

August 17, 2017, 09:00:14 PM
Reply #2066

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully we'll get a few million for him in January then. What a crap time for this to happen. Should have sold last year and bought Sig before he signed a new contract.

Hindsight, eh?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 17, 2017, 10:00:09 PM
Reply #2067

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Paul Joyce reported that it's down to his relationship with Koeman being strained.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 17, 2017, 10:12:05 PM
Reply #2068

sam of the south

Paul Joyce reported that it's down to his relationship with Koeman being strained.

Maybe he could hold on a year then
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 20, 2017, 05:47:30 AM
Reply #2069

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
It'll be the same as Pienaar. Spurs don't need Ross and they're not prepared to spend on him, but they'll have him for fuck all.

Levy is a tight cunt.

That'll be why he spent £33m on Sissokho and £28m on Soldado then. The tight cunt.

Know it's nice n all perpetuating this stereotype of the Jew as the tight fisted cunt, but it's bollocks really. The majority of football chairman have to be sensible with their money.