October 17, 2019, 11:01:03 PM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 200667 times)

August 25, 2017, 02:33:32 PM
Reply #2130

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
A few FOTF's on here !

August 25, 2017, 02:34:23 PM
Reply #2131

Lxxx

He doesn't want to be here. That in itself should stop any debate about the lad and whether he would or wouldn't look better in our new team. It's all immaterial, he's soon to be Everton history.

August 25, 2017, 03:03:17 PM
Reply #2132

Gash

Global Moderator
Don't understand why I'm seeing people say they'd like to see him in this team.

We have intelligent players who move it quick and link up with eachother.

How would Barkley in any way improve things?

You can just see him carrying the ball out of defence, starting a counter attack, 4 v 3 with Rooney, DCL and Lookman all busting a gut ahead of him pulling defenders left right and centre only for him to check his run and square it to Baines.

August 25, 2017, 03:05:40 PM
Reply #2133

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Only after hesitating for ten seconds.

August 25, 2017, 03:08:05 PM
Reply #2134

Lxxx

You can just see him carrying the ball out of defence, starting a counter attack, 4 v 3 with Rooney, DCL and Lookman all busting a gut ahead of him pulling defenders left right and centre only for him to check his run and square it to Baines.

Sad but true.

August 25, 2017, 03:18:05 PM
Reply #2135

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Disagree with this 'Barkley is thick' rhetoric.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 25, 2017, 03:22:49 PM
Reply #2136

Lxxx

He hasn't got the speed of thought on a football pitch which is needed at the top level. His replacement last night had the presence of mind to try a 50 yard effort as he had a split second mental picture of what might be possible, which Barkley doesn't have sadly. I agree with you that calling him 'thick' is a bit below the belt but from a footballing perspective he's a second behind his peers.

August 25, 2017, 03:27:52 PM
Reply #2137

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
He hasn't got the speed of thought on a football pitch which is needed at the top level. His replacement last night had the presence of mind to try a 50 yard effort as he had a split second mental picture of what might be possible, which Barkley doesn't have sadly. I agree with you that calling him 'thick' is a bit below the belt but from a footballing perspective he's a second behind his peers.

What about the goal he scored again City couple years back? Pretty instinctive and opportunistic. Not far off the same level of quality of goal either.

Not that I really disagree with you though. In general he does need to think and act quicker (if that's possible for him) on the pitch. Though I do wonder if, with a bit more self-belief, that side of his game might improve. He always seems so nervous and that always inhibits instinctive play.

August 25, 2017, 03:29:46 PM
Reply #2138

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

I wouldn't call him thick, I just don't think he has the football brain of a top drawer player.

August 25, 2017, 03:30:12 PM
Reply #2139

BlueBeagle

What about the goal he scored again City couple years back? Pretty instinctive and opportunistic. Not far off the same level of quality of goal either.

Not that I really disagree with you though. In general he does need to think and act quicker (if that's possible for him) on the pitch. Though I do wonder if, with a bit more self-belief, that side of his game might improve. He always seems so nervous and that always inhibits instinctive play.

The fact you've got to go back a couple of years to find an example says a lot about his progression.

August 25, 2017, 03:30:40 PM
Reply #2140

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I really hope he has a change of heart and signs a new deal.

And then we put him up for sale for full price.

August 25, 2017, 03:31:42 PM
Reply #2141

Lxxx

The fact you've got to go back a couple of years to find an example says a lot about his progression.

Regression.

August 25, 2017, 03:32:44 PM
Reply #2142

MmmblueBernard

This is indicative of a player lacking in confidence. Probably because of a gang of knobheads in the crowd have been getting at him for a while now.

No wonder he wants out.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 25, 2017, 03:53:52 PM
Reply #2143

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I disagree with all that football intelligence shite as well.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 25, 2017, 03:58:02 PM
Reply #2144

Bally

Administrator
It's the roll I way