October 19, 2019, 09:24:13 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 200799 times)

June 18, 2017, 05:46:15 PM
Read 200799 times

Dr. Sponge

It's not a difficult one to work out, Ross is just too inconsistent with the basics, like keeping possession and following his man.

If he's played as a wing forward, then these shortcomings aren't terrible, but when he's playing central, the team really suffers.

I'd like him to stay and improve, but he has to sign the contract.

June 25, 2017, 05:59:14 AM
Reply #1

Dr. Sponge

Imagine you create more chances than any English midfielder over the course of a year and still don't make the squad.

The English national side has long made the decision to play a big team player out of position over an unfashionable team's player in the correct position.

I agree, this annoys me. But they'll do that partly because they deem the players playing for the higher placed clubs to have a better winning mentality. Also partly because they're idiots.

July 03, 2017, 06:58:50 PM
Reply #2

Dr. Sponge

Fuck sake.

August 11, 2017, 06:12:35 AM
Reply #3

Dr. Sponge

Ross will stay.

Nobody wants him.

Weird situation.

Take care, Spongey.

August 16, 2017, 03:53:07 PM
Reply #4

Dr. Sponge

Someone has already pointed out, United bought Rooney from us when he had a broken foot. The metatarsal years.

So does his hamstring injury matter?

August 25, 2017, 04:07:19 PM
Reply #5

Dr. Sponge

Rooney is far better than Barkley in the 10 role. And so will be Sigurdson.

I'm really not that bothered about Barkley now...

If he dies, he dies.

September 05, 2017, 03:56:17 PM
Reply #6

Dr. Sponge

I think Ross has decided for a while now that he wants to go to Spurs. Not for the money, but for his career. He's seen Pochettino turn average players into stars and England regulars. Alli, Dier, Rose, Walker and especially Kane. He went through all the England youth teams as a star while Kane struggled for starts. If we had accepted Spurs bid he would have signed for them this summer. We didn't so he's decided to wait until January. He's injured so it's not like he was going to be playing anyway until December.

As for handing in a transfer request. He doesn't really need to do that when his manager has said that he is for sale already.

Strange when a player is relying on one manager to turn him into a better player.

Tadic didn't do too badly under Koeman at Southampton, who plays a similar role as Barkley should be playing.

We have Rooney who Barkley could have learnt a lot from.

He just doesn't want to be at the club, and it comes to a point where it doesn't even matter what the reason is...

He's an evertonian, turning down a fortune to play for Everton, to go to a rival club to sit on the bench.